Loudest game you have been to

aubrandon

My brother in law and I were talking about the loudest game we have been to. I know there are several that really stick out. The loudest game that I have been in the stands for was the 2006 LSU game. I have never heard Jordan Hare rock that loud before. It was after that game that the SEC warned Auburn for using artifical noise.

The loudest stadium I have been to was definetly Corn Dog stadium. I was there when Auburn visited there in 2005. Drunk folks really get loud.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me?

1. Florida/Alabama 2005 in Tuscaloosa

2. Auburn/Alabama 2005 in Auburn

3. LSU/Alabama 2007 in Tuscaloosa

4. Florida/Alabama 1999 in Gainesville

5. Georgia/Alabama 2002 in Tuscaloosa

My brother in law and I were talking about the loudest game we have been to. I know there are several that really stick out. The loudest game that I have been in the stands for was the 2006 LSU game. I have never heard Jordan Hare rock that loud before. It was after that game that the SEC warned Auburn for using artifical noise.

The loudest stadium I have been to was definetly Corn Dog stadium. I was there when Auburn visited there in 2005. Drunk folks really get loud.

I'm thinking it was the '89 Alabama game. It started early and finished late. No one wanted to leave the stadium and we were there so long that all the bamar rv's had cleared out when we left. I tried to take a nap at halftime but bama trotted out some Nancy-boys on the flag twirling team and the entire student section erupted. Loudest halftime I've experience, :roflol:

:au::uf: 2001 Duval kicked last second field goal to beat #1 Florida. That was Spurrier's last season there and it had been a while since he had beaten them. it rained like hell right after that game.

Loudest sustained crowd noise was after the blocked punt against Florida in 2006.

However I do think that LSU this year will be the loudest game we will ever have heard. It is about time we got to play them at night here.

Easily would have to be 2006 Florida game from when we blocked the punt until the end of the game. I was at the LSU game and that was the loudest pregame and eagle flying I've ever seen but the Florida game was huge.

I have a two tier system. Tier one is for games from my childhood (I'll say pre-16) because there's a decent chance that it wasn't as loud as I remember since everything seems bigger and crazier in your memory than it really was. Tier two for games since then.

Tier one games:

1) 1989 Bama game

2) 1993 Florida game

3) 1990 FSU game

Tier two games:

1) 2002 Florida game in the Swamp

2) 2004 UGA game

3) 2001 Florida game

Loudest moment: 2003 opening handoff against the Tide.

Sadly I couldn't get to the stadium in 2006 (out of the country), and I missed the 2007 Florida game (in school further north). Sad times.

1989 AU - UA

1993 AU - UA

1993 AU - UF

1994 AU - UGA game has mighty loud, but our seats were in the UGA section.

Nice catch, btw.

#1 AU vs UAT 1989 by far the loudest for the longest

#2 AU vs UF 1989

#3 AU vs UF 2006

Yeah, it got loud early in 89, about Thursday night. I remember that all but one class I had Friday got canceled and the entire campus was like the biggest block party you'd ever seen about Wednesday night on. Bama was smug of course, being #2 when they came into the game. It was the worst behavior by opposing fans I've ever experienced at Auburn. They painted everything, they were condescending, they left their trash everywhere, I saw a grown man whip it out and piss on the sidewalk in front of our girlfriends and said piss on Auburn when we confronted him about it. A mullet threw a drink on me as we were heading to Tiger Walk and when we turned around to kick his ace I saw a cop grab his shoulder from behind, I'm sure he enjoyed his Iron Bowl experience. One clown got in my girlfriend's face in the middle of the street and screamed at her that she sucked. It was their first time in Auburn and they treated the Loveliest Village like it was a landfill.

We got there earlier than I've ever gotten to a game and the stadium was rocking before we even got there. I ate Tylenol like it was Pez and I took weeks to recover from that weekend. It was one of the greatest times of my life for more reasons than I can list.

And I turned down $350 cash for my student ticket. You just don't miss something like that.

I've been to several that were probably louder but none quite as memorable.

Loudest sustained crowd noise was after the blocked punt against Florida in 2006.

However I do think that LSU this year will be the loudest game we will ever have heard. It is about time we got to play them at night here.

Longest sustained crowd noise for me (I wasn't at the UF 06 game) was the Iron bowl when caddy broke a 80 yard TD run on the FIRST play of the game.

Granted I was drunk so it may have been louder in my mind but I couldn't speak (from screaming / cheering) at the end of our 2nd drive :)

The only thing I remember about the 01 Fla game was that last field goal going through the goal post. That was my jr year. I just don't really remember much about that game unfortunately.

The loudest games I can remember from recent memory are LSU 04 and Fla 06. There were three points during that LSU game that the place just became absolutely deafening. The first was the completion to CT. The second was the TD. The third was the tipped interception to win the game. I just remember looking around and every single person I could see was just absolutely ecstatic.

The Fla game in 06 was interesting for me. I had been dating my wife, as of two weekends ago, for a little over a year and I told her that even though I had two tickets, she wasn't getting one of them - it was for a good friend from school, yet she came with me for the night anyway. I'm pretty sure that's when I knew. Anyway, knowing she was sitting outside the stadium with a couple friends was kind of hanging on my mind the whole time, but there were a few points during that game that I remember, once again, sort of looking around and taking the whole scene in and thinking, this is the loudest I've ever heard a collected group of people in my life.

I guess the third loudest was the Honk if You Sacked Brodie game. The volume just amped up every time he went down.

Hopefully this year we can take it to another level.

The loudest single point I can remember was 06 Florida, either after the blocked punt or at the end of the game on Florida's last series. I will never forget hearing "Hell's Bells" come over the PA on about 3rd down or so on that last series, and the stadium was so loud that you could only faintly hear the bells at the beginning...and I was sitting right below the scoreboard and speakers.

As for loudest for the entire game, it has got to be either 01 Florida or 04 LSU. I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned 04 UGA, it may not have been the loudest game I've ever heard, but it was definitely close and by far the most fun game I was ever at. I would love it if we could have paper shakers for every game, like they did back in the olden days.

In case anyone was wondering what the most suspiciously quiet game was, that would be 04 Tennessee at Neyland.

01 :uf: at JHS. I have felt the ground shake at JHS. But on average, see below.

Guys, as loud as we get on average, we still dont get to the "drunken cajun" level at Tiger Stadium nor the "Hair-jel and Jorts" crowd at Florida Field.

Seriously,

:lsu:

:uf: then

:au:

:ut::ua: and then a mish mash.

I have been to BDS, as a guest, when I out hollered the Bama folks. NO LIE. Yes, I have cheered for the Tide....

Please do not hold it against me. I was being a good guest of my friends.

The loudest single point I can remember was 06 Florida, either after the blocked punt or at the end of the game on Florida's last series. I will never forget hearing "Hell's Bells" come over the PA on about 3rd down or so on that last series, and the stadium was so loud that you could only faintly hear the bells at the beginning...and I was sitting right below the scoreboard and speakers.

As for loudest for the entire game, it has got to be either 01 Florida or 04 LSU. I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned 04 UGA, it may not have been the loudest game I've ever heard, but it was definitely close and by far the most fun game I was ever at. I would love it if we could have paper shakers for every game, like they did back in the olden days.

In case anyone was wondering what the most suspiciously quiet game was, that would be 04 Tennessee at Neyland.

The 04 Georgia game was the first time I saw the Oldest Rivalry In The South. We had an absolute blast. Especially when Herbstreit disrespected the Aunation and just got blistered by all of the boos and chants of Herbstreit sucks. We did not have any tickets for that game but we went. I have to admit it. I was walking around with a sign made out of cardboard saying I NEED TICKETS. Finally found some drunk dude and bought two for three hundred. The stadium was electric but the 2006 LSU game was twice as loud.

01 :uf: at JHS. I have felt the ground shake at JHS. But on average, see below.

Guys, as loud as we get on average, we still dont get to the "drunken cajun" level at Tiger Stadium nor the "Hair-jel and Jorts" crowd at Florida Field.

Seriously,

:lsu:

:uf: then

:au:

:ut::ua: and then a mish mash.

I have been to BDS, as a guest, when I out hollered the Bama folks. NO LIE. Yes, I have cheered for the Tide....

Please do not hold it against me. I was being a good guest of my friends.

I have been to several big games at Florida Field (even in student section) and they dont come close to our student section. They were close last year against us when they started to come back, but they spend a great deal of time chomping which doesnt make much noise.

I have only been to LSU once and I refuse to talk about it. PTSD

Archived