Tennessee vs. UCLA game thread

AUHansel

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craft is freaking garbage. My goodness he's bad.

true, but to be fair his OL is about as bad. it seems like UT is getting pressure on every play. UCLA is VERY lucky that with 4 INTs that its only a 7 point lead.

Now that we have seen UT play, I can bring it up again ... what did everyone see in UT in the preseason to claim they would be better this year? I still don't know how they could be better (other than winning the SEC, seeing they won the division). And why did everyone think Crompton would be this super QB? I'm sorry, but I never bought it and he is pretty much off target every pass. He does take a lot of chances, but against better secondaries, that could hurt.

UT has had how many turnovers go their way and they are only up 4 points to this time?

I will say - their running game is superb. Why are they even passing the ball? They are running the ball similar to Alabama did against Clemson.

I am sticking with my prediction of them losing their first 5 SEC games... ok... maybe not MSU anymore, so 1-4.

I agree the officiating is BS. That was a safety in my opinion (at the very least, the ball was on the goal line, which is NOT a safety, but it was nowhere near the 1/2 yard line). And that was not a Touchdown. But, they would've scored the TD on the next play.

If UT doesn't come down on this drive and run it down field, I will be very disappointed with the play calling by UT. They should be destroying UCLA, but have not been taking advantage of all their opportunities (field position, turnovers, a great running game, etc.). Maybe MSU can beat them after all. Maybe I should go back to my 0-5 SEC start, rather than 1-4 I stated in the previous post. Gosh, this is going to be difficult.

Yea, UT went to PAC10 country and tried to play pac10 ball. They were getting 6-7 yards per rush and totally gave up on the rush. I have NO IDEA what they are/were doing. They cost me a good chunk of cash.

Not a TD.

On another note, UT doesn't scare me at all. Their Oline is soft, and Crompton is easily rattled.

This team would really struggle if they ever got down by 10 or so.

Not a TD.

On another note, UT doesn't scare me at all. Their Oline is soft, and Crompton is easily rattled.

This team would really struggle if they ever got down by 10 or so.

Yes, he is VERY rattled. Why are they not running the ball? Who the hell is the coach? They need to pay Cutcliffe $2M to call Offensive plays. This is just pathetic and stupid. I feel embarrassed as an SEC fan today. Another week of the Pac 10 dominating the SEC. Why can we not get past this conference?

I wouldn't necessarily say the OL is soft or bad, as that the backfield is not picking up the blitz. UCLA is blitzing very frequently this half and it is working. I wish our coaches were taking notes, but they are probably too busy discussing how they can give Chris Todd the ball more often and why they should not play Mario Fannin. And plus, our defense doesn't like to blitz but maybe a couple times a game. Very frustrating - blitzing works, yet we hardly ever do it.

They were getting to Crompton with a 4 man rush earlier.

They just realized that UT doesn't have anything with Crompton to counter a blitz.

He's missed his last 9 attempts.

I agree the officiating is BS. That was a safety in my opinion (at the very least, the ball was on the goal line, which is NOT a safety, but it was nowhere near the 1/2 yard line). And that was not a Touchdown. But, they would've scored the TD on the next play.

If UT doesn't come down on this drive and run it down field, I will be very disappointed with the play calling by UT. They should be destroying UCLA, but have not been taking advantage of all their opportunities (field position, turnovers, a great running game, etc.). Maybe MSU can beat them after all. Maybe I should go back to my 0-5 SEC start, rather than 1-4 I stated in the previous post. Gosh, this is going to be difficult.

No doubt that was a safety. I'll disagree with the part about it being on the goal line not being a safety. The ball has to be completely OUT of the endzone for it not to be a safety. The goal line is part of the endzone, not the field of play.

Tennessee ran the ball and moved the ball downfield and scored a touchdown? What? Where did that come from?

What took these coaches so long? I know I am just a fan (who according to some on this board, doesn't count since coaches know everything), but come on. Are they this slow or were they working on their passing game because they knew the running game would work later (which if it wasn't for a face mask, they wouldn't have gotten this honor)?

No doubt that was a safety. I'll disagree with the part about it being on the goal line not being a safety. The ball has to be completely OUT of the endzone for it not to be a safety. The goal line is part of the endzone, not the field of play.

According to Todd, he stated that for a safety, the ball has to be completely in the endzone. It is like a touchdown. For a TD, the ball needs to just break the plane. It is the same to get the ball out of the endzone for Safety purposes. It just needs to reach the line. I am not an expert and I did not know the answer. This is just what Todd said during the replay.

Thanks Tennessee for sucking. I knew you guys would be bad this year - but I did not expect a loss to UCLA. Thanks for ruining our Strength of Schedule, like you did in 2004 by losing to Notre Dame. Bad... just bad... 0-5 SEC play, maybe 0-6... God, the way UK and Vandy played this weekend... 0-8 aint out of the question. If Tennessee makes a bowl game this year... it should be considered an accomplishment after today's game. Fulmer is a joke of a coach. UT needs to step up and get a real coach. But his "stellar" recruiting season will keep his job for yet another year.

UT = the old Alabama

*EDIT* ... OK, UT just got a FG with only 23 seconds to move the ball down field. Where was this before?

*EDIT* ... OK, UT missed another FG... horrible... just pathetic. Pac 10 will claim to be the #1 conference now. If we lose to this team, God help us. We better smoke them. I just want to go on the record that if you are going to plan on a FG, get your kicker in the middle of the field. Many missed FGs (all 3 tonight by UT and many by Auburn) are on the hash marks. UT was clearly looking for a FG on that 3rd down call. It was why we lost to LSU in 2005 and it's one of many reasons why UT lost tonight. Stupid coaches at UT I tell you. And this was just a minor part of it. That coaching staff made MULTIPLE idiotic decisions.

Yeah 3 quarters of snooze, and 1 quarter of awesome.

I like it. Lot more fun with no dog in the fight. I'll bet some UT and UCLA fans are going through some fingernails though.

Archived