Ole Miss commit Demond Washington now torn

TitanTiger

He's a 5-star guy that plays RB and CB. He's teammates with Eltoro Freeman.

He's listed as running a 4.3 and would likely get to play at multiple positions based on that speed.

Rivals says he's likely to switch to Auburn.

From what I have seen and read about him, he is a good one. He would be a good pick up and AU now has room since Perkins switched to MSU.

But we can't have that, what would a 5***** commit do to the rankings? Oh Lord the doomsayers’ might have a heart attack. :rolleyes:;)

5star? No. He's a 3star (atleast According to Rivals). His other offers include the likes of Ole Miss, Louisville, Memphis, Southern Miss, Northern Illinois, Ohio (not State), and UAB.

He's 5"9, 185 and runs a 4.3 forty. Not saying he wouldn't be a catch, just some clarification.

5star? No. He's a 3star (atleast According to Rivals). His other offers include the likes of Ole Miss, Louisville, Memphis, Southern Miss, Northern Illinois, Ohio (not State), and UAB.

He's 5"9, 185 and runs a 4.3 forty. Not saying he wouldn't be a catch, just some clarification.

Scout has him as a 5-star. Rivals hasn't fully rated all the JUCO guys yet from what I can tell. ESPN hasn't evaluated him. Scott Kennedy at Scout thinks he'll be an immediate contributer at the next level.

My bet is that Rivals ends up adding a star.

Demond Washington

CB JC Demond Washington 5*****

link

He's listed as running a 4.3 and would likely get to play at multiple positions based on that speed.

Whatever rivals lists him as now will most certainly drop if he does in fact commit to auburn. It's what rivals does...

4.3 speed is a gamechanger no matter how tall you are.

I've seen his video...he's closer to 4.5 than 4.3.

Well, I don't know. Both Rivals and Scout list him at that (Scout actually at 4.29).

You can tell the difference between 4.5 and 4.3 by watching a grainy hs highlight reel? Now that's impressive!

This guy claims a 4.29 on Scout yet at that speed he should be outrunning everyone. Watch his RB video on Youtube...that is NOT 4.3, not even close...he gets caught multiple times and his top speed isnt overly impressive at all IMO. 4.3 would be someone like UF's Jeff Demps who is gone and pulls away from everyone if he gets a crease.

Are we watching the same video on YouTube, meta?

I'm seeing multiple of examples of breakaway speed on that. Most of the runs are in traffic, but he's got the vision and quicks to still make things happen. But I wrote down a few plays that to me look like he's leaving people in the dust unless he takes his foot off the gas at the end. In particular, these plays:

at the 3:15 mark

4:53

5:10

5:51

That doesn't look 4.5 to me.

Are we watching the same video on YouTube, meta?

I'm seeing multiple of examples of breakaway speed on that. Most of the runs are in traffic, but he's got the vision and quicks to still make things happen. But I wrote down a few plays that to me look like he's leaving people in the dust unless he takes his foot off the gas at the end. In particular, these plays:

at the 3:15 mark

4:53

5:10

5:51

That doesn't look 4.5 to me.

Yes that is the same video...that is not 4.3 speed. Just look at the absolute first run, a guy with legit 4.3 speed would NOT get caught there, period. Yeah, he broke away a few times but lets remember that even a 4.5 guy can break-away at times, it doesn't mean he has elite speed. Compare that with Jeff Demps and the difference is more than noticeable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_wBkhMcWmA...feature=related

Well, I disagree on the first run. He was mostly in traffic and making moves, then makes one more to get off to the side of that tackler, but the guy still has an angle.

Maybe it's not 4.3, but I saw other runs that make me think it might be.

I agree with Meta. If this kid CAN run a 4.3, he certainly isn't doing it in his video.

I think the more pressing issue is his talent level, because quite honestly, he can succeed at either DB or RB at the D1 level with 4.5 speed. He appears to be an adequate RB, the video really doesn't do him justice in terms of showing his moves or ability. He does seem to be successful running from the shotgun, which is a good thing. I'd like to see video of him as a DB, because I think that's where his true value may be.

If we could get this guy and if he agreed to play defense then he could help us greatly. We need someone to step up big time and take the place of Powers. Powers was a very good player for us, and he will be missed. But if Washington can come in an lock down that spot our entire defense will be improved.

I agree with Meta. If this kid CAN run a 4.3, he certainly isn't doing it in his video.

I think the more pressing issue is his talent level, because quite honestly, he can succeed at either DB or RB at the D1 level with 4.5 speed. He appears to be an adequate RB, the video really doesn't do him justice in terms of showing his moves or ability. He does seem to be successful running from the shotgun, which is a good thing. I'd like to see video of him as a DB, because I think that's where his true value may be.

There is another video on Youtube of him from this past season where he played CB and returned punts...he looks considerably better at CB/PR IMO and that is likely where he will play no matter where he goes. His RB video is pretty good but hardly anything remarkable, and this is SEC football where you'll see numerous RBs better than Washington signed every year.

The reason I brought up the Demms comparison is because Demps is a legit 4.3 guy. Watch Demps @ UF against SEC speed and you can still see a difference in speed even in comparison to Washington running against JUCO kids.

So, :au: now = :om: ...I'm so afraid.... :o

:au::homer:

Just what would it take to please you? If Tebow transfers to Auburn from Florida, will you be griping because he has only one year left?

I don't care if a talented kid was committed to Utah State before switching to us. Talent is talent.

Are you really a Auburn fan or A pot stirring find- bum want a be?

You tell us what you want ? Your expectations.

Archived