Given up on Rebecca Jessica Parker?

townhallsavoy

Buddy, ... The 5 wins in a row has nothing to do with the argument about JPW? Tell me you didn't reallllly think so... The LAST supposedly GREAT QB at Bama was responsible for 4 of those 5. Holy crap...

You did put my three main points down fine... That's good...

You even talked about how your QB is struggling in his second year, which only supports what I was saying... A struggling QB isn't a POSITIVE...it's a NEGATIVE! Can't you see that??? ... So.. with ALL that said, YES, I believe that you COULD get beaten this weekend....possibly handidly.....

Then you went on and compared your team with Auburn..... AGAIN, to make your point about YOUR problems.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: . Unreal....but you don't see the point.

Now you're just trying to stir the pot. There is no further point you can make.

of course a struggling QB is a negative. i'm not saying that our QB is struggling because YOUR QB is also struggling. no matter how much you warp that in your mind, its not. my point is simply you are berating us because our QB is bad in your opinion, but the same reasons you base that on means you think your QB is bad too, yet you will argue to the death otherwise. i'm not saying our QB is perfect. i'm simply saying you guys don't have much room to berate us, because yours isn't playing all that well either. its funny how its ok for YOU to compare our teams when you try to make a point, but when somebody else does it in a negative way towards AU, oh well thats not valid.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buddy, ... The 5 wins in a row has nothing to do with the argument about JPW? Tell me you didn't reallllly think so... The LAST supposedly GREAT QB at Bama was responsible for 4 of those 5. Holy crap...

You even talked about how your QB is struggling in his second year, which only supports what I was saying... A struggling QB isn't a POSITIVE...it's a NEGATIVE! Can't you see that??? ... So.. with ALL that said, YES, I believe that you COULD get beaten this weekend....possibly handidly.....

Then you went on and compared your team with Auburn..... AGAIN, to make your point about YOUR problems.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: . Unreal....but you don't see the point.

of course a struggling QB is a negative. i'm not saying that our QB is struggling because YOUR QB is also struggling. no matter how much you warp that in your mind, its not. my point is simply you are berating us because our QB is bad in your opinion, but the same reasons you base that on means you think your QB is bad too, yet you will argue to the death otherwise. i'm not saying our QB is perfect. i'm simply saying you guys don't have much room to berate us, because yours isn't playing all that well either. its funny how its ok for YOU to compare our teams when you try to make a point, but when somebody else does it in a negative way towards AU, oh well thats not valid.

I'm not making a comparison between AU and UA's football teams to make my point about your QB situation scissors! YOU keep bringing Auburn up to tell me why I shouldn't have the opinion I do about JPW and Alabama's situation, and it's BS.

I gave you my points, they had NOTHING to do with AU. You even typed them out yourself. YOU keep bringing up the AU and UA comparison. It's stupid and moot.

Seriously, what is your major malfunction here!?!?!?

I love it! I guess if I was an Alabama fan I would see how freakin' INCREDIBLE of a QB that John Parker Wilson is....

For the record, I never said JPW is a "horrible" QB. I said he is mediocre, meaning there are a lot of better QBs and a lot of worse QBs in the country. He's very mediocre. Right in the middle. Not really exciting, not really a failure.

I stand by that statement.

It was you guys that started to compare JPW to BC, not me. I don't understand this because AU being your 2nd biggest rival, I don't understand why you would not compare JPW to UT quarterbacks, since beating UT is the game that REALLY matters.

It would be one thing if this was the first time Alabama fans had placed their QB on a pedestal for no good reason, but it's not. In fact this is old hat for anyone who has ever been around you guys very long. You placed Brody Croyle on a pedestal. Then you got tired of Brody. Then you place JPW on a pedestal. Now you're getting tired of him. Who's next for the pedestal? And we will have this same old conversation a couple of years from now.

I'm not making a comparison between AU and UA's football teams to make my point about your QB situation scissors! YOU keep bringing Auburn up to tell me why I shouldn't have the opinion I do about JPW and Alabama's situation, and it's BS.

I gave you my points, they had NOTHING to do with AU. You even typed them out yourself. YOU keep bringing up the AU and UA comparison. It's stupid and moot.

wow, a post without a million emoticons. we've reached a breakthrough here! i'll put it to you a few ways maybe you can understand why i'm just not so ready to hit the panic button on our QB.

we have the #5 scoring offense in the SEC behind UF, UK, LSU, and Arky respectively.

we have the #5 passing offense in the SEC behind UT, UF, UK, Ole Miss respectively. we are averaging 231 yards a game with a 56% completion rate.

we are #3 in the SEC on turnover margin behind LSU, UK, and tied with UF.

we have the #5 total offense in the SEC behind UF, UK, Arky, and LSU respectively.

we are #8 in the SEC on pass efficiency behind UF, LSU, UK, Ole Miss, UT, Vandy, and UGA respectively. we could certainly improve in this area.

seeing as how we have moved up in every offensive category in the SEC from the 06 season with JPW struggling, i don't think there is a HUGE concern as of yet. a 2nd year QB struggling in a new system and new coaches with the 5th ranked total/passing/scoring offense in the conference. hopefully he can get his poise back, because if we can be #5 while he is struggling i can't wait to see what will happen when he gets his head straight.

I love it! I guess if I was an Alabama fan I would see how freakin' INCREDIBLE of a QB that John Parker Wilson is....

For the record, I never said JPW is a "horrible" QB. I said he is mediocre, meaning there are a lot of better QBs and a lot of worse QBs in the country. He's very mediocre. Right in the middle. Not really exciting, not really a failure.

I stand by that statement.

It was you guys that started to compare JPW to BC, not me. I don't understand this because AU being your 2nd biggest rival, I don't understand why you would not compare JPW to UT quarterbacks, since beating UT is the game that REALLY matters.

It would be one thing if this was the first time Alabama fans had placed their QB on a pedestal for no good reason, but it's not. In fact this is old hat for anyone who has ever been around you guys very long. You placed Brody Croyle on a pedestal. Then you got tired of Brody. Then you place JPW on a pedestal. Now you're getting tired of him. Who's next for the pedestal? And we will have this same old conversation a couple of years from now.

the problem here is you force other fans opinions down OUR throats and pass it off as we're saying it too, such as someone did earlier in this thread by throwing Jason Campbell in the mix when i never said JPW was better than JC; i think the opposite, actually. and i can sit here and tell you all day long that i don't think JPW is perfect, and he's not a world beater. but you will still take the most out of the world thing some other fan said and pass it off as if thats what i think too.

wow, a post without a million emoticons Really????? Where???? . we've reached a breakthrough here! i'll put it to you a few ways maybe you can understand why i'm just not so ready to hit the panic button on our QB.

we have the #5 scoring offense in the SEC behind UF, UK, LSU, and Arky respectively.

we have the #5 passing offense in the SEC behind UT, UF, UK, Ole Miss respectively. we are averaging 231 yards a game with a 56% completion rate.

we have the #5 total offense in the SEC behind UF, UK, Arky, and LSU respectively.

we are #8 in the SEC on pass efficiency behind UF, LSU, UK, Ole Miss, UT, Vandy, and UGA respectively. we could certainly improve in this area.

seeing as how we have moved up in every offensive category in the SEC from the 06 season with JPW struggling, i don't think there is a HUGE concern as of yet. a 2nd year QB struggling in a new system and new coaches with the 5th ranked total/passing/scoring offense in the conference. hopefully he can get his poise back, because if we can be #5 while he is struggling i can't wait to see what will happen when he gets his head straight.

Yeah, that's all valid, but UNTIL he improves, you all aren't that good, and my points from earlier still stand up.

It's my opinion. As an Auburn fan, I have that right. Please, go dig up some more stats though that don't have crap to do with this coming Saturday or the way the defense has all but imploded in the SEC games you've played so far.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I hope that none of you Auburn fans in this thread EVAR complain about the number of Alabama posters on this board.

By starting and continuing these types of threads, you give these yahoos a place to express themselves. You perpetuate the very thing you rail against. That is, if you hate the Alabama fans even being here.

My advice? Ignore these ignorants f**** and they will go away.

I hope that none of you Auburn fans in this thread EVAR complain about the number of Alabama posters on this board.

By starting and continuing these types of threads, you give these yahoos a place to express themselves. You perpetuate the very thing you rail against. That is, if you hate the Alabama fans even being here.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's what they'll do. They'll just ... go away.

Who is complaining? I like having BG and RWS on here. They seem like good guys and they are good sports in all their posts. And for the most part, they are always intelligent in what they say. No complaints from me.

Now, trying to convince me that JPW is a phenom at QB is another story.

Guest Tigrinum Major

You see BAMAPERRY around much? The ignorant **** named lg1222 from last week? Any others that come on here and flame? Nope.

You think you can reason with these people and you can't. The fact that you try keeps them around. I know! I've tried!

Who is complaining? I like having BG and RWS on here. They seem like good guys and they are good sports in all their posts. And for the most part, they are always intelligent in what they say. No complaints from me.

By all means, carry on then.

You see BAMAPERRY around much? The ignorant **** named lg1222 from last week? Any others that come on here and flame? Nope.

You think you can reason with these people and you can't. The fact that you try keeps them around. I know! I've tried!

By all means, carry on then.

Just havin' some fun with the ignorant little asshooligans TM... It's alllll in fun man. Alllllll in fun. See, I actually look at it like, who knew that by opening this Rivals Forum, that bammers would step into the barrel to be shot at. :thumbsup:

wow, a post without a million emoticons Really????? Where???? . we've reached a breakthrough here! i'll put it to you a few ways maybe you can understand why i'm just not so ready to hit the panic button on our QB.

Yeah, that's all valid, but UNTIL he improves, you all aren't that good, and my points from earlier still stand up.

It's my opinion. As an Auburn fan, I have that right. Please, go dig up some more stats though that don't have crap to do with this coming Saturday or the way the defense has all but imploded in the SEC games you've played so far.

and i have my opinion too. i have a right to that. what do the SEC games have to do with this Saturday? we're not playing an SEC opponent. statistics aren't the end all be all of a team's performance, but they are a decent measuring stick. don't try and put StatTiger out of a job! of course, statistics mean nothing unless it is a negative statistic towards Bama. in your opinion, seriously, how many yards per game passing do you think we should achieve to be "good"? what type of completion percentage? what type of QB rating? what type of opponents yards allowed? what is your measuring stick for "good", just so i know? sure, we MIGHT get smacked around on Saturday. every other team in the country MIGHT get smacked around too. the Pope MIGHT walk up and shake my hand tomorrow....doesn't mean it WILL happen. we'll see how it ends up Sunday morning.

and i have my opinion too. i have a right to that. what do the SEC games have to do with this Saturday? we're not playing an SEC opponent. statistics aren't the end all be all of a team's performance, but they are a decent measuring stick. don't try and put StatTiger out of a job! of course, statistics mean nothing unless it is a negative statistic towards Bama. in your opinion, seriously, how many yards per game passing do you think we should achieve to be "good"? what type of completion percentage? what type of QB rating? what type of opponents yards allowed? what is your measuring stick for "good", just so i know? sure, we MIGHT get smacked around on Saturday. every other team in the country MIGHT get smacked around too. the Pope MIGHT walk up and shake my hand tomorrow....doesn't mean it WILL happen. we'll see how it ends up Sunday morning.

YAWN...... :rolleyes:

Like you said..."we'll see how it ends up on Sunday morning." :thumbsup:

Nope. FSU is terrible. And they might just light you up this weekend.

Break THAT down.

yeah, just like WCU was going to. then how Vandy was going to. then how Arky was going to. then how UGA was going to. you get the point...well, actually, i doubt that.

From a talent aspect, I expect what I've said. What you guys don't get, and are just going to spin and ignore anyway, is that you've faded against the decent teams you've played. You're going to get schooled one of these games. DJ Hall isn't going to sneak up on anyone, JPW is NOT that scary of a QB. Now that there's tape on you guys out there, and the fact that you've already shown the tendancy to fade BIG TIME down the stretch defensively, I expect a team with talent (yes, even mediocre) to possibly hand it to you guys.

But go ahead, tell me, and Auburn fan, why I should see it Bammer's way. Please.

It's pointless.

:rolleyes:

i hate to tell you, but AU is in the same boat except defense, insert offense. its not like our offense has been lights out, but i'll take it over the problems you guys currently have. you guys fade against teams that are not even decent. spin it anyway you like, but you guys should have beat the crap out of USF and MSU.....with your second string. you love to sit here and point out our faults and down our QB, yet you guys don't even know week to week who your starting QB is going to be....the 5th year senior, or the true freshman who knows about 10 plays of the playbook. your WR's surely aren't going to sneak up on anyone, except maybe Dunn. BC is not that scary of a QB. i've known for a while now it is pointless to discuss anything with you, because you cannot pull your head out of your rear end long enough to listen. you ignore the facts or points given, put in a bunch of emoticons, and you talk alot but you don't really say anything. i'm just saying....all the points you have given as to why someone is going to "hand it to us" are certainly valid against you guys also. so i wouldn't be talking too much smack.

Wow. Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Just remember, never forget....FIVE.

Oh, and, have a nice day!

ohsnap.gif

of course! 5! wow, how could i have not thought of that. obvious proof of why JPW is a horrible, horrible QB.

"sally jesse is a horrible, horrible qb" quote from rws on 9-28-07

Great and thanks! That's a keeper!

WinCrimson, BamaGrad, runswithscissors and a few others don't bother me in the least. BAMAPERRY, lgbunchofnumbers and other dickheads like that get a totally different kind of treatment from me and deservedly so.

That said, people from time to time complain about so many bammer topics and bammer posters on the board. Yet often they are among the first ones to response to virtually any post a bammer makes and almost as often they start whole topics on bammer. Like you expected them not to respond?

The solution is simple. If bammer topics and bammer posters bother you simply by being bammer, then don't click on the topics and use the ignore feature to ignore all bammer posters. If someone happens to quote a bammer in their response, exercise your God-given self control and don't respond to it. Direct your posts only to other Auburn fans. Those who either enjoy debating with rivals or just enjoy needling rivals can continue to do so. Then everyone can be happy.

And isn't that really what it's all about?

WinCrimson, BamaGrad, runswithscissors and a few others don't bother me in the least. BAMAPERRY, lgbunchofnumbers and other dickheads like that get a totally different kind of treatment from me and deservedly so.

thats twice that HIS name has been brought up in one thread. HE'S like Beetlejuice. remember last time someone said HIS name 3 times in a post? HE appeared. you guys should put a filter on the board for him like you did that OTHER guy ;)

thats twice that HIS name has been brought up in one thread. HE'S like Beetlejuice. remember last time someone said HIS name 3 times in a post? HE appeared. you guys should put a filter on the board for him like you did that OTHER guy ;)

"other"?....Hmmmm....I can think of a candidate or two. :poke::lol::lol:

Were we ever this bad?

thread_direction.gif

Wow, this started with Bama fans being down on JPW. Now we have a full fledged war between Auburn fans against JPW and Bama fans for JPW.

I really don't understand some of you. That's like 5 pages worth of bullheaded nonsense. No one is going to admit they're wrong.

However, to chime in on the fun. You can't say that JPW is a good quarterback based on his statistics at Alabama. Bama has NEVER had a quarterback that was really a gunslinger. On the other hand, using the "12 games vs 11 games" theory doesn't work. One more game accounts for what, 250 yards? Doesn't make THAT much of a difference with the quality of a quarterback. John Parker Wilson played well last season and he's playing decently this season. He's nothing to brag about, and he's not exactly the worst pick of the SEC.

I just find it humorous that Bama fans were once trying to tell the world that JPW was the next superstar quarterback of the SEC.

thread_direction.gif

Wow, this started with Bama fans being down on JPW. Now we have a full fledged war between Auburn fans against JPW and Bama fans for JPW.

I really don't understand some of you. That's like 5 pages worth of bullheaded nonsense. No one is going to admit they're wrong.

However, to chime in on the fun. You can't say that JPW is a good quarterback based on his statistics at Alabama. Bama has NEVER had a quarterback that was really a gunslinger. On the other hand, using the "12 games vs 11 games" theory doesn't work. One more game accounts for what, 250 yards? Doesn't make THAT much of a difference with the quality of a quarterback. John Parker Wilson played well last season and he's playing decently this season. He's nothing to brag about, and he's not exactly the worst pick of the SEC.

I just find it humorous that Bama fans were once trying to tell the world that JPW was the next superstar quarterback of the SEC.

Well, there won't be anymore Alabama fans posting in this thread after that Florida State game, so don't worry.

thread_direction.gif

Well, there won't be anymore Alabama fans posting in this thread after that Florida State game, so don't worry.

One game dude, one game.

Who is Bama's backup? If JPW can't improve his accuracy, he needs to be benched, imo

Greg McElroy. Greg hasn't played a significant down in his career. He's a redshirt frosh who played some mop up against WCU.

Archived