Sugar Bowl

BZ770

Who all does Georgia lose from this team? They're going to get some serious hype next season.

I think they said before the game they only had 5 graduating seniors... :o

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beatdown done came!!!

Is it me or is this game taking forever, I have to work tomorrow.

Who all does Georgia lose from this team? They're going to get some serious hype next season.

calling it now, we play them in the SECCG next year.

A very real possibility - and I sure hope it happens that way!

A very real possibility - and I sure hope it happens that way!

That scares me. I know Hawaii is overrated, but they're getting completely destroyed. They said a few minutes ago that a 15-yard pentalty was Hawaii's 3rd longest offensive play of the night, lol.

Wow - when it rains, it pours! What a wild pick by UGA!

Colt will have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder after this game!

I hope none of the Hawaii fans flew in just for this game....

I'm surprised at how many fans they brought.

Stafford has the best arm in the NCAA.

if he keeps progressing he could turn into a great pro someday.

There is still a quarter and 2 minutes left in this game. This might be 60-3.

I love how the commentators just called out the UGA faithful for their classless "overrated" chant.

(Still bitter from trip to Athens.)

Beatdown done came!!!

UGA is taking them beyond the woodshed....and even though they just scored AGAIN, i don't think its over. personally it wouldn't hurt my feelings if UGA put up 50+. and now here come the "overrated" chants.

and as far as the snide remark about them dancing, if you're playing like UGA is right now i think a little soulja boy might be in order.

I hope none of the Hawaii fans flew in just for this game....

I'm surprised at how many fans they brought.

Yeah I was surprised by how many they brought too.

Now the Dawg fans are rubbing it in the "overrated" chant, lol. Ouch. Their performance tonight though really makes me proud for the SEC. This is probably the most complete performance I've seen out of any team all year. Every single play that defense is out there, they're giving Hawaii more than they know what to do with.

You gotta love it when a team that everybody was saying should be playing for the national championship is down by 5 TOUCHDOWNS in the 3RD QUARTER. To make it even better, when is the last time you heard 20k people chanting "Over-rated" before the 4th quarter even starts?

Hawaii is the joke of college football right now and I love it.

June Jones brought on a lot of what they'll get from the fans. He stuck up for his QB, but at the same time took the approach that nobody likes them, everybody hates them, guess they'll go eat worms approach.

Hawaii had a great season, but I don't think they should complain about where they go "bowling" when they get an opportunity.

Beatdown done came!!!

UGA is taking them beyond the woodshed....and even though they just scored AGAIN, i don't think its over. personally it wouldn't hurt my feelings if UGA put up 50+. and now here come the "overrated" chants.

and as far as the snide remark about them dancing, if you're playing like UGA is right now i think a little soulja boy might be in order.

well,sometime during the process you may get a chance to

Hawaii had a great season, but I don't think they should complain about where they go "bowling" when they get an opportunity.

Mississippi State would have had a "great season" with Hawaii's schedule. In fact, I'll bet that ANY team in the SEC would be 12-0 or 11-1 with that schedule....including Vandy and Ole Miss.

Mississippi State would have had a "great season" with Hawaii's schedule. In fact, I'll bet that ANY team in the SEC would be 12-0 or 11-1 with that schedule....including Vandy and Ole Miss.

or alabama :poke:

Now that was a jerk move. Hawaii down 35 points and they get a first down and Richt throws a challenge flag?

Classless to no end. I am reversing my opinion of the guy. I defended the Excessive celebration in the Florida game but I see what it is.

Richt is a jackass.

Now that was a jerk move. Hawaii down 35 points and they get a first down and Richt throws a challenge flag?

Classless to no end. I am reversing my opinion of the guy. I defended the Excessive celebration in the Florida game but I see what it is.

Richt is a jackass.

well, apparently he was right.

First - don't get me wrong. I'm loving that Georgia is whooping Hawaii, and I think it's great to see the SEC dominating a team that some said should have had a shot at the national title.

But on the other hand, I'm not going to bash Hawaii, point my finger at them, and laugh. Their conference sucks, and their out of conference schedule suck too. But there's no reason not to give some sort of compliment to the job June Jones and the Hawaii program has done. The year before June Jones got there, Hawaii went 0-12. The first year he was there, 9-4. He installed an unconventional system and got a team 5,000 miles away to compete with Division I football teams. Ole Miss and Vandy might be able to achieve the same results as Hawaii with the same schedule, but Ole Miss and Vandy are expected to compete with SEC teams. Hawaii is expected to compete with WAC teams, and they have. They went 12-0 and defeated a Pac-10 team. Kudos to Hawaii - they couldn't have done any better.

Hawaii is a prime example of why FBS or whatever it's called needs to be renovated. They need to narrow D-I down to around 60 teams. Whether it's based on athletic budgets, school population, booster money, tradition, etc, I don't care. But the fact that teams like 2004's Utah, 2006's Boise St, and 2007's Hawaii can go undefeated and have nothing to show for it isn't fair. None of those teams even got a shot at a national title.

First - don't get me wrong. I'm loving that Georgia is whooping Hawaii, and I think it's great to see the SEC dominating a team that some said should have had a shot at the national title.

But on the other hand, I'm not going to bash Hawaii, point my finger at them, and laugh. Their conference sucks, and their out of conference schedule suck too. But there's no reason not to give some sort of compliment to the job June Jones and the Hawaii program has done. The year before June Jones got there, Hawaii went 0-12. The first year he was there, 9-4. He installed an unconventional system and got a team 5,000 miles away to compete with Division I football teams. Ole Miss and Vandy might be able to achieve the same results as Hawaii with the same schedule, but Ole Miss and Vandy are expected to compete with SEC teams. Hawaii is expected to compete with WAC teams, and they have. They went 12-0 and defeated a Pac-10 team. Kudos to Hawaii - they couldn't have done any better.

Hawaii is a prime example of why FBS or whatever it's called needs to be renovated. They need to narrow D-I down to around 60 teams. Whether it's based on athletic budgets, school population, booster money, tradition, etc, I don't care. But the fact that teams like 2004's Utah, 2006's Boise St, and 2007's Hawaii can go undefeated and have nothing to show for it isn't fair. None of those teams even got a shot at a national title.

Troy is more deserving. If Troy had gone undefeated this year, they would have been recognized.

If the teams you mentioned want a shot at the national title, they either need to really beef up their out of conference schedule, or drop down a notch.

Richt is a jackass.

Apparently he is a tool.

He has a 38 -3 lead on Hawaii, they have made maybe 2 first downs all night, they are not doing ANYTHING on offense. You won 30 minutes ago. You don't challenge a rare first down. You don't throw pass patterns to the corner post.

Any coach with a shred of class runs the ball every down and punts until they see any life from their dominated opponent. Georgia is the far superior team, its time to pull the doggs off now. Its just low class to pour it on when its absolutely evident you have your opponent totally dominated.

Richt is a jackass.

Apparently he is a tool.

He has a 38 -3 lead on Hawaii, they have made maybe 2 first downs all night, they are not doing ANYTHING on offense. You won 30 minutes ago. You don't challenge a rare first down. You don't throw pass patterns to the corner post.

Any coach with a shred of class runs the ball every down and punts until they see any life from their dominated opponent. Georgia is the far superior team, its time to pull the doggs off now. Its just low class to pour it on when its absolutely evident you have your opponent totally dominated.

Although it wouldn't be the way I would coach it - it's up to the defense to stop UGA. If I were Hawaii I would be more offended if someone pulled the dogs back on me than if they kept goin - it's more embarassing to have someone pull the "mercy" card on you than to be beat by 50.

Archived