Given up on Rebecca Jessica Parker?

townhallsavoy

I was under the asumption that Alabama had a really good QB. Isn't he loved by Bama fans? Isn't he supposed to be the guy who is going to lead them to glory?

Today I had a conversation with a couple of Bama fans. We were discussing this week's games. When I brought up FSU's defense, I said that Terry Grant and JPW were good enough to score points on the Seminole defense. One guy chimed in and said, "That Terry Grant kid is a Heisman trophy candidate by year's end, but to be honest, we're winning in spite of John Parker Wilson."

I asked him what he meant by that and he said that JPW has "never impressed him and most Bama fans wish McElroy could get a shot." I asked, "Who the heck is McElroy?" They said he's a freshman who has tons more talent than JPW and that once he gets a few games under his belt, he'll easily beat out JPW for the job.

Is this true? I really can't keep up with you Bama fans. First you love Francione, then he was never good enough. First you love Mike Price, then you hate Mike Price, then you love him, then you say he's a sleaze. First you hate Mike Shula, then you love Mike Shula, then Mike Shula is the worst coach in the world. First you love Tyler Watts and hate Andrew Zow, then you hate Tyler Watts and love Andrew Zow, then you love Tyler Watts and hate Andrew Zow. First you love JPW, then you hate him.

You'd think your web would run out of silk eventually.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I asked him what he meant by that and he said that JPW has "never impressed him and most Bama fans wish McElroy could get a shot." I asked, "Who the heck is McElroy?" They said he's a freshman who has tons more talent than JPW and that once he gets a few games under his belt, he'll easily beat out JPW for the job.

Whomever said that is mentally challenged.

Nobody said UA fans were patient.

Well geez, didn't he bring you back and throw the winning TD just the week before? And throw a TD to get you to overtime vs Georgia? I mean, there's impatient and then there's ridiculous.

Well geez, didn't he bring you back and throw the winning TD just the week before? And throw a TD to get you to overtime vs Georgia? I mean, there's impatient and then there's ridiculous.

Set the dial to ludicrous speed impatience.

I wanted to add this part as well:

I told my roommate that story and he told me that he was listening to Fineslopsucker and many callers were saying the same thing. He said that Shane (who's Shane?) has also claimed that JPW is a bad quarterback.

THE GUY MADE AN AMAZING THROW AGAINST ARKANSAS TO WIN THE GAME.

Bammers should all quit.

I wouldn't say that, they have been waiting patiently for about 23 years for the second coming of the Bear. ;)

Look, none of the fans will admit it, but Alabama has been the home of mediocrity at the QB position for at least 10 years. Everytime they get a new QB, they proclaim he is the best thing since sliced bread, and he turns out to be yet another chapter of mediocrity. Same is true with JPW.

He's not a bad QB and not a great one. Just very mediocre by SEC standards. I look forward to seeing him sacked 11 times in November.

I cannot remember the last time they had a truly great QB that was feared by other teams...once you remove all the glory heaped upon him by the fans.

Look, none of the fans will admit it, but Alabama has been the home of mediocrity at the QB position for at least 10 years. Everytime they get a new QB, they proclaim he is the best thing since sliced bread, and he turns out to be yet another chapter of mediocrity. Same is true with JPW.

He's not a bad QB and not a great one. Just very mediocre by SEC standards. I look forward to seeing him sacked 11 times in November.

I cannot remember the last time they had a truly great QB that was feared by other teams...once you remove all the glory heaped upon him by the fans.

I don't think you make NFL rosters by not being anything more than "mediocre" in the SEC.

JPW also has proven better than "mediocre".

I think alot just don't like him... BUT I have heard tremendous things about that McElroy kid and alot think he could start next year. Remember he was supposed to go to Tx. Tech... which if I'm not mistaken has a fairly prolific offense.

He is an Alabama fan :poke:

And being the backup on what may be the worst team in the NFL right now doesn't mean you are more than mediocre.

Wilson will be one of the best in the SEC next year

I think he ends up in the upper part of most passing stats this year but his inconsistency will plague him and his D will not help him in some games

And being the backup on what may be the worst team in the NFL right now doesn't mean you are more than mediocre.

There's a shade over 90 guys in the WORLD who are employed as QBs in the NFL.

Set the dial to ludicrous speed impatience.

Spaceballs_Dark_Helmet.jpg

Ludicrous Speed....

:lol::lol::lol:

:rolleyes: Here we go again.

The 100% of Alabama fans I've spoken to who have expressed similar sentiments are all a figment of my imagination.

You know thousands of Alabama fans that still think he's great, and have never heard anyone disparage him.

Do you ever give that shtick a rest?

JPW is playing QB at Alabama because he is part of the "Hoover pipeline" agreement that gets grades changed for eligibility and all sorts of other good stuff. Period. Spin it any way you want, but we all know the real truth. The Good Ole Boy system at Bama tops all other schools combined.

Simply wearing a crimson jersey in the eyes of BG and all other Bama fans means he is a automatically one of the top 5% all time talents at that position. :ua: = :om:

JPW is playing QB at Alabama because he is part of the "Hoover pipeline" agreement that gets grades changed for eligibility and all sorts of other good stuff. Period. Spin it any way you want, but we all know the real truth. The Good Ole Boy system at Bama tops all other schools combined.

It has nothing to do with him being the best QB on campus. Or breaking every single season passing record we had...in his FIRST year of play as a starter.

WEAAAAAK sauce dude. Weak.

:rolleyes: Here we go again.

The 100% of Alabama fans I've spoken to who have expressed similar sentiments are all a figment of my imagination.

You know thousands of Alabama fans that still think he's great, and have never heard anyone disparage him.

Do you ever give that shtick a rest?

He acknowledged that Bama fans are saying stuff like that when he said "nobody said UA fans are patient." He just thinks they're retarded for being that critical of JPW.

I'd say in this case, "typical" and "retarded" might be synonymous.

Isn't there already a thread titled "uat being uat"?

It has nothing to do with him being the best QB on campus. Or breaking every single season passing record we had...in his FIRST year of play as a starter.

He's the best QB on campus because he came up the Hoover pipeline. He broke passing records that were set when seasons were 10 games.

He's the best QB on campus because he came up the Hoover pipeline. He broke passing records that were set when seasons were 10 games.

ALABAMA passing records.

Not to mention breaking a passing record at Alabama isn't exactly the same thing as breaking one at BYU.

Don't act like my point isn't valid. 2707 yds, 57% completion percentage and 17 TDs in Shula's crappy offense is quite an accomplishment. Certainly good enough to not warrant a "JPW is only the QB because of the hoover conspiracy" garbage.

JPW is the best QB on campus. End of story.

Or breaking every single season passing record we had...in his FIRST year of play as a starter.

He broke those because he is the first to be in a passing offense. You gonna tell me Willie Joe and snort...I mean Snake were in passing offenses? Baring injury he will probably break a lot of all time records as well. No different at AU. We have both primarily always been running schools.

Archived