Given up on Rebecca Jessica Parker?

townhallsavoy

Or breaking every single season passing record we had...in his FIRST year of play as a starter.

He broke those because he is the first to be in a passing offense. You gonna tell me Willie Joe and snort...I mean Snake were in passing offenses? Baring injury he will probably break a lot of all time records as well. No different at AU. We have both primarily always been running schools.

Again, ignore records, and look at it from a pure statistical standpoint.

The argument was posed that the only reason JPW is the starter is because he went to Hoover.

I think for your first season as a starter 2707 yds 57% completion and 17 TDs MORE than justifies his starting position. Especially since Saban doesn't give two (@)!s where he played high school ball.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or breaking every single season passing record we had...in his FIRST year of play as a starter.

He broke those because he is the first to be in a passing offense. You gonna tell me Willie Joe and snort...I mean Snake were in passing offenses? Baring injury he will probably break a lot of all time records as well. No different at AU. We have both primarily always been running schools.

The argument was posed that the only reason JPW is the starter is because he went to Hoover.

I think for your first season as a starter 2707 yds 57% completion and 17 TDs MORE than justifies his starting position. Especially since Saban doesn't give two (@)!s where he played high school ball.

You are the one who brought up records. I am the one who told you why he has those records. and I have no idea what your post has to do with mine?

Let me get this straight...So, NOW, '06 was a good year for the west vancesters?

Well considering that ya'll's running back last year (ole whosis) didn't score but one rushing touchdown you would expect the QB to throw a lot. 57% completion isn't that spectacular now days. Most successful NFL QB's are expected to get at least 60% against much faster defenses.

Yes, that is very good for a 10-game season. JPW had 12 games in which to break the records which were set by players on a team in which their season was 10 or 11 games.

Saban does not care where he went to high school....yet. But a few more we hours calls to him and his staff will straighten him out on that.

So CircleDrill...explain to all of us how you KNOW there's a more qualified QB in town.

Because at this point you really aren't making much sense.

I am making plenty of sense. You are saying that JPW is an awesome QB because he broke team records. I'm saying, the records he broke were set by people that played fewer games in a season than he does. Pass for 2707 yards in a 10-game season is way harder to do than a 12-game season. Throw 17 touchdowns in a 10-game season is way harder to do than in when you have 2 extra games.

Most of the records of which you speak of him breaking due to his awesomeness were set by players that played 10 or 11 games to accumulate their yardage or number of touchdowns. If JPW broke an 11-game record in 12-games...that, to me is not that impressive.

You are also saying that him being the QB at Alabama is PROOF that he is awesome. I am saying he is the QB at Alabama because of the Hoover pipeline, not because Alabama went out nationwide and got the absolute best QB that was available when JPW was being recruited. There is no doubt he's the best one they have "on campus" at this point, but there are certainly better QB's out there that did not go to Hoover.

You guys ALWAYS do this to your quarterbacks, and everybody else in the country is laughing their tails off at you, but you don't even realize it. Everytime you get a new QB, you talk about how he is the most awesome thing and a sure thing to lead you to a MNC. Then a couple of seasons of mediocrity go by and you guys all say that you never were that big on so-and-so, but you can't wait until the new QB gets in there next year, because he is gonna be the most awesome thing....rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

You are also saying that him being the QB at Alabama is PROOF that he is awesome.

That's a lie.

I said JPW was a good QB. That's all I said. And there really isn't any logical argument to the counter. I also said this summer that JPW was better than BC and you all called me an idiot.

You are also saying that him being the QB at Alabama is PROOF that he is awesome.

That's a lie.

I said JPW was a good QB. That's all I said. And there really isn't any logical argument to the counter. I also said this summer that JPW was better than BC and you all called me an idiot.

No, I think that was ME that called you an idiot. That was this summer. Now I think the word "clown" is more descriptive....

Sarah Jessica just now got above .500 for his Bama career. Bama has excellent receivers....why does Sarah Jessica only have 4 TD's? Cox has weak receivers and had three of the worst games of his career and still has nearly identical stats to JPW. Anyone say JPW for "Heisman"? :poke:

No, I think that was ME that called you an idiot. That was this summer. Now I think the word "clown" is more descriptive....

Sarah Jessica just now got above .500 for his Bama career. Bama has excellent receivers....why does Sarah Jessica only have 4 TD's? Cox has weak receivers and had three of the worst games of his career and still has nearly identical stats to JPW. Anyone say JPW for "Heisman"

First, it's been indicated time and time again wins is not the only baromoter for how good a QB is.

JPW has only 4 TDs because we have 11 rushing TDs. Including 2 rushing TDs from JPW.

And what statistics were you talking about? Would it be the 6 INTs vs 3 TDs of Cox? Or would it be the lower completion percentage? Oh, I know the lower number of yards?

I'm not here to drag BC through the mud. But you are the one who said "nearly identical stats".

I guess JPW will NEVER be considered a good QB by you guys though...I mean he's got good WRs. And he's got a good running game. So bringing your team back with 2 mins left in BACK TO BACK games means nothing. Because, yeah, his receivers are good.

This summer you people got mad when I said we had good WRs.

You all lack consistency.

I don't think JPW is better than BC. Brandon is a good QB. JPW is mediocre. I guess you are awarding Hoover pipeline bonus points?

Now, I WILL give you this much... I think JPW has been coached up a LOT this year from previous years.

I don't think JPW is better than BC. Brandon is a good QB. JPW is mediocre. I guess you are awarding Hoover pipeline bonus points?

You keep grasping at those straws there buddy. Remind me, how many yards did BC have against MSU? Was it 42, or 43?

You keep grasping at those straws there buddy. Remind me, how many yards did BC have against MSU? Was it 42, or 43?

BC is a MUCH better QB than Sarah J. The stats to which I was referring, Krustie, were the 2/0 and 2/2 stats. You know, the number of sacks taken vs. the number of catastrophic fumbles handed over. BC held on....SJPW coughed it up.

BC is a MUCH better QB than Sarah J. The stats to which I was referring, Krustie, were the 2/0 and 2/2 stats. You know, the number of sacks taken vs. the number of catastrophic fumbles handed over. BC held on....SJPW coughed it up.

Yeah, because fumbles are way worse than interceptions returned for touchdowns.

Now, I WILL give you this much... I think JPW has been coached up a LOT this year from previous years.

wow, then i will take mediocrity any day. because apparently "good" gets you a 2-2 record. i won't say either is better than the other right now because both are struggling to an extent. but seeing as how very poor QB performance has been blamed for AU's two losses, personally i wouldn't be going around talking about how everyone's QB is mediocre compared to BC.....you know, BC....the guy half of you were wanting benched the past two weeks in favor of a true freshman that barely knows the playbook.

So CircleDrill...explain to all of us how you KNOW there's a more qualified QB in town.

Because at this point you really aren't making much sense.

B-money How about Ross??

Got the number yet?

wow, then i will take mediocrity any day. because apparently "good" gets you a 2-2 record. i won't say either is better than the other right now because both are struggling to an extent. but seeing as how very poor QB performance has been blamed for AU's two losses, personally i wouldn't be going around talking about how everyone's QB is mediocre compared to BC.....you know, BC....the guy half of you were wanting benched the past two weeks in favor of a true freshman that barely knows the playbook.

The only reason he thinks BC is better than JPW is because BC plays for Auburn.

It's sad really...to be that blinded.

Saban does not care where he went to high school....yet. But a few more we hours calls to him and his staff will straighten him out on that.

I don't think Saban's staff has ever "straightened him out" on anything. Nick gives orders and advice, doesn't take it from anyone from God...or perhaps Satan. :rolleyes:

Wait, I thought Brandon Cox was the best thing in the world.

He's 2-0 against you guys. Just sayin'.

If you have ever played or been around football, you will know this.

Wilson has a weak arm. He runs scared. He rarely 'audibles' to a 'better' play at the line. He makes no reads, he throws it up in the air and D.J. Hall or somebody has to go up to catch it.

Cox has a weak arm. He has no speed to run and takes sacks. He usually 'audibles' to a 'better' play after reading the defense.

Burns has a strong arm. He has good speed.

No. The only reason BC entered the conversation AT ALL was that BG could not counter me calling out the Hoover pipeline, so he needed to spin the argument OFF TOPIC in order to continue it. So he started comparing the two QB's.

Again, the only reason JPW is the QB at Alabama is because of the Hoover pipeline and GOB network. It's that simple. He is not that great of a QB. The arguments which have been used to challenge this point are:

1) He is the best QB on campus

I am sure that he is indeed the best QB on campus. This in no way classifies him as a "good" QB, just means he's the best one they have. I guess Shula the "master recruiter" go the absolute best QB's in the nation rather than relying on the Hoover pipeline?

2) He has broken every single season passing record on the team

He plays in 2007, when a "single season" is 12 games long. The records were set when seasons were 10 or 11 games long. Not that impressive to me. Somebody comes up to me and says "I played 12 games and beat what you did in 10 games." How is that impressive?

3) There is no logical argument to counter this assumption

There are plenty of arguments to counter. One being that the reason JPW plays QB is his good buddy the Hoover pipeline.

BG is the one that started comparing him to BC because he was losing the argument so he brought out the "well, my QB is better than your QB" argument. I was only talking about JPW and did not bring BC into the conversation.

No. The only reason BC entered the conversation AT ALL was that BG could not counter me calling out the Hoover pipeline, so he needed to spin the argument OFF TOPIC in order to continue it. So he started comparing the two QB's.

Again, the only reason JPW is the QB at Alabama is because of the Hoover pipeline and GOB network. It's that simple. He is not that great of a QB. The arguments which have been used to challenge this point are:

1) He is the best QB on campus

I am sure that he is indeed the best QB on campus. This in no way classifies him as a "good" QB, just means he's the best one they have. I guess Shula the "master recruiter" go the absolute best QB's in the nation rather than relying on the Hoover pipeline?

2) He has broken every single season passing record on the team

He plays in 2007, when a "single season" is 12 games long. The records were set when seasons were 10 or 11 games long. Not that impressive to me. Somebody comes up to me and says "I played 12 games and beat what you did in 10 games." How is that impressive?

3) There is no logical argument to counter this assumption

There are plenty of arguments to counter. One being that the reason JPW plays QB is his good buddy the Hoover pipeline.

BG is the one that started comparing him to BC because he was losing the argument so he brought out the "well, my QB is better than your QB" argument. I was only talking about JPW and did not bring BC into the conversation.

burn. sick burn.

If you have ever played or been around football, you will know this.

Wilson has a weak arm. He runs scared. He rarely 'audibles' to a 'better' play at the line. He makes no reads, he throws it up in the air and D.J. Hall or somebody has to go up to catch it.

Cox has a weak arm. He has no speed to run and takes sacks. He usually 'audibles' to a 'better' play after reading the defense.

Burns has a strong arm. He has good speed.

Wrong. First, he's a good runner. Good example would be his second rushing TD last week. Secondly, he audibled plenty last year...but he's 4 games into a new system. Give it time.

burn. sick burn.

So it's a "sick burn" when his only argument is that JPW came from Hoover? That's pretty weak dude.

Archived