uat, Revisited

JB33

These last few games, everything that's been wrong about Auburn basketball for years has been reversed. Tonight, :ua: had a sold-out home crowd advantage, a major size advantage - and, for a change, a coach on the sideline who might actually know . . . well, how to coach. There were so many times Auburn could've (and would have, as recently as earlier this year) rolled over, but they kept fighting. And scratching. And clawing. And scoring. And defending. And rebounding. (And, yes, COACHING!!)

Tonight, Auburn played with Toughness; they played with Character; and they played with Love for One Another. It was beautiful!! Great game, guys!!

If you're within striking distance, get your butts to Beard, Eaves Saturday - EVERYONE!!! Let's send these seniors out right - and the Coons back to the Stick, sans one overlong winning streak . . .

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

:au:

War Damn Eagle! Press on against LSU and let's Dick V cry when we make the tourney again!

What a freakin' win!!!!! I was jumping all over the place! Hell yes!

WHAT a GREAT present to wake up to this AM!!

I submit that a 20-win season, a winning conference record, and done with a strong finish... all that is enough to get us some serious consideration from the NCAA. wouldn't that be a shocker given our prospects at the beginning of the season.

GREAT EFFORT TIGERS!

Our team has gotten to the point where they EXPECT TO WIN instead of lose. We had the jitters in the first half and our shots were not dropping. The guys pulled it together at halftime and went out there to beat the Turds - and did so.

They had the crowd and got back to a tie late in the game. We didn't blink an eye. We played aggressive ball - played to win. And we did.

Great, great game.

War Eagle!

I need someone that knows basketball to answer this. I, oobviously, don't. Near the end of the game, when we started being able to make 3's and shoot, easier. SPUAT looked exactly like a defense in football that was tired. Had our fast game started to tire them out? I noticed that our guys weren't even breathing hard. After all that running. And their guys were breathing hard and sweating much harder than we were. Man, are we in shape!

More importantly, I think our fast play TRICKED Alabama into attempting a fast game on their end as well. Therefore, their offense suffered.

Bama was owning us when they settled down and ran a half court offense. When Auburn made it about draining jumpers with :15-:20 on the shot clock OVER and OVER again, the Bama team kept trying to match that intensity and flair. That wasn't their game plan.

It was indeed a gutty win. We looked tough and we hussled for the ball. The announcers commented on how if a ball was loose, it was always Auburn that came up with it. Our guys were out there giving it everything they had in a hostile environment. Very happy with tonight's win and the turnaround the second half of the season. Lebe has saved his job, we should be a no-brainer for the NIT and have an outside shot at an NCAA bid if we can get a few more wins (LSU and the SEC Tourney).

Good job guys!!

:ua: missed a ton of their free throws, not that we really have any room to talk. I was proud to see an aspect of the team that I have not seen in 3-4 years. While facing adversity (trailing at half-time, bama's mini comeback toward the end of the game, crowd's excitement, etc.) the tigers maintained their cool and focus and kept making shots. go back 2 years and you would have seen a team starting to throw up ridiculous 3 pointers and missing them.

mad props to vot barber for pulling down any rebounds that came in his area. he's beast. :thumbsup:

I need someone that knows basketball to answer this. I, oobviously, don't. Near the end of the game, when we started being able to make 3's and shoot, easier. SPUAT looked exactly like a defense in football that was tired. Had our fast game started to tire them out? I noticed that our guys weren't even breathing hard. After all that running. And their guys were breathing hard and sweating much harder than we were. Man, are we in shape!

I've noticed this in some other games as well, our guys seem to get faster and play better as the game goes on, no doubt has to be conditioning. Lebo likes to play only 8 guys, what that means is that those 8 guys get a lot of conditioning not only in practice but in the games, there's a reason why ESPN said we were one of the three toughest teams they've seen all year last night, our guys are brutes.

In my opinion Auburn SGA President Lauren Hayes handled her part of the Iron Bowl Foy-ODK Sportsmanship Trophy presentation in a much more classy manner than the Alabama SGA Presidents the past few years. I know in 2005-2007 the Alabama SGA President (a male each time) felt it necessary to yell out a Roll Tide after singing War Eagle. You lost the bet. Show some sportsmanship (one of the words in the title of the trophy) and gracefully do your job. Like Ms. Hayes did last night. Once again, this is just my opinion. Some of you may think that yelling Roll Tide (or it would have been War Eagle last night) shows some spunk.

That was a fun game to watch. On a national stage, down by 13, on the road against the #1 rival. Our kids never quit. They just kept playing basketball and eventually the shots started dropping and we actually turned that 13 point deficit into an 8 point lead. Absolutely crazy. Give uat credit then too. They didn't stop playing either and quickly tied it up. We just kept playing the same game we had played all night and had enough at the end to come out with the win. I'm surprised that uat didn't foul us at the end when we were only up 2 and force us to make free throws. Instead they depended on their defense to get a stop, which they didn't. That gave us a 4 point lead, then as soon as uat missed that 3 point shot, we all knew it was over. Great job by the players and the coaches to be prepared and give it everything they've got. Now, let's go get LSU saturday afternoon.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!

In my opinion Auburn SGA President Lauren Hayes handled her part of the Iron Bowl Foy-ODK Sportsmanship Trophy presentation in a much more classy manner than the Alabama SGA Presidents the past few years. I know in 2005-2007 the Alabama SGA President (a male each time) felt it necessary to yell out a Roll Tide after singing War Eagle. You lost the bet. Show some sportsmanship (one of the words in the title of the trophy) and gracefully do your job. Like Ms. Hayes did last night. Once again, this is just my opinion. Some of you may think that yelling Roll Tide (or it would have been War Eagle last night) shows some spunk.

This should come as no surprise. I was at the game in Auburn last year and the bama guy acted like an idiot.

Good job Lauren.

Archived