Given up on Rebecca Jessica Parker?

townhallsavoy

Oh..and BG, For the record "Saturday"...

AL CARRIES: 27

JPW ATTEMPTS - 53 (28 comp.) 52%

Total Plays: 80

Time of Possession: 28:58

AUB CARRIES: 44

Cox ATTEMPTS - 26 (17 comp.) 65%

Total Plays: 70

Time of Possession: 32:57

There's two sides to everything killer. Congrats on the loss and a whole 2 more recievers catching passes.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This shows how little you've watched him this year. JPW spreads the ball around. He threw to 8 different receivers saturday compared to BC's 6.

Of BC's 6, 3 of them had only 1 reception. All of JPW's receivers had at least 2. 6 had 3 or more.

You have GOT to be KIDDING.

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT

John Parker Wilson 100 186 1091 53.8 5.87 6 3 110.5

NAME REC YDS YPR LONG TD

DJ Hall 23 420 18.3 44 3

Matt Caddell 15 137 9.1 25 1

Mike McCoy 19 127 6.7 14 0

Keith Brown 8 125 15.6 43 1

Terry Grant 11 86 7.8 27 0

23% of JPWs passes have been caught by DJ Hall, 19% McCoy, 15% by Caddell, 11% Grant, 8% Brown.

(24% Others).

jpwreceivers.jpg

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT

Brandon Cox 67 120 798 55.8 6.65 3 6 109.9

NAME REC YDS YPR LONG TD

Rodgeriqus Smith 20 355 17.8 58(TD) 2

Prechae Rodriguez 10 114 11.4 18 0

Carl Stewart 9 107 11.9 30 0

Gabe McKenzie 11 101 9.2 20 2

Montez Billings 4 61 15.3 25 0

30% caught by Smith, 16% by McKenzie, 15% by Rodriguez, 13% by Stewart, 6% by Billings.

bcreceivers.jpg

As you can see, there is virtually no difference in ball distribution between the two QB's.

So JPW doesn't spread the ball around?

DJ Hall didn't lead the team in receptions in one out of 5 games this year?

JPW didn't complete passes to 8 different receivers saturday?

Your statistics proved EXACTLY what I said. JPW spreads the ball around more than BC. JPW relies on Hall quite a bit less than BC does Smith. And we can more afford to lose Hall than you guys can Smith.

Your statistics proved EXACTLY what I said. JPW spreads the ball around more than BC. JPW relies on Hall quite a bit less than BC does Smith. And we can more afford to lose Hall than you guys can Smith.

Yes, he spreads the ball around on his way to a loss.

DJ Hall did lead the team on the way to a loss.

JPW did complete passes to 8 different receivers on his way to a loss.

...the other things you chose to ignore BG...

HE THROWS IT TWICE AS MUCH! WE RUN THE BALL TWICE AS MUCH!

BC had 6 different receivers with half the attempts....and had a 65% pass completion percentage. We threw it only 26 times out of 70 plays...AND WON!

JPW threw to eight at 52% AND LOST! 53 pass attemts out of 80 total plays on offense!

....I hear ya though...You're NOT trying to change our mind...just argue for NO REASON WHATSOEVER....

It's a different offense, so comparing JPW to BC is stupid, but you do it anyway. You want the stats, well, the stats show Brandon out performing JPW here relative to the playing styles.

I was only commenting on your position that JPW only throws to DJ. JPW threw it 53 times and completed it to DJ 7. BC threw it 26 times and completed it to Rod 9.

So because we lost saturday, that means JPW only throws to DJ?

Yeah. That makes a lot of sense.

BC never had his own reality show, and I guess that is the difference?

Hoover2days.jpg

I was only commenting on your position that JPW only throws to DJ. JPW threw it 53 times and completed it to DJ 7. BC threw it 26 times and completed it to Rod 9.

HAHA....that's completely weak.

Who said that? Who said that was the ONLY reason JPW stinks right now? I think the reasons I stated earlier were pretty clear. YOU chose to pick out the statement about spreading the ball around...out of about 5 or 6 different reasons JPW is struggling.

You just can't handle it.

You aren't going to make me think he's good. RWS isn't going to make me think he's good. Running scared isn't a stat either. It's an observation. It's the little things like that. I've also stated that if DJ Hall went out, the passing game would probably be screwed. JPW needs to work that out. He needs to work the ball to different people, but THAT isn't a stat either. He throws off his back foot, that's mechanics...not a stat. He throws into double and triple coverage...not stats, just incomplete passes on paper. He's a mess when he has to improvise on his own...not a stat. Sorry...my opinion is what it is untill I SEEEEE more.

Seems like I had a lot more to say than your tired, weak assed spin, and isolation of "JPW only throws to DJ" comment.

You write well, but as far as your argument... It's like putting a turd on nice china.

Who said that? Who said that was the ONLY reason JPW stinks right now? I think the reasons I stated earlier were pretty clear. YOU chose to pick out the statement about spreading the ball around...out of about 5 or 6 different reasons JPW is struggling.

I didn't say he wasn't playing poorly right now. All this started when I responded to your assertion that JPW only throws to DJ Hall. And from my response to that, you and Circle tried to go off on a tangent about other things.

Running scared isn't a stat either.

Yeah, JPW runs scared. That's why on his 25 yard run saturday...instead of going out of bounds, he cut back inside and got 12 more yards.

Sure, he spreads the ball around. He just doesn't get it to a receiver enough to be a good quarterback.

I didn't say he wasn't playing poorly right now. All this started when I responded to your assertion that JPW only throws to DJ Hall. And from my response to that, you and Circle tried to go off on a tangent about other things.

Running scared isn't a stat either.

Yeah, JPW runs scared. That's why on his 25 yard run saturday...instead of going out of bounds, he cut back inside and got 12 more yards.

No no no BG.. :hanged:

I said that was a problem JPW had. It wasn't the ONLY reason for his loss, no matter how much you try to make it LOOK like that's what was said. I stayed right on par with the stats from the game AFTER you compared JPW to BC "SATURDAY" night..... No tangent...just direct responses.

Your spin is weak my friend.

As far as JPW running scared....He does most of the time. He made that cut back to the inside on that run up the sideline, because if he hadn't he had 250 lbs of pissed FSU LB ready tear his head off.

Sorry, my opinion is NOT changed there.

What else ya got chief?

why even argue with this guy?

we absolutely OWN the turds.

give this argument about two months and we will need two hands to count our streak and bg and the rest of turd nation will be calling for wilson AND saban's heads.

And from my response to that, you and Circle tried to go off on a tangent about other things.

Well, after 12 pages of this crap, it's hard to remember what we are supposed to be talking about. :poke:

The first thing I said in this thread was:

Look, none of the fans will admit it, but Alabama has been the home of mediocrity at the QB position for at least 10 years. Everytime they get a new QB, they proclaim he is the best thing since sliced bread, and he turns out to be yet another chapter of mediocrity. Same is true with JPW.

He's not a bad QB and not a great one. Just very mediocre by SEC standards. I look forward to seeing him sacked 11 times in November.

I cannot remember the last time they had a truly great QB that was feared by other teams...once you remove all the glory heaped upon him by the fans.

And every word of that is true. When all the fan hype of Alabama QBs is removed, there just has not been much there in quite a while. This year is no different.

Archived