Then God turns to Tommy Tubberville and says, "What do you believe?"

Tommy says, "I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the

fundamentals of life. I, too, have been lucky, but win or lose, I've always

tried to be a true sportsman, both on and off the playing fields."

God is greatly moved by Tommy's sincere eloquence, and he offers him a seat

to his right.

Finally, God turns to Nick Saban: "And you, Nick, what do you believe?"

Nick replies, "I believe you're in my seat."

I believe that this is exactly how the majority of the bammer nation believes. BUT, I wouldn't want to be standing beside any of them in a thunderstorm. This is borderline sacreligious. Borderline, hell. It is sacreligious.

I believe that this is exactly how the majority of the bammer nation believes. BUT, I wouldn't want to be standing beside any of them in a thunderstorm. This is borderline sacreligious. Borderline, hell. It is sacreligious.

Hey, it was a joke, and it was posted by a Bama fan about our coach.I assure you that the majority of Bama fans do NOT think of Coach Saban as God, but we think it's funny that other people think we do.

You guys need to lighten up and take the hate level down just one small notch.

Hey, it was a joke, and it was posted by a Bama fan about our coach.I assure you that the majority of Bama fans do NOT think of Coach Saban as God, but we think it's funny that other people think we do.

You guys need to lighten up and take the hate level down just one small notch.

I've got to agree with BMH actually.

I believe eagle76 means it is sacreligious to use Almighty God as material in a joke, in which case I wholeheartedly agree. Even though the joke is intended to have Saban as the focus, it is still entering very dangerous waters to make up dialogue for the Almighty or to tell a joke at His expense.

I know someone will tell me to "lighten up", but those are not the ones I'm living my life for.

Which "uns" are you living your life for?

Are you telling us you have never told a "God/Jesus" joke - or that you have never chuckled at one you heard?

Lighten up doesn't seem sufficient. I'd suggest you put a teaspoon of baking soda in all of your major food groups when you eat.

I see nothing in that joke which was negative toward God at all.

Since we did not have the benefit of God's reply, I assume Little Nikki quickly became much shorter! :roflol:

I believe eagle76 means it is sacreligious to use Almighty God as material in a joke, in which case I wholeheartedly agree. Even though the joke is intended to have Saban as the focus, it is still entering very dangerous waters to make up dialogue for the Almighty or to tell a joke at His expense.

I know someone will tell me to "lighten up", but those are not the ones I'm living my life for.

Archived