Sugar Bowl

BZ770

If anyone has a clue what was going on they would be 100% behind Richt! So, GO BULLDOGS!! I am glad they whooped those classless trashy thugs from the island. Hawaii is garbage, and that starts with their coach. And #29 is a piece of trash who doesn't deserve to ever play the game again.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First - don't get me wrong. I'm loving that Georgia is whooping Hawaii, and I think it's great to see the SEC dominating a team that some said should have had a shot at the national title.

But on the other hand, I'm not going to bash Hawaii, point my finger at them, and laugh. Their conference sucks, and their out of conference schedule suck too. But there's no reason not to give some sort of compliment to the job June Jones and the Hawaii program has done. The year before June Jones got there, Hawaii went 0-12. The first year he was there, 9-4. He installed an unconventional system and got a team 5,000 miles away to compete with Division I football teams. Ole Miss and Vandy might be able to achieve the same results as Hawaii with the same schedule, but Ole Miss and Vandy are expected to compete with SEC teams. Hawaii is expected to compete with WAC teams, and they have. They went 12-0 and defeated a Pac-10 team. Kudos to Hawaii - they couldn't have done any better.

Hawaii is a prime example of why FBS or whatever it's called needs to be renovated. They need to narrow D-I down to around 60 teams. Whether it's based on athletic budgets, school population, booster money, tradition, etc, I don't care. But the fact that teams like 2004's Utah, 2006's Boise St, and 2007's Hawaii can go undefeated and have nothing to show for it isn't fair. None of those teams even got a shot at a national title.

Hawaii is a joke and apparently their coach is too. Look at the thugs on that team. Whatever we saw when we played at Georgia pales in comparison to the thuggery displayed by Hawaii's players and fans throughout the year. Georgia was celebrating good play on their own part. They did not play dirty or talk trash to Auburn players. The Hawaii players are a bunch of thug rejects that got kicked off mainland teams plus a few Hawaiians.

Did everyone see the cheap shot dirty play by #29 on the first punt of the game that gave #27 for GA a concussion? That seemed so obviously planned to me. #29 celebrated for 15 seconds on the field afterwards not caring that he had received a 15 yard penalty (why wasn't he thrown out?). When he went to the sidelines, no coach said anything to him about it (indicating to me that he was told to do something of the sort to set the tempo).

So, after a stunt that looked to be premeditated and other thuggery and trash talking by Hawaii, I would hope that my own team would rub Hawaii's nose in every bit of the crappiness that they are.

If you are suggesting that we compliment a coach, that takes known thugs and allows them to thugarize all over the place and allows them to have the lowest graduation rates of any bowl team, just because they win, then I must tell you that you are wrong. Keep in mind that celebrating by dancing Soulja Boy is much different than the type of behaviour demonstrated by Hawaii.

I agree with you about the renovation of FBS, except I would include everyone from the BCS conferences and make everyone in the FBS division schedule only other BCS conference teams for non-conference games.

Thing is he only got a penalty for catch interference no personal foul. On more than one occasion he got flagged for something. He needed to get smacked..big time!!!

UGA looked darn good in their routing of UH, period. Their players were pumped up, executed and played with intensity - they'll be a force to be reckoned with next year - I hope we end up playing them twice next year - once in Atlanta!

Thing is he only got a penalty for catch interference no personal foul. On more than one occasion he got flagged for something. He needed to get smacked..big time!!!

From what I saw, it was a personaly foul and not catch interference. I think that the contact was legal, just not helmet to helmet. The UGA return guy was hit .001 seconds after touching the ball rendering it legal to hit the return guy. Remember our game vs. UF. As much as I don't like UH, he should not have been ejected by rule, just a 15 yarder applied as if he roughed a passer. (However, after seeing his performance the remainder of the game, I think it would have been best if he were ejected.)

Well I suppose this puts to rest any thought of Hawaii being mentioned for the National Championship.

And, although some of you will claim that Hawaii should have been given the opportunity based on the Regular Season, this game clearly proves that all of us that said their schedule states why they should not be mentioned, were all correct. What a joke. Way to show 'em SEC.

Congrats to Georgia on that fine performance. That is two years in a row the SEC has destroyed an out-classed opponent in the Sugar Bowl (and six SEC wins out of the last seven Sugar Bowls).

I felt a little bad for Hawaii (players and fans), but after hearing numerous stories about what jerks they all are, my heart isn't bleeding too much.

So again, congrats to the Bulldogs. Way to represent.

I wish UGA would have scored 100. UH = most classless program and fans in the nation. And it's not even close.

Did I miss something? Is Tuscaloosa no longer a part of America?

Maybe it is a case of one group setting a standard so high that others simply compete to be second best. Like in pro golf - Tuscaloosa is like Tiger Woods when it comes to being classless, everyone else is competing to be a distant second.

I wish UGA would have scored 100. UH = most classless program and fans in the nation. And it's not even close.

Maybe it is a case of one group setting a standard so high that others simply compete to be second best. Like in pro golf - Tuscaloosa is like Tiger Woods when it comes to being classless, everyone else is competing to be a distant second.

:rolleyes:

And once again things turn to Alabama football.

And once again things turn to Alabama football.

Just as many topics in the Bible turn to hell.

I gotta say, that was pretty damn good. Probably the best retort I've read/heard for the originating comment.

Most classless fans from my experiences only:

1. Hawaii - I thought Bama had this distinction, but I saw enough to confirm all I had heard. Hawaii is garbage.

2. Alabama - every AU game at UAT is a win but also many attempted assaults/batteries

3. LSU - just trashy in general and they enjoy when players are injured

Most classless fans from my experiences only:

1. Hawaii - I thought Bama had this distinction, but I saw enough to confirm all I had heard. Hawaii is garbage.

2. Alabama - every AU game at UAT is a win but also many attempted assaults/batteries

3. LSU - just trashy in general and they enjoy when players are injured

As unfortunate as it is to skip an opportunity to jab the rival I have to agree with #1 and switch the other two.

Archived