10k+ Rally for Obama in Birmingham

RunInRed

I don't get what you're asking CCTAU. In SC he gained 24% of the white vote and Clinton and Edwards split the rest roughly (about 37% apiece). Do you think all those white voters that are inclined to vote for Dems are going to jump to the GOP or something? Sure, in the SC primary about 50% of primary voters were black. But that only made it a rout. It didn't necessarily change the outcome.

He is trying to advance the belief that the only reason people are voting for Obama is because he is black.

Speaks volumes about CCTAU.

Oh yeah. It's not like EVERY news outlet in the country is asking the same question. It's the same as the idiot woman saying she will vote for hitlary because she is a woman. I do not care if every black in America votes for him. I was just pointing out that it seems to be he has most of the black vote sewed up due the fact that he is black. The Clintaxes pushed the issue. Now it's biting them in the ass. But if you don't think that the black folks are voting for him because he is black, you have no idea of how the south works.

Why does this matter to you?

Let me state again.

I do not care if every black in America votes for him. I was just pointing out that it seems to be he has most of the black vote sewed up due the fact that he is black.

I find it sad that there are folks in our country who would vote for a person because of gender or race. And if I feel that it matters to me, I am free to state it. Don't like it? Ignore it. But don't try to deny that it exists.

I would venture to say that the black folks in SC got a little upset when the clintaxes kept forcing the race issue. Whatever they were trying to prove, it backfired on them.

I'm not sure the white folks voting for him are so much for him as they are against hitlary. Either way, he is seen as a viable candidate regardless of race.

If what you say is true and they're just voting for him because he's black, without regard to his platform, then what makes you any different than them? Why is it any more sad to vote based on gender or race than it is to reject on the basis of religion? How is your bigotry more justified?

Please explain.

This one's easy..You can't change your race or gender (well you can..but let's not go there). You aren't born with a religion.

I don't get what you're asking CCTAU. In SC he gained 24% of the white vote and Clinton and Edwards split the rest roughly (about 37% apiece). Do you think all those white voters that are inclined to vote for Dems are going to jump to the GOP or something? Sure, in the SC primary about 50% of primary voters were black. But that only made it a rout. It didn't necessarily change the outcome.

He is trying to advance the belief that the only reason people are voting for Obama is because he is black.

Oh yeah. It's not like EVERY news outlet in the country is asking the same question. It's the same as the idiot woman saying she will vote for hitlary because she is a woman. I do not care if every black in America votes for him. I was just pointing out that it seems to be he has most of the black vote sewed up due the fact that he is black. The Clintaxes pushed the issue. Now it's biting them in the ass. But if you don't think that the black folks are voting for him because he is black, you have no idea of how the south works.

Let me state again.

I do not care if every black in America votes for him. I was just pointing out that it seems to be he has most of the black vote sewed up due the fact that he is black.

I find it sad that there are folks in our country who would vote for a person because of gender or race. And if I feel that it matters to me, I am free to state it. Don't like it? Ignore it. But don't try to deny that it exists.

I would venture to say that the black folks in SC got a little upset when the clintaxes kept forcing the race issue. Whatever they were trying to prove, it backfired on them.

I'm not sure the white folks voting for him are so much for him as they are against hitlary. Either way, he is seen as a viable candidate regardless of race.

If what you say is true and they're just voting for him because he's black, without regard to his platform, then what makes you any different than them? Why is it any more sad to vote based on gender or race than it is to reject on the basis of religion? How is your bigotry more justified?

Please explain.

This one's easy..You can't change your race or gender (well you can..but let's not go there). You aren't born with a religion.

Do you realize how insulting that sounds? So, a Mitt Romney should throw aside his Mormon beliefs if he wants to become president?

Let me state again.

Please explain.

Do you realize how insulting that sounds? So, a Mitt Romney should throw aside his Mormon beliefs if he wants to become president?

Looking that way, huh? We all look for a candidate we can identify with. If I'm not a morman and I'm not comfortable with that, then I do not identify with it. The one world religion/love thing just does not fly. People have their feelings. I know that ALL dims are accepting and everything goes, but many republicans still hold on to what little conservative values they have left. (after the dims keep stripping them away) Even so, Romney is not a satan worshiper, but he still does not identify with many conservatives on a religious note.

Enlightenment is not so much a Christian term. So I guess the dim party would be much better suited with something like scientology. That way they could just think good thoughts and the bitter gulf between hitlary and osama Obama would just disappear.

But for now, a dimwit trying to educate a conservative on how they should accept a different religion as OK, is very laughable.

BTW. Every time somebody tries to point out reality to you, it always seems to sound "insulting."

Looking that way, huh? We all look for a candidate we can identify with. If I'm not a morman and I'm not comfortable with that, then I do not identify with it. The one world religion/love thing just does not fly. People have their feelings. I know that ALL dims are accepting and everything goes, but many republicans still hold on to what little conservative values they have left. (after the dims keep stripping them away) Even so, Romney is not a satan worshiper, but he still does not identify with many conservatives on a religious note.

Enlightenment is not so much a Christian term. So I guess the dim party would be much better suited with something like scientology. That way they could just think good thoughts and the bitter gulf between hitlary and osama Obama would just disappear.

But for now, a dimwit trying to educate a conservative on how they should accept a different religion as OK, is very laughable.

BTW. Every time somebody tries to point out reality to you, it always seems to sound "insulting."

You call the voters in SC idiots if they voted for Obama because he's black or if they voted for Clinton because she's a woman, yet, it's perfectly fine for you to stay within your comfort zone when voting. Why are you any different or better than them?

You call the voters in SC idiots if they voted for Obama because he's black or if they voted for Clinton because she's a woman, yet, it's perfectly fine for you to stay within your comfort zone when voting. Why are you any different or better than them?

Don't you get it TA-- Republican voters = smart; Democratic voters = dumb :rolleyes:

Let me state again.

Please explain.

Insulting? What part of being able to change your beliefs and not your gender/race is insulting to anyone? If anything it's critical; otherwise, your beliefs/faith couldnt possibly be your beliefs/faith without the power for you to change them.

And no he shouldnt, not in order to become president at least. I never said anything about what anyone should or shouldn't do to become president.

Let me state again.

Please explain.

Insulting? What part of being able to change your beliefs and not your gender/race is insulting to anyone? If anything it's critical; otherwise, your beliefs/faith couldnt possibly be your beliefs/faith without the power for you to change them.

And no he shouldnt, not in order to become president at least. I never said anything about what anyone should or shouldn't do to become president.

Then what was the purpose of your comment? The subject of the conversation wasn't, "Which of these three traits is most easily changed?" CCTAU suggested that people were "idiots" to ignore a candidates' platform and consider them solely on the basis of race or gender but to exclude a candidate based on his religion, regardless of platform, is perfectly acceptable. That line of reasoning seems inconsistent and hypocritical to me. It's all the same thing so they all have to be perfectly acceptable means to choose a candidate or they're all "idiots" who employ those means.

Archived