OL Aaron Moore Decommits

RunInRed

Ok, I understand the whole I decommit from this school to commit to another.. that's all good..

But...

decommit from a school to start shopping around a couple of weeks before signing day..??? that's just plain stupid...

I think decommit in this case is equivalent to xCTT's "I resign"

I could be a slow learner.. for clarification though, are you implying that he was told by the staff to decommit?

I could be a slow learner.. for clarification though, are you implying that he was told by the staff to decommit?

"The commitment merry-go-round continued for Auburn when one of the Tigers offensive line commitments suddenly decided to go in a different direction. Check inside for the scoop on the long-time commitment who made the decision after speaking to an AU coach."

Doubt he was told to decommit, but he was likely otified that he didn't fir the plans of the new staff and advised to look elsewhere.

I have no idea what he was told. But the kid wanted to come to AU. So put the pieces together.

I believe he was a teammate of Ryan Mossakowski (sp?) who committed to KY. My understanding is we offered this guy in hopes of attracting Ryan. So I tend to believe he was persuaded to decommit.

250lb Offensive Lineman = Project

Sounds like they swayed him to look elsewhere so they could go after some OL that would have a shot at early playing time. Just a hunch though.

Would you rather the player do it on signing day?

If the kid isn't sure, now is the time to decommit. Give the staffs time to come up with Plan B

250lb Offensive Lineman = Project

Sounds like they swayed him to look elsewhere so they could go after some OL that would have a shot at early playing time. Just a hunch though.

Tulsa's average freshman OL weighs in at 267 lbs. you need a smaller OL to run Malzahn's style of offense, sort of the same deal with Franklin's.

Story on ITAT, quoting Moore's father, says that Auburn called and wanted him to greyshirt and enroll in January. He didn't want to do that, hence the decommit.

It's all part of a larger plan. I think the staff know what they want, and they do not want to use a scholarship on the guy for whatever reason.

Story on ITAT, quoting Moore's father, says that Auburn called and wanted him to greyshirt and enroll in January. He didn't want to do that, hence the decommit.

This must mean that they think they will have takers on the 6+ scholarships still available. Could be good news.

I don't think you ask a commit at a position of need to greyshirt unless you think you've got better prospects, or at least prospects you think better fit your system, coming.

Archived