Why is it that Auburn

AUman43

prospects are expected to announce their decision on X date when nobody else does that? They also boast that X prospect had an Excellent visit and then you never hear from them again! Just wondering since no other site seems to do that.

prospects are expected to announce their decision on X date when nobody else does that? They also boast that X prospect had an Excellent visit and then you never hear from them again! Just wondering since no other site seems to do that.

Because Auburn is the only place that recruits have excellent visits. All other places suck.

What on earth are you griping about now?

Recruiting sites want to make a buzz. Its good business for them, and its good for the school. Sometimes they are right, and sometimes they are wrong. I wouldn't look too terribly far into it really. More sites than you realize do this.

Huh? Recruits from all over the country set dates or otherwise make public when the plan to commit (e.g., "I'd like to have it out of the way before my senior year," "I'm going to commit on national TV during the Army All-American Game", "I'm going to commit at a press conference at my HS," etc. And recruits visiting schools and then saying good things to reporters without committing some where until later on is also nothing new. Maybe I'm missing some thing but I don't understand these comments at all.

Why is it that Auburn, keeps announcing that...

Auburn isn't making these announcements. The school can hardly be held responsible for items that random sites on the internet are publishing.

Titan, get off my butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a free country the last time I checked, You don't have a monopoly on intelligent posts here nor are your the censor of the board. I thought this was a legitimate question.

Titan, get off my butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a free country the last time I checked, You don't have a monopoly on intelligent posts here nor are your the censor of the board. I thought this was a legitimate question.

It is a free country, which is why I'm free to ask why you're whining again. You've always got this thing going where you say (fill in blank with non-AU school) gets ____________ while Auburn always gets ___________ (this blank filled with something that's less or worse than what the other school gets). Maybe from someone else who didn't do it so often it wouldn't register a blip but it's your near constant refrain. It's just getting a tad ridiculous.

Recruiting sites want to make a buzz. Its good business for them, and its good for the school. Sometimes they are right, and sometimes they are wrong. I wouldn't look too terribly far into it really. More sites than you realize do this.

Why would any listen/care about your "insight"....uater? :poke::moon:

The same could certainly be said for you. There isn't much that you contribute to this board either, other than your little nuggets of "wisdom".

dude, when you constantly proclaim other programs are doing this and that and auburn is always of lesser caliber or behind, this is the kind of response you are going to get. It seems you do nothing but complain about something.... you related to pchamp??

The same could certainly be said for you. There isn't much that you contribute to this board either, other than your little nuggets of "wisdom".

He contributes something you have never experienced......intelligence. i.e., the ability to recognize where you are and when to keep your friggin mouth zipped. :moon:

Titan and PT, I've got more class than to keep this running feud that I didn't ask for, but I will say this. The post I made was never intended to be whining and in fact was NOT whining! I thought I asked a legitimate question albiet some might (as you did) consider negative. When you visit other sites, this doesn't seem to happen. If I offended some of you brighter more knowledgeable dudes, then I'm sincererly sorry. After all, I'm only 65 years old and perhaps one of those older Auburn graduates w ho felt that I had a right to post anything I thought relevant or interesting and it didn't always have to be with orange and blue colored glasses. Seemed I was wrong! Apparently there are several on here that you dudes like to jump on and judge their posts.

Why is it that Auburn, keeps announcing that...

Auburn isn't making these announcements. The school can hardly be held responsible for items that random sites on the internet are publishing.

In fact, if I remember correctly, isn't it a violation for schools/coaches to mention or discuss a recruit by name? ...so any such reports had better be coming from reporters/bloggers or the recruits themselves.

Titan and PT, I've got more class than to keep this running feud that I didn't ask for, but I will say this. The post I made was never intended to be whining and in fact was NOT whining! I thought I asked a legitimate question albiet some might (as you did) consider negative. When you visit other sites, this doesn't seem to happen. If I offended some of you brighter more knowledgeable dudes, then I'm sincererly sorry. After all, I'm only 65 years old and perhaps one of those older Auburn graduates w ho felt that I had a right to post anything I thought relevant or interesting and it didn't always have to be with orange and blue colored glasses. Seemed I was wrong! Apparently there are several on here that you dudes like to jump on and judge their posts.

AUman43.....please note that my comment was made in response to RWS, not you.

AUman, whether you are aware of it or not, you do an awful lot of questioning/whining/complaining in this vein no matter what term you wish to give it. You give off this impression that Auburn is the only place that isn't getting enough (in your mind) early commits, is the only place where kids come and rave about it then don't commit right away and so on. This typically comes with an implied or direct comparison to bammer or other rivals. The overall impression is that you're a worry wort, a Chicken Little and that no matter what AU does or doesn't do, you're going to ask questions or make statements that imply that no matter what it is, it's in some way inferior to what others are doing or the results they are getting.

Sorry it that comes across as "classless" or that we're belittling you. This isn't about "rights," it's about the impression you give off of negativity and fretting all that time.

All glory to the Hypnotoad

The above displays typical bamzo intellect. Take note, Young Grasshoppers.

Archived