It was a pellet gun...

CircleDrill

i don't think this situation is funny at all. think about it for one second. This thug threatened to kill someone for their wallet. Pellet gun or not this is a very serious crime and he should go to jail for a long, long time.

In most states (ours included) sticking your hand in your pocket and saying you have a gun is still armed robbery. Pellet gun just means he actually was armed with the intent to do injury or death.

Here we go again. Its Juwan Simpson Part II. Pretty soon this will have all been a big misunderstanding and everything will be swept under the rug and forgotten about. Business as usual at the capstone.

Not with me.

Elder's dumb ass should do some time.

What about the guy who tried to destroy a police car with his cranium? Does he get a vote of confidence or should he be booted, too. Ohh, the guy that just this weekend attacked a security gaurd and faught with police injuring one of them? Should he be on the playing field in August or eating smothered steak in Atmore?

I'm being completely and totally honest with you when I say I don't keep up with player arrests. Some of you, Alabama fans included, seem to have a knack for reenactments of the situations. Due to the billions of differing stories and rumors that always bubble to the surface in the days following the incident, I don't have any use to follow them.

If anything, I'm a natural skeptic until they're proven guilty. This isn't out of any bias, but rather that I remember them trashing the name of a friend that I had seen a few hours earlier and knew couldn't be involved in what he was accused of. In August of '05, a Huntsville TV station ran a feature story saying that Freddie Roach had allegedly pulled a gun on someone at a Tuscumbia bar. As it turns out, Freddie was in Tuscaloosa at the time of the accident. Though that didn't stop the imps at WAFF (who was told the truth from multiple, credible sources) from running teasers, showing game footage of him, and making the situation their feature story with his name attached to it.

I tend to be someone who believes people can learn from their mistakes and avoiding making them again in the future. As for Rashad, this is the first time he's ever been in trouble. My recommendation would be a removal following his plea before allowing him to have the opportunity to get back on the team through getting acquainted with the steps of Bryant-Denny and a vote of confidence from his team members.

+1 on the Atmore line. That was gold.

I call shenanigans. No way a UAT student (and most AU students for that matter) can't tell the difference between a pellet gun and a "real" gun.

"Officer, Mr. Elder pulled out a Beretta PX4 Storm Type F in .40 Smith & Wesson. I know 'cause my Mom has one just like it that she shoots rats with."

I could when I was at AU. But then again, I was usually packing. I didn't trust folks much back then. Come to think of it, I still don't. The PX4 Storm is overpriced.

This guy is lucky. There are many students that carry a firearm now that the VT and N. Ill. things have happened. Not only was it a stupid thing to do, he could have been justifiably killed. And if someone could hold a gun to someone else and demand money, then that person is not fit to receive a scholarship. I do not care if it was his first time. I spent many years in many different situations "broke as a hank" and NEVER contemplated robbing anyone. Serious character flaw here. And yes, I am judging. You don't hold a gun to someone and demand money unless there is something wrong with your character. EVER.

Well thank god it wasn't a "RR BB Gun".... he could of shot his eye out... or even someone elses!

I was wondering the same thing. Does that mean that Daddy $atan recieved the lamp?

inflatable-leg-lamp-2.jpg

Flip that over and I bet it would hold alot of ice cream

Reminded me of John Candy in National Lampoons Vacation:

Clark W. Griswald: "We're gonna have so much fun we'll be whistling Zippa de doo da out of our a**holes!"

Security Gaurd (John Candy): "That's a BB gun"

Clark: "Yeah, well, a BB could lodge under you skin and cause a very serious infection."

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Thats the same thing I thought of.

These kids were in no danger. They knew this was an Alabama football player threatening them. And everyone knows Bama never beats anybody.

Except maybe the interior of a cop car.

Instant Classic.

I call shenanigans. No way a UAT student (and most AU students for that matter) can't tell the difference between a pellet gun and a "real" gun.

"Officer, Mr. Elder pulled out a Beretta PX4 Storm Type F in .40 Smith & Wesson. I know 'cause my Mom has one just like it that she shoots rats with."

:lol:

Actually though, have you seen the pellet guns and rifles they make these days? Some of those jokers are almost as heavy as the real thing and look like them too. The only difference you can tell by a quick glance is the by looking at the end of the barrel. Of course a pellet gun's is smaller then a real gun, but if somebody was holding you up and you were scared too death or you it was happening in the dark, how well are you going to be able to notice that. Also, if you are not familiar with guns to begin with, you may not even know enough to pay attention to that difference.

This lawyer's comments were ignorant. Robbery is robbery, regardless of the weapon that was used. Heck, some of those pellet guns can cause very serious injury and even death in some rare cases. I have seen a pellet gun so powerful, that when a decent sized dog was shot with it, the dog went down and then got up an ran away and laid in the woods for awhile. We though we may have killed the thing (before anybody says anything about shooting a dog, it was a rabid dog that we were trying to keep away from the house and kids in the neighborhood because our animal control in Morgan County is horribly slow at getting to the scene).

So, even if it was a pellet gun, if they would have been shot with it at a close range, odds are it would have required a trip to the hospital at least.

:lol:

Actually though, have you seen the pellet guns and rifles they make these days? Some of those jokers are almost as heavy as the real thing and look like them too. The only difference you can tell by a quick glance is the by looking at the end of the barrel. Of course a pellet gun's is smaller then a real gun, but if somebody was holding you up and you were scared too death or you it was happening in the dark, how well are you going to be able to notice that. Also, if you are not familiar with guns to begin with, you may not even know enough to pay attention to that difference.

This lawyer's comments were ignorant. Robbery is robbery, regardless of the weapon that was used. Heck, some of those pellet guns can cause very serious injury and even death in some rare cases. I have seen a pellet gun so powerful, that when a decent sized dog was shot with it, the dog went down and then got up an ran away and laid in the woods for awhile. We though we may have killed the thing (before anybody says anything about shooting a dog, it was a rabid dog that we were trying to keep away from the house and kids in the neighborhood because our animal control in Morgan County is horribly slow at getting to the scene).

So, even if it was a pellet gun, if they would have been shot with it at a close range, odds are it would have required a trip to the hospital at least.

You shoot dogs?

national-lampoon-73.jpg

You shoot dogs?

national-lampoon-73.jpg

Only with pellet guns. Unless it is a chihuahua, then I bring out the heavy stuff. :shoot:

Archived