It was a pellet gun...

CircleDrill

http://www.al.com/sports/huntsvilletimes/i....xml&coll=1

The latest chapter in this latest debacle coming out of Tuscaloosa is that the kid's family dumped the public defender to hire a former Alabama player/lawyer. The lawyer has said (in this order per the story): 1) it was a pellet gun and not a real gun, and 2) Elder did NOT admit guilt.

If you're a lawyer, shouldn't you run with the "my client is innocent...no further comments" angle? Or is it wise to start talking about pellet guns...folllwed by "it wasn't him"?

That logic makes NO sense to me.

Uuummm...yeah, I think I'm gonna' have to save the pellet gun theory for a later date. Right now....you know....I think I might stick with the whole not guilty thing.

But, that's just me.

I call shenanigans. No way a UAT student (and most AU students for that matter) can't tell the difference between a pellet gun and a "real" gun.

"Officer, Mr. Elder pulled out a Beretta PX4 Storm Type F in .40 Smith & Wesson. I know 'cause my Mom has one just like it that she shoots rats with."

Elder evidently is better than a 2 star DL. Now watch the surveillance tapes

disappear or the victims recant their story. :thumbsdown:

Uh, since when is a pellet gun a "fake" gun? If it shoots, it's a gun. If he tags someone with that thing, it's going to cause a lot of pain and in the right spot, death.

Oh, and that lawyer is awesome.

Swords also said that Elder apparently used a pellet gun in the incident, not a semi-automatic pistol that was listed in the deposition.

Not only was it a pellet gun. it had a really old, leaky CO2 cylinder in it. Wouldn't hurt a fly. :rolleyes:

I didn't get to page 2 because it said I had to register and I'm lazy and I don't want to so Nyaaaa...

However, in fairness, his attorney didn't actually say on what I read, that he was denying anything. He just says he hasn't been provided with a copy of his alleged confession. Still pretty stupid to come out and try to mitigate the circumstances so early in the game unless Elder has told him emphatically that he's going to own up to it and take his lumps.

I hope the new attorney looks like this:

JackieChiles.jpg

You put the balm on? Who told you to put the balm on? I didn't tell you to put the balm on. Why'd you put the balm on?

2282310854651ef537dfcp5.jpg

from edsbs.com

I'd wear it

I call shenanigans. No way a UAT student (and most AU students for that matter) can't tell the difference between a pellet gun and a "real" gun.

"Officer, Mr. Elder pulled out a Beretta PX4 Storm Type F in .40 Smith & Wesson. I know 'cause my Mom has one just like it that she shoots rats with."

I swear to God...I am gonna pellet gun whip the next person that says the word shenanigans.

Hey AUesquire, what is that restaurant you like with all the goofy crap on the walls?

I think AUesquire likes shenanigans....I'm not sure though.

If this guy's Lawyer is going to say..."It was only a pellet gun." That DOESN'T MATTER, Elder could've used his Fingers. The Fact that if you Rob someone with Anything...It's still Robbery, regardless if it's a pellet gun, paintball gun, 9 MM, or a Gatlin Gun....Then he says "I haven't been presented with a confession or any formal statement he would have given" to later say, "(I have yet to speak) extensively with Elder about the incident." Wow, Attorney....umm, do your job??? This reminds me of the Duke Lacrosse Scandal, where the Attorney for the victim Never really spoke extensively with his client....Remember his client, the one that made the Whole thing up, just to get some money.

Hey AUesquire, what is that restaurant you like with all the goofy crap on the walls?

I think AUesquire likes shenanigans....I'm not sure though.

If this guy's Lawyer is going to say..."It was only a pellet gun." That DOESN'T MATTER, Elder could've used his Fingers. The Fact that if you Rob someone with Anything...It's still Robbery, regardless if it's a pellet gun, paintball gun, 9 MM, or a Gatlin Gun....Then he says "I haven't been presented with a confession or any formal statement he would have given" to later say, "(I have yet to speak) extensively with Elder about the incident." Wow, Attorney....umm, do your job??? This reminds me of the Duke Lacrosse Scandal, where the Attorney for the victim Never really spoke extensively with his client....Remember his client, the one that made the Whole thing up, just to get some money.

Yeah, it's hilarious.

"It was only a pellet gun...he didn't really confess...and I haven't even talked to him about it."

That is exactly why the phrase "no comment" was invented and should be used generously by people in hot situations like this.

These kids were in no danger. They knew this was an Alabama football player threatening them. And everyone knows Bama never beats anybody.

Except maybe the interior of a cop car.

Reminded me of John Candy in National Lampoons Vacation:

Clark W. Griswald: "We're gonna have so much fun we'll be whistling Zippa de doo da out of our a**holes!"

Security Gaurd (John Candy): "That's a BB gun"

Clark: "Yeah, well, a BB could lodge under you skin and cause a very serious infection."

Here we go again. Its Juwan Simpson Part II. Pretty soon this will have all been a big misunderstanding and everything will be swept under the rug and forgotten about. Business as usual at the capstone.

Well thank god it wasn't a "RR BB Gun".... he could of shot his eye out... or even someone elses!

I was wondering the same thing. Does that mean that Daddy $atan recieved the lamp?

inflatable-leg-lamp-2.jpg

Archived