Did you know that

Shug2003

I was shocked to learn that former President William Walker is still on the Auburn payroll at an annual salary of $250,000 plus. This is outrageous considering that Pat Dye is also still on the payroll and Auburn is constantly crying for more money. The salaries of these "surplus" people would fund at least 10-15 professors which are needed. I urge other Auburn people to write the Governor and President Richardson and complain about this unnecessary expenditure of funds. It seems that we can't ever completely get rid of anyone. No wonder a lot of Auburn people are complaining about the leadership and stewardship of funds and balking at contributing more money.

Wow!! I knew Pat Dye was still on payroll, but I had no clue about Walker. Was this something that was already written into his contract-- that he would remain on the payroll if he resigned? Just wondering.

I agree Shug, that money could definately be put into professor's salaries or new building, labs, etc.

No different than the "buyout" of CTT's contract had Walker and his evil minions managed to get rid of CTT. DYe still works for AU as a special assistant type thing, does he not? As for Walker, that was probably just part of his deal. Don't like it, but that is how it works sometimes.

Well I would like to see that contract I am betting there is something in their AU could use to not payout.

You know like a morality clause or something...... and we wonder why college tuition is growing faster than inflation

I think Pat Dye is paid by the Alumni Association,  not Auburn University.

That is my recollection as well regarding Dye.

Part of Walker's resignation deal might have included completing payment of his contract. They would have had to pay him that if they had actually fired him. I suspect this to be the case and believe its pretty common. I don't think they have grounds to terminate his employment agreement based on a morality clause or anything like that.

Archived