Chuck, Stallone - You Have Company

RunInRed

(CNN) – Until this week, it looked like Republicans might have a lock on the famous tough guy demographic this year: Mike Huckabee has hit the campaign trail with martial arts star Chuck Norris and WWE star Ric Flair, and John McCain got the nod of approval from Rambo himself, Sylvester Stallone.

But on Tuesday, as his home state headed to the polls, Florida resident Terry Bollea – ‘Hulk Hogan’ to millions of wrestling fans – announced his own presidential pick: Democrat Barack Obama.

During an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Bollea was asked who he would like to see in the Oval Office. "If I had to step out, and say who I really believe in — that catches my ear, that makes sense, that really can make a change — I would say Obama," he replied.

"Everybody plays this card — the bad guy card, you know the dirty politics thing, talk about the way people dress, act and look — and, he's the choice. He seems like the real deal, you know."

Florida's Democratic vote, which awarded no delegates, went to New York Sen. Hillary Clinton.

Scarlett Johansson has come out and says she supports Obama as well. But McCain has picked up The Governator, Arnold.

I thought conservatives didn't like entertainers espousing their political opinions and wanted them to just "Shut Up and Sing."

I thought conservatives didn't like entertainers espousing their political opinions and wanted them to just "Shut Up and Sing."

Only when the entertainers are making asses of themselves and besmirching their President and country in foreign lands.

Only when the entertainers are making asses of themselves and besmirching their President and country in foreign lands.

Exactly!

I don't know many conservatives have a problem with an entertainer endorsing a candidate. I may not agree with the celebrity, but I would not criticize them for the right to say who they supported.

Plus, I was just having a little fun with this Hulk Hogan thing. I actually couldn't care less about who Cobra and Lone Wolf McQuade endorsed. I care more for endorsements from real American heroes like Gen. Chuck Yeager and the such.

Archived