GAO Report on Terrorism

the Government Accountability Office Report..... here are some of the highlights

"The United States HAS NOT met its national security goals to destroy the terrorist threat and close the safe haven in Pakistan"

"NO COMPREHENSIVE PLAN far meeting US national security goals."

"we found broad agreement, as documented in the 2007 NIE, State and Embassy documents, as well as amoung Defense, State, and other officials, including those operating in Pakistan, that al Qaeda had gegenerated its ability to attck the US and had succeeded in establishing a safe haven in Pakistan."

thank you George Bush for making us safer

How many times do we have to repeat: taking your eyes off the target. Of course, every one is now realizing that Bush's foreign policy has actually made us less safe.

Yeah and you want this guy in charge.

Obamaonthephone.jpg

obamastien.jpg

Of course, every one is now realizing that Bush's foreign policy has actually made us less safe.

And you come to that conclusion because of all the domestic bombings, yeah I understand.

Where's the outrage? Has any one read this report? If not, you should. It's very telling of what happens when you have a flawed foreign policy.

The new democrat, praying for failures so that they can say "I told you so." I guess no new attacks on innocent American civilians is not good enough for you guys. Appeasers.

The new democrat, praying for failures so that they can say "I told you so." I guess no new attacks on innocent American civilians is not good enough for you guys. Appeasers.

Let's see- first world trade center bombing 1993

second attack 9/11 2001

That's like what 7 or 8 years between attacks.

This whole we haven't been attacked since so we are safer is b.s.

Let's see- first world trade center bombing 1993

second attack 9/11 2001

That's like what 7 or 8 years between attacks.

This whole we haven't been attacked since so we are safer is b.s.

How many attacks have been thwarted since 9/11? How many attacks have there been on friendly non-American soil (UK in particular)? How many suicide bombers in other areas tied to Al-Qaeda? It is not B.S., there would have been several attacks (possibly on the same scale as 9/11) if the terrorists were not being attacked where they sleep.

Yeah, nevermind that the report shows al queada is at their strongest levels since 9/11 while we have been dicking around in an iraqi civil war. If we get attacked by them again, the blame goes squarely on Bush for taking his eyes off the target and not finishing the job. Period.

Where's the outrage? Has any one read this report? If not, you should. It's very telling of what happens when you have a flawed foreign policy.

You mean the report that you and arnold have not linked to or posted here?

Hey, I'll criticize the administration all day long on its policies. I've done it on this board a good deal, in fact.

But are you really asking me if Obama or Hillary are going to provide for more effective national security? Not for a minute.

Yeah, nevermind that the report shows al queada is at their strongest levels since 9/11 while we have been dicking around in an iraqi civil war. If we get attacked by them again, the blame goes squarely on Bush for taking his eyes off the target and not finishing the job. Period.

So when Obama is elected, you fully expect us to go to war with Pakistan first day...

Hey, I'll criticize the administration all day long on its policies. I've done it on this board a good deal, in fact.

But are you really asking me if Obama or Hillary are going to provide for more effective national security? Not for a minute.

Obama has repeatedly stated he will get us out of Iraq and refocus our efforts on AQ in afghanistan/pakistan.

To whom is the Government Accountability Office accountable?

Nancy Pelosi & John Murtha? <_<

"The US Government Accountability Office is known as the "investigative arm of Congress" and"the congressional watchdog." GAO supports Congress meeting its Constitutional responsibilites and helps improve the performance and ensure the accountability of the Federal Government for the benefit of the American People"

GAO wedsite

"The US Government Accountability Office is known as the "investigative interpretive arm of Congress" and"the congressional watchdog." GAO supports Congress meeting its Constitutional responsibilites and helps improve the performance and ensure the accountability of the Federal Government for the benefit of the American People"

GAO wedsite

Based on my knowledge of past GAO "findings," I fixed that for you.

"The US Government Accountability Office is known as the "investigative arm of Congress" and"the congressional watchdog." GAO supports Congress meeting its Constitutional responsibilites and helps improve the performance and ensure the accountability of the Federal Government for the benefit of the American People"

GAO wedsite

That does not answer my question. Or, are you saying the GAO is accountable to the American People? Sounds like bureaucratic :bs:. I've never known a bureaucrat to be accountable to anyone other than another bureaucrat. :puke:

GAO wedsite

That does not answer my question. Or, are you saying the GAO is accountable to the American People? Sounds like bureaucratic :bs:. I've never known a bureaucrat to be accountable to anyone other than another bureaucrat. :puke:

It is actually in their job description that they are to perpetuate the bureaucracy at any and all opportunities. <_<

So when Obama is elected, you fully expect us to go to war with Pakistan first day...

A little more info on Obama's plan to refocus on AQ in Afghanistan/Pakistan from Meet the Press this morning...

A little more info on Obama's plan to refocus on AQ in Afghanistan/Pakistan from Meet the Press this morning...

Let's see now, Obama wants to surrender the war in Iraq and start a war with Pakistan. Yeah that sounds like a great foreign policy. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Let's see now, Obama wants to surrender the war in Iraq and start a war with Pakistan. Yeah that sounds like a great foreign policy. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Or leave a war in Afghanistan unfinished...redirect our forces to get in the middle of some one elses civil war and then sit back and watch as AQ has built it's strengths back up to pre 9/11 levels. Brilliant.

If we get attacked by them again, the blame goes squarely on Bush for taking his eyes off the target and not finishing the job. Period.

What if we don't?

If we get attacked by them again, the blame goes squarely on Bush for taking his eyes off the target and not finishing the job. Period.

What if we don't?

What if the sky does not fall tomorrow? Should I send Bush a personal thank you note?

What if we don't?

What if the sky does not fall tomorrow? Should I send Bush a personal thank you note?

Probably just knowing he's in your heart and your sig pic is thanks enough. :)

What if we don't?

Probably just knowing he's in your heart and your sig pic is thanks enough. :)

His goal in life is to be the poster boy for, Bush Derangement Syndrome. <_<

Archived