Given up on Rebecca Jessica Parker?

townhallsavoy

My point earlier about Wilson breaking passing records at Alabama is that it just isn't that hard to do at Alabama. Their passing records are so low anyone in this day and age should be able to do it. Any 3-4 year starter at Alabama will likely eclipse these records. Just compare it to Auburn records. Auburn is not known for flinging the ball all over the field and is seen in many quarters as Runningback U.

CAREER PASSING YDS

Stan White, Auburn - 8016 yds.

Brodie Croyle, AL - 6382 yds.

SEASON PASSING YDS

Dameyune Craig, AU - 3277 yds.

J.P. Wilson, AL - 2707 yds.

PASSING YDS IN A GAME

Scott Hunter, AL - 484 yds.

Ben Leard, AU - 416 yds.

TDs THROWN, SEASON

Jason Campbell, AU - 20 TDs

J.P. Wilson, AL - 17 TDs

TDs THROWN, CAREER

Pat Sullivan, AU - 53 TDs

Brodie Croyle, AL - 41 TDs

That's just against another predominantly running school. When compared to the SEC records, it's even more stark:

Tim Couch, Kentucky - 4275 passing yds in a season

Eric Zeier, Georgia - 544 yds passing in a game

Danny Wuerffel, Florida - 11,528 career passing yds.

Danny Wuerffel, Florida - 39 TDs thrown in a season

Danny Wuerffel, Florida - 114 TDs thrown for his career

In career passing yds, Auburn has two in the top 20 of the SEC all-time: Stan White (15th) and Jason Campbell (20th). No Alabama QB is in the top 20 and there's no telling how far down the list you'd have to go to find their all-time leader (Croyle) since he's 900 yds behind Jason Campbell who threw for 7277 yds in his career.

I'm sure Wilson is the best QB on campus for them. And unlike CD, I don't think he has a weak arm. It's not the second coming of Elway, but it's stronger than Cox's arm. But being the best QB on campus at UAT right now or holding school records at bammer isn't exactly saying that much.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's a "sick burn" when his only argument is that JPW came from Hoover? That's pretty weak dude.

If that was the boundary of the argument and you had no rebuttal, then yes. If your only attempt to counter the argument was to set up a straw man, then yes.

So it's a "sick burn" when his only argument is that JPW came from Hoover? That's pretty weak dude.

Again, you said that JPW is a good QB and that the proof is: 1) he plays at Alabama and 2) he broke all the single season passing records at Alabama.

You are using circular logic: JPW is a good QB because he plays at Alabama, and because he plays at Alabama, JPW is a good QB. You see that as being related to his breaking records.

I am simply saying the reason he plays at Alabama is because of the Hoover pipeline, and he broke records because he has 12-game seasons now where the records were set by 10 or 11-game season players.

When it comes to the "Hoover pipeline" argument, your defense is that just because he went to Hoover does not mean he is not a good QB, and that is true. However, there are a number of other QBs who are much better than JPW who did not go to Hoover, yet who has the starting spot at Alabama?

I never said he was good BECAUSE he plays at Alabama. Stop projecting.

I said he's a good QB because of:

2707 Yards

17 TDs

57% completion percentage

In his first year as a starter. Him being a good QB is also evidenced by him running the 2 min offense to perfection 3 times out of 3 chances. Though one was 2nd quarter and not end of game.

I think 327 yards, 4 TDs against Arkansas is pretty good. Even if their secondary is poor.

And you keep responding with this Hoover crap.

This ENTIRE discussion came up because YOU suggested that the only reason JPW is the starter is because he played at Hoover. Thus suggesting that there was a better QB ON CAMPUS than JPW. And that he isn't the starter based on merit. Now you feel like you have to perpetuate that retarded idea, so you are pulling up this crap about how all Alabama fans think their QB is going to win the heisman, Alabama's passing records are weak...blah blah blah.

The fact remains, your argument was STUPID. And now you are trying to spin it in another direction.

I never said he was good BECAUSE he plays at Alabama. Stop projecting.

I said he's a good QB because of:

2707 Yards

17 TDs

57% completion percentage

In his first year as a starter. Him being a good QB is also evidenced by him running the 2 min offense to perfection 3 times out of 3 chances. Though one was 2nd quarter and not end of game.

I think 327 yards, 4 TDs against Arkansas is pretty good. Even if their secondary is poor.

And you keep responding with this Hoover crap.

This ENTIRE discussion came up because YOU suggested that the only reason JPW is the starter is because he played at Hoover. Thus suggesting that there was a better QB ON CAMPUS than JPW. And that he isn't the starter based on merit. Now you feel like you have to perpetuate that retarded idea, so you are pulling up this crap about how all Alabama fans think their QB is going to win the heisman, Alabama's passing records are weak...blah blah blah.

The fact remains, your argument was STUPID. And now you are trying to spin it in another direction.

Oh well, I guess it's just a plot by the man to bring down your people BG....

Till then..

MONKEY STAMP!!!!

bgmonkeypb4.jpg

Reason: Trying to change our minds. JPW sucks. Period. If DJ Hall isn't at Bammer, you guys are screwwwwwwwed. I'm an Auburn fan, and I approve this message.

BTW Circle, JPW was a Parade All American out of High School. But I'm sure that means NOTHING compared to the fact that he's part of some Hoover conspiracy.

Didn't you guys sign a dude from hoover this year?

BTW Circle, JPW was a Parade All American out of High School. But I'm sure that means NOTHING compared to the fact that he's part of some Hoover conspiracy.

Chris Butler, Running Back 5'11 212, Hoover, scored touchdown against UF in 2001.

Wilson runs scared.

Chris Butler, Running Back 5'11 212, Hoover, scored touchdown against UF in 2001.

Wilson runs scared.

I meant THIS year...like Ryan Pugh.

And you couldn't be more wrong about his running.

I think JPW is terrible. Why don't you break down to us AGAIN why you think we should think differently about the Bama QB?

Really, you're very interesting. You've almost got us thinking like bammers. Really.... I'm serious.

I think JPW is terrible. Why don't you break down to us AGAIN why you think we should think differently about the Bama QB?

Really, you're very interesting. You've almost got us thinking like bammers. Really.... I'm serious.

YOU think he's terrible because he plays for UA. If he played for FSU you'd be talking about how he's gonna light us up this weekend.

Wilson runs scared.

i'll take runs scared over getting sacked all the time and coughing up the ball on a QB sneak anyday.

Nope. FSU is terrible. And they might just light you up this weekend.

Break THAT down.

yeah, just like WCU was going to. then how Vandy was going to. then how Arky was going to. then how UGA was going to. you get the point...well, actually, i doubt that.

Wilson runs scared.

I meant THIS year...like Ryan Pugh.

And you couldn't be more wrong about his running.

Are you familiar with the term, "running scared"?

He runs scared. Go watch some film. He slides when DB/LBs are two yards away, he constantly is running out of the pocket to dump the ball out of bounds. When he does scramble for a gain, his head is constantly on a swivel looking for somebody that is about to hit him, instead of looking to make a cut or break a tackle.

I have 'saw' enough football to know when a kid doesn't like contact.

Wilson has already peaked, against Arkansas. That said, Cox probably peaked against UGA in 2005.

Break THAT down.

yeah, just like WCU was going to. then how Vandy was going to. then how Arky was going to. then how UGA was going to. you get the point...well, actually, i doubt that.

From a talent aspect, I expect what I've said. What you guys don't get, and are just going to spin and ignore anyway, is that you've faded against the decent teams you've played. You're going to get schooled one of these games. DJ Hall isn't going to sneak up on anyone, JPW is NOT that scary of a QB. Now that there's tape on you guys out there, and the fact that you've already shown the tendancy to fade BIG TIME down the stretch defensively, I expect a team with talent (yes, even mediocre) to possibly hand it to you guys.

But go ahead, tell me, and Auburn fan, why I should see it Bammer's way. Please.

It's pointless.

:rolleyes:

Break THAT down.

From a talent aspect, I expect what I've said. What you guys don't get, and are just going to spin and ignore anyway, is that you've faded against the decent teams you've played. You're going to get schooled one of these games. DJ Hall isn't going to sneak up on anyone, JPW is NOT that scary of a QB. Now that there's tape on you guys out there, and the fact that you've already shown the tendancy to fade BIG TIME down the stretch defensively, I expect a team with talent (yes, even mediocre) to possibly hand it to you guys.

But go ahead, tell me, and Auburn fan, why I should see it Bammer's way. Please.

It's pointless.

i hate to tell you, but AU is in the same boat except defense, insert offense. its not like our offense has been lights out, but i'll take it over the problems you guys currently have. you guys fade against teams that are not even decent. spin it anyway you like, but you guys should have beat the crap out of USF and MSU.....with your second string. you love to sit here and point out our faults and down our QB, yet you guys don't even know week to week who your starting QB is going to be....the 5th year senior, or the true freshman who knows about 10 plays of the playbook. your WR's surely aren't going to sneak up on anyone, except maybe Dunn. BC is not that scary of a QB. i've known for a while now it is pointless to discuss anything with you, because you cannot pull your head out of your rear end long enough to listen. you ignore the facts or points given, put in a bunch of emoticons, and you talk alot but you don't really say anything. i'm just saying....all the points you have given as to why someone is going to "hand it to us" are certainly valid against you guys also. so i wouldn't be talking too much smack.

Break THAT down.

It's pointless.

i hate to tell you, but AU is in the same boat except defense, insert offense. its not like our offense has been lights out, but i'll take it over the problems you guys currently have. you guys fade against teams that are not even decent. spin it anyway you like, but you guys should have beat the crap out of USF and MSU.....with your second string. you love to sit here and point out our faults and down our QB, yet you guys don't even know week to week who your starting QB is going to be....the 5th year senior, or the true freshman who knows about 10 plays of the playbook. your WR's surely aren't going to sneak up on anyone, except maybe Dunn. BC is not that scary of a QB. i've known for a while now it is pointless to discuss anything with you, because you cannot pull your head out of your rear end long enough to listen. you ignore the facts or points given, put in a bunch of emoticons, and you talk alot but you don't really say anything. i'm just saying....all the points you have given as to why someone is going to "hand it to us" are certainly valid against you guys also. so i wouldn't be talking too much smack.

Wow. Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Just remember, never forget....FIVE.

Oh, and, have a nice day!

so i wouldn't be talking too much smack.

I am at a loss for words, a bunch of bammers who constantly lurk on this board, get sand in their **** when some Auburn fan gives an opinion on an Auburn board about an UAT player; then they have the gall to call those Auburn people out and tell them not to talk to smack.

There is only one way to deal with you type of people.

In the words of my 12 year old cousin, "Take your da** ball and go home, you bunch of crying babies."

Break THAT down.

It's pointless.

ohsnap.gif

of course! 5! wow, how could i have not thought of that. obvious proof of why JPW is a horrible, horrible QB.

I am at a loss for words, a bunch of bammers who constantly lurk on this board, get sand in their **** when some Auburn fan gives an opinion on an Auburn board about an UAT player; then they have the gall to call those Auburn people out and tell them not to talk to smack.

In the words of my 12 year old cousin, "Take your da** ball and go home, you bunch of crying babies."

i'm simply pointing out the irony of you guys saying our QB is horrible when you guys don't even know who your starting QB is from week to week. i mean, if a horrible QB still gets us to only one loss against UGA (a team that thumped you guys last year) in OT, i'm ok with that. i'm not saying JPW is a world beater. he has his problems. but for being a 2nd year starter in the 1st year of a new offense, i'm willing to accept those problems he is having. are teams going to beat us this year? absolutely. i just think its amusing that you guys would talk down to us like your QB and your offense is superior to everyone this season. yes, i am aware this is an AU board and there will be sunshine pumping. but when you direct that sunshine towards a Bama fan, don't be so surprised when they call you on it if it is unwarranted. if you guys have a problem with Bama fans posting here, then you should put in the rules that we will not be allowed unless we kneel down and honk the AU bobo and agree with everything you guys say. we come here because we enjoy a little rival discussion/arguing, and cannot stand Rivals boards. BOTH sides on Rivals boards are just absolutely horrible.

Break THAT down.

It's pointless.

ohsnap.gif

of course! 5! wow, how could i have not thought of that. obvious proof of why JPW is a horrible, horrible QB.

Who was talking about AU when I made my point??????? Who was talking smack?? My opinion was as stated. It's not smack. Your Crimson glasses just don't accept a possible REJECTION to your thoughts and opinions.

So NOW, you compare your team to us, to explain issues with YOUR team? How does that work? Changes, or the status of Auburn doesn't mean squat to the improvement of your squad war hero. However, that's always what you and BG try to do. Your little rant about how Auburn's in the same boat, is misplaced, pointless and great example of Bama rhetoric.

So, I stand by the point I made, while comparing the only number that matters between our two football teams over the recent years.. 5 wins ZERO losses against your team.

i'm simply pointing out the irony of you guys saying our QB is horrible when you guys don't even know who your starting QB is from week to week. i mean, if a horrible QB still gets us to only one loss against UGA (a team that thumped you guys last year) in OT, i'm ok with that. i'm not saying JPW is a world beater. he has his problems. but for being a 2nd year starter in the 1st year of a new offense, i'm willing to accept those problems he is having. are teams going to beat us this year? absolutely. i just think its amusing that you guys would talk down to us like your QB and your offense is superior to everyone this season. yes, i am aware this is an AU board and there will be sunshine pumping. but when you direct that sunshine towards a Bama fan, don't be so surprised when they call you on it if it is unwarranted. if you guys have a problem with Bama fans posting here, then you should put in the rules that we will not be allowed unless we kneel down and honk the AU bobo and agree with everything you guys say. we come here because we enjoy a little rival discussion/arguing, and cannot stand Rivals boards. BOTH sides on Rivals boards are just absolutely horrible.

Jason Campbell had three different O.C.'s. In case you forgot, he was a first round pick. He is the recent standard for quarterback play in this state. The 'new system' point is a kol-aide argument, you picked up from Eli Gold or Stabler. It's weak.

This whole thread evolved from the FACT, that four games into the month of September, the bammer media has proclaimed Wilson to be something that he isn't because he has broken some records. On the complete opposite hand the media has ridden Cox into the ground before the 1st day of October, despite the fact he currently has more wins then any other starting QB in SEC.

And the rules of the board......this board has already gone to sh**. The bammers showing up in droves now after a BIG WIN over ARKANSAS and Auburn's lose to Miss St. has just hasten it's demise.

So, I stand by the point I made, while comparing the only number that matters between our two football teams over the recent years.. 5 wins ZERO losses against your team.

so, your position is the only number that supports JPW is a bad QB is that you guys have beaten us 5 years in a row. and you say my rant is misplaced. :blink:

go ahead and stand by your point, that is fine. from what i see, your point is someone is going to hand it to us for the following reasons:

- we fade against decent teams, especially on defense

- DJ Hall is "not going to sneak up on anyone"

- JPW is not a scary QB

that's fine, because frankly if we won every game this season and finished with one loss you would still say the same thing. we fade on defense because we have 0 depth and we are undersized. period. we just do not have the size right now to play a 3-4. that will take a year or so to fix. their performance has, however, exceeded most fans expectations so far. DJ Hall would be blowing it up right now if JPW wasn't having problems. how many times has JPW overthrown a wide open DJ Hall in stride? plenty. and i bet i've watched more of our games than you have this season. call JPW horrible all you want. i'll take him over BC. and as i said before, for you guys to put down our QB with the situation you are in is laughable. our QB is struggling in his 2nd year starting and the 1st year of a new offense and new coaches. if you are saying JPW is not a "scary" QB, then you need to go ahead and admit BC certainly isn't either. there may be concerns about JPW from our fanbase, but even as bad as you guys want to see it happen, i don't think we will eat him alive such as AU folks have BC for losing 2 games.

Jason Campbell had three different O.C.'s. In case you forgot, he was a first round pick. He is the recent standard for quarterback play in this state. The 'new system' point is a kol-aide argument, you picked up from Eli Gold or Stabler. It's weak.

This whole thread evolved from the FACT, that four games into the month of September, the bammer media has proclaimed Wilson to be something that he isn't because he has broken some records. On the complete opposite hand the media has ridden Cox into the ground before the 1st day of October, despite the fact he currently has more wins then any other starting QB in SEC.

And the rules of the board......this board has already gone to sh**. The bammers showing up in droves now after a BIG WIN over ARKANSAS and Auburn's lose to Miss St. has just hasten it's demise.

i didn't say that JPW was a better QB than Jason Campbell.....so you're really not making much sense. JC was pretty much always above the curve, imo. do i think JPW is better than JC? no. you probably should have asked me my opinion on that before you decided to put the words in my mouth.

after all the crap we had to take for losing to MSU at home last season, did you really think there wasn't going to be a little salt poured in the wound when it happened to you guys this season? if you dish it out, you have to be able to take it. now, there is a boundary to it. i have even told some of them to stfu myself in threads, because it gets stupid when talk of us winning a NC this season gets brought up.

so, your position is the only number that supports JPW is a bad QB is that you guys have beaten us 5 years in a row. and you say my rant is misplaced. :blink:

go ahead and stand by your point, that is fine. from what i see, your point is someone is going to hand it to us for the following reasons:

- we fade against decent teams, especially on defense

- DJ Hall is "not going to sneak up on anyone"

- JPW is not a scary QB

that's fine, because frankly if we won every game this season and finished with one loss you would still say the same thing. we fade on defense because we have 0 depth and we are undersized. period. we just do not have the size right now to play a 3-4. that will take a year or so to fix. their performance has, however, exceeded most fans expectations so far. DJ Hall would be blowing it up right now if JPW wasn't having problems. how many times has JPW overthrown a wide open DJ Hall in stride? plenty. and i bet i've watched more of our games than you have this season. call JPW horrible all you want. i'll take him over BC. and as i said before, for you guys to put down our QB with the situation you are in is laughable. our QB is struggling in his 2nd year starting and the 1st year of a new offense and new coaches. if you are saying JPW is not a "scary" QB, then you need to go ahead and admit BC certainly isn't either. there may be concerns about JPW from our fanbase, but even as bad as you guys want to see it happen, i don't think we will eat him alive such as AU folks have BC for losing 2 games.

Buddy, ... The 5 wins in a row has nothing to do with the argument about JPW? Tell me you didn't reallllly think so... The LAST supposedly GREAT QB at Bama was responsible for 4 of those 5. Holy crap...

You did put my three main points down fine... That's good...

You even talked about how your QB is struggling in his second year, which only supports what I was saying... A struggling QB isn't a POSITIVE...it's a NEGATIVE! Can't you see that??? ... So.. with ALL that said, YES, I believe that you COULD get beaten this weekend....possibly handidly.....

Then you went on and compared your team with Auburn..... AGAIN, to make your point about YOUR problems.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: . Unreal....but you don't see the point.

Now you're just trying to stir the pot. There is no further point you can make.

Archived