John McCain on condoms

WinCrimson

You don't think it's a little strange that a man running for the Presidency doesn't know his own "policies."

"I think I'm for it, but I'm not sure. I don't know if I support government funding or not, but I'll get my staffer to check." What this does is gives the impression of politics as usual. He's unsure of his position and needs to be told what it is? Way to be an independent thinker, John.

By the way, this reeks of the politician you love to hate. Talk about being scripted down to the very syllable...

You could say the exact same thing about anyone in the race. Truth be told, they are all (democrat or republican) politicians. They don't know their asses from a hole in the ground.

I'm not so sure about that, TiS.

Maybe I'm showing my ignorance, but I've never heard a candidate respond to a question with the answers he gave. It sounded weak, incompetent, and out of touch. Let me check with my staffer? For me, that's a first.

Hell, you just described 98% of politicians in this country! Here's an assignment for you. Listen carefully to what any of the top-3 candidates say in their next speech (especially Hillary). Catch them a week later and see what they say when speaking in front of a different group of potential voters. You can pick a candidate to try this experiment on, and I guarantee you that most (if not all) of them will appear befuddled and "out of touch".

Personally, I could give 2 hoots in hell less about providing condoms for africans. I think there are a million more important issues to get my drawers in a bundle over that affect us here at home.

Clinton is done

Has been for a few weeks

Are you sure? I can't believe I am defending Hillary, but IF she wins Texas and Ohio, I think she is back in the lead, which is certainly not out of the realm of possibility. And with all the negative publicity that Obama is receiving in only the past few days (stated accomplishments (there were none), his wife's comments about America, etc.) the tide can turn in a matter of days if it catches up to him in time (no Bama pun intended). Now, I think Obama will ultamately win the Democratic nomination, but it is still too close to call right now. I think he is going to be a bigger challange for the GOP in the general election, but he better come up with more than "change" and "hope" to run on.

She would have to win Texas and Ohio by significant margins to be back in the lead. They reward delegates proportionally by congressional district, not winner take all. And the polls are not looking good for her to win by anything other than a slim margin if at all in Texas. Ohio is closing fast too.

She's toast barring some utter meltdown in one of the debates by Obama.

Kool-Aid drinker.

If he's unable to say what he believes, then he doesn't deserve to come within 100 yards of the White House.

That was a total bull**** rebuttal you gave. Total bull****.

Well I obviously have not been around long enough to know what a kool-aid drinker it, but judging by the rest of the post it isn't a compliment. A rather odd insult I might add.

As far as my response being total bull****. Here's the thing, when I am asked about giving condoms to people in Africa, I would say yea, sounds good to me not a fan of AIDS, lets get rid of it, and that is that. However, when a presidential candidate is asked a seemingly easy question like this, and they say, yea I don't like AIDS, lets give them condoms, the reporter then asks, how much will it cost, where do we get the money, how do we give it to them, do we start with teenagers and hope that in twenty years they use them or try to distribute them to everyone, how do we teach them proper use, what percentage of the time does a condom actually stop the transferring of AIDS, how many do we need, will it actually make a difference, how do you feel about different flavors, have you ever used a condom? And so on.

So when a candidate is asked a question like this, instead of just giving an off the head answer, they want to make sure they have all the answers ready and are able to explain why the support it with actual details, not just, "AIDS IS BAD". I am not a McCain fan, but I would much rather a candidate just say, "yea, I'll get back to you." Then make up some BS answer without knowing what the experts say about the subject. Would it be nice if he knew what the experts say on the subject, sure. However, there are literally thousands of issues and when only 10 get major coverage and candidates tends to spend a lot more time on those issues and less on condoms in Africa.

Oh, and I think you're a kool-aid drinker. The red kind, so you get a silly looking mustache.

Well I obviously have not been around long enough to know what a kool-aid drinker it, but judging by the rest of the post it isn't a compliment. A rather odd insult I might add.

History 101

He was calling you a die-hard Republican that can't see anything other than your Republican views. The Kool-Aid part refers to the Jonestown Massacre where everyone simply listened to some crazy guy tell them to commit suicide by drinking kool-aid laced with cyanide. Thus, the reference was that you were sticking up for McCain simply becasue he is a Republican like yourself (which I pointed out later that I actually thought you were Dem).

Interesting thought...but Obama and Clinton are neck and neck, no clear winner of the party yet.

Clinton is done

Has been for a few weeks

Actually He has been done for many years...oh my bad you were talking about Hillary.

Actually He has been done for many years...oh my bad you were talking about Hillary.

HAHAHAHA. That was awesome.

Thus, the reference was that you were sticking up for McCain simply becasue he is a Republican like yourself (which I pointed out later that I actually thought you were Dem).

Yea, I am definately a democrat, anyone on here can tell you that. I guess it just throws some off when someone from the other side will defend an opponent when they are getting a bad deal.

Archived