Official "I hate Texas/Mack Brown" thread

AU4Brent

I hate you Texas/Mack Brown. I hate you with the burning intensity of a thousand suns. Once was acceptable, but twice in three years is unforgiveable. It is my sincerest wish that Tommy Tuberville flies all the way to Austin and kicks you squarely in the taint. Maybe that will cause you to look elsewhere for a DC when Muschamp goes on to his head coaching job. You have cast doubt over a 2008 Auburn football season that showed nothing but promise two days ago. I wish nothing but ill will for the Texas Longhorns from this moment on. I hope OU beats them by fifty for the next 10 years. I hope Mike Sherman and the Aggies continue to embarass your program. I hope with every fiber of my being that Baylor finds a way to beat you. And I hope that when you need a new DC in a year, and AU once again has a top 10 defense, that your taint still hurts.

I hate you Texas/Mack Brown. I hate you with the burning intensity of a thousand suns. Once was acceptable, but twice in three years is unforgiveable. It is my sincerest wish that Tommy Tuberville flies all the way to Austin and kicks you squarely in the taint. Maybe that will cause you to look elsewhere for a DC when Muschamp goes on to his head coaching job. You have cast doubt over a 2008 Auburn football season that showed nothing but promise two days ago. I wish nothing but ill will for the Texas Longhorns from this moment on. I hope OU beats them by fifty for the next 10 years. I hope Mike Sherman and the Aggies continue to embarass your program. I hope with every fiber of my being that Baylor finds a way to beat you. And I hope that when you need a new DC in a year, and AU once again has a top 10 defense, that your taint still hurts.

Agreed. I hope SMU beats UT's butt by 35 points.

I feel the same way but you have to remember this is like sex, it takes two to tango. Muschamp never had much loyalty in the first place or he wouldn't have left this year. He was destined for a HC job anyhow and he could have gotten it next year at Auburn. Tubs gave him a job again and he turned his back on Tubs and Auburn.

Having trouble coming up with the words to express my hatred towards UT right now. Here's to OU putting 100 on them. Here's to Mack Brown and WM getting fired (and yes, that is WM, not CWM. The "C" is reserved for those who don't screw you over). I don't care what kind of deal they gave him...leaving AU for any job that still has "coordinator" in its title is a slap in the face. I hope Godzillatron shorts out and the stadium burns down.

Oh boo f'n ho. He left, get over it. You know Tubs better than I, but what makes you think he won't replace Will with someone just as good, but not as well known? You aren't Alabama after fRan left, so I wouldn't worry if I were any of you.

He wanted to leave, so he did. At least he waited til the season was over before leaving.

Thank you to Coach Muschamp for two good years of a job well done. Can't blame a man for doing what is best, in his opinion, for himself and his family. God Bless and Good Luck....

Now, if we could only get tx on the schedule in the near future......

I'm pretty upset about all this, but this is what I will say:

Maybe we can beat Georgia now. I still prefer the Bama win over any other, but Gosh, Muschamp could not make halftime adjustments (see Tubs quote after the UGA game). Maybe our secondary will learn how to stop the deep ball with our new DC. Wasn't he coaching the secondary?

Oh boo f'n ho. He left, get over it. You know Tubs better than I, but what makes you think he won't replace Will with someone just as good, but not as well known? You aren't Alabama after fRan left, so I wouldn't worry if I were any of you.

He wanted to leave, so he did. At least he waited til the season was over before leaving.

There is a time and PLACE to keep your mouth shut. Someday maybe you will learn that.

Thank you to Coach Muschamp for two good years of a job well done. Can't blame a man for doing what is best, in his opinion, for himself and his family. God Bless and Good Luck....

I agree.

I will take it a step further and say that I am glad that all parties were classy and handled the situation the right way. Muschamp signed a 2 year contract and fully fulfilled it. Brown called for permission to talk to Muschamp on Tuesday and it was granted by CTT. Muschamp interviewed and came back to Auburn. He went to CTT and told him to his face what his intentions were and respectfully resigned. The outcome wasn't the what I would have liked to have seen, but it was handled well.

I don't feel like it is our right to criticize what he and his wife thought was a good move for their family. I wouldn't jump on any of your cases if you decided it was best if you made a career move that I didn't like, agree with, or support. Folks have different reasoning for each situation and for each angle there is always another good to find.

I think we should be appreciative for what he did for us, respect him as he did us (handling the situation properly), and wish him the best until we meet on the field.

There is a time and PLACE to keep your mouth shut. Someday maybe you will learn that.

You can ask Shire if I keep my mouth shut, and he'll tell you I don't. Buuuuut I don't see much of what you can do about it. I think you'll be ok though... just like AU without CWM.

You can ask Shire if I keep my mouth shut, and he'll tell you I don't. Buuuuut I don't see much of what you can do about it. I think you'll be ok though... just like AU without CWM.

Nobody wants to know about you and Shire's spooning talks, tmi.

It aint just spooning. We like to mix things up and talk about CWM going to Texas.

It aint just spooning. We like to mix things up and talk about CWM going to Texas.

You need to post more and tell Legion and Runs to take a hike.

Your bama genes are front and center a-hole.

Maybe we should have a poll thread on who is more irritating BamaPerry or Ashandarei?

I agree.

I will take it a step further and say that I am glad that all parties were classy and handled the situation the right way. Muschamp signed a 2 year contract and fully fulfilled it. Brown called for permission to talk to Muschamp on Tuesday and it was granted by CTT. Muschamp interviewed and came back to Auburn. He went to CTT and told him to his face what his intentions were and respectfully resigned. The outcome wasn't the what I would have liked to have seen, but it was handled well.

I don't feel like it is our right to criticize what he and his wife thought was a good move for their family. I wouldn't jump on any of your cases if you decided it was best if you made a career move that I didn't like, agree with, or support. Folks have different reasoning for each situation and for each angle there is always another good to find.

I think we should be appreciative for what he did for us, respect him as he did us (handling the situation properly), and wish him the best until we meet on the field.

Screw all that. Thank him? Respect him? The guy's actions spoke "Auburn is a step ladder."

Am I going to hate him? Nope. There's no time to hate the guy while laughing at his ridiculous decision. Auburn's defense has been better than Texas's defense before Will Muschamp, and it'll be better after Will Muschamp. The guy could have had another championship season under his belt if he had stayed one more year. Texas is a rebuilding job - which in the long run may look great on his resume, but it's not like his resume wasn't impressive enough already. Arkansas was fairly impressed. GA Tech and Southern Miss liked it too. So he left for Texas only to delay his chance of getting an HC job.

I liked Chizik, and even though I never had ill feelings towards him after the 04 season, I can't help but point out that the 2005 Texas defense wasn't exactly world beaters. Vince Young won the NC for Texas that year. In the 9 biggest games of the season, Chizik's defense gave up 20 points per game. In the nine biggest games of AU's 04 season, Chizik's defense gave up 13 points per game. He probably would have done better staying at Auburn, where defensive guru :blink: David Gibbs' defense gave up 18 points per game.

As for the good of the family, I don't know if we can agree or disagree with his decisions. I mean, how is Austin a better place for his family? How is moving every two years good for the family?

I truly believe he will use Texas as a step ladder also, like Chizik did. But I hope Texas won't go undefeated like the last time they snatched our D Coord.

Texas's RB is going Pro so they are gonna lose some talent on the offensive side of the ball, so I would not worry about them going undefeated.

I'm with you 100% on this.

AMEN...preach on Brother!!!

:au::homer:

Maybe we should start beating teams like USF and MSU at home before we start calling out a recent MNC winner... B)

Maybe we should start beating teams like USF and MSU at home before we start calling out a recent MNC winner... B)

Or not.... :poke:

:au::homer:

Mack Brown did what was in the best interest of his team. I don't blame him as much as I blame Muschamp for leaving and taking the same position somewhere else even though we were willing to work w/ him and give him pretty much whatever he wanted. I would love to meet them in a bowl game and hang 50 on that Muschamp defense though...

Archived