When will Miles make his REAL announcement?

CircleDrill

I talked to a friend of mine who lives in Norman (he was at the OU/Mizzu game) and he said that Miles did the same thing at OSU. Called a press conference the week of the bowl game to announce he was staying in Stillwater. A week after the bowl he was house shopping in Baton Rouge.

The difference this time is that LSU to Michigan is a downgrade.

I talked to a friend of mine who lives in Norman (he was at the OU/Mizzu game) and he said that Miles did the same thing at OSU. Called a press conference the week of the bowl game to announce he was staying in Stillwater. A week after the bowl he was house shopping in Baton Rouge.

Totally disagree. LSU may be riding a high right now, but the LSU job isn't even on the radar with the Michigan job. IMO. Michigan is one of the top 3 jobs in the country.

Totally disagree. LSU may be riding a high right now, but the LSU job isn't even on the radar with the Michigan job. IMO. Michigan is one of the top 3 jobs in the country.

This is a little ironic coming from somebody who didn't know who Mike Hart was after half of the season this year.

I believe this one's over.

Not because of "I love my Tigers" or any other cheesy bull****, but because it's a known fact that Michigan isn't willing to pay a large amount for a coach.

I'm willing to bet that a dollar figure, as meager as it may have been, was thrown at Les(s) in the past couple of days. Given the fact that it was nowhere close to what he receives at LSU, he turned them down.

Watch and see.

This is a little ironic coming from somebody who didn't know who Mike Hart was after half of the season this year.

Irrelevant post of the day....

so because i didn't know (nor care) who a player was means I can't form an opinion on what I think of that program? OOOOOO KKKK!!!!!

Irrelevant post of the day....

so because i didn't know (nor care) who a player was means I can't form an opinion on what I think of that program? OOOOOO KKKK!!!!!

I don't think it is irrelevant at all.

The fact that you hadn't heard of the premier player on what you consider one of top 3 premier programs in the country makes me wonder why you think it is a top 3 job.

Why can't people post a decent reply without being a smart aleck? What happened to treating fellow AU family members with respect, even if you disagree with them? I guess insulting an AU family member is the "in thing" to do now.

Anyway, here is the latest comments from Miles about the Michigan job. Basically he has now said he is not going to Michigan and plans on not even talking to them. So either he is staying at LSU for sure, or he is pulling a Slick Nick.

Link

...Miles was adamant afterward that his future will be at LSU, and he said he has no plans to talk with Michigan officials about the Wolverines' vacancy.

"I love Michigan. I will always be a Michigan man. I will always root for the next head coach there," Miles said. "I will wear those colors when it comes down to the [Ohio State]-Michigan game. I'm going to root and pull for the Blue, and they will eventually win that game.

" … I'd love to help them. But I'm not going there. It saddens me at times. I can't be at two places. I've got a great place. I'm at home."

LSU chancellor Sean O'Keefe cracked that Miles has his own "Big House" at LSU and said he has been confident for weeks that the coach wasn't going anywhere. Athletic director Skip Bertman said an agreement in principle for Miles to stay was reached Friday.

"We still need to do some tweaking, and we don't have a piece of paper," Bertman said. "But he's going to be at LSU."

Miles' contract calls for him to be one of the top three highest-paid coaches in the SEC if he wins the SEC title, and Bertman confirmed Saturday that Miles' new deal would approach the $3 million mark annually.

"People can talk about distractions all they want," LSU safety Craig Steltz said. "But no matter what, we knew he was running out that tunnel with us today. He was 100 percent behind us, and we were 100 percent behind him.

"The only thing on any of our minds was that SEC championship."

Why can't people post a decent reply without being a smart aleck? What happened to treating fellow AU family members with respect, even if you disagree with them? I guess insulting an AU family member is the "in thing" to do now.

Unfortunately Ranger, it is the new thing is to insult and badger your AUNation Fmaily member.

Unfortunately Ranger, it is the new thing is to insult and badger your AUNation Fmaily member.

pssst. i'm still in the room.

Archived