No Surprise to us!!!

SKCAUB

He'll be a 3 star before you know it.... Sheesh....

:au::homer:

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/in....xml&coll=2

So, Scout is in on the conspiracy with Rivals as well? ESPN may very well be in on it too. They rated him a 78 (equivelant to a 3*) and he isn't on the ESPN 150 Watch List.

This thread is absolutely ridiculous. Please close it.

Hey, we were having a very nice conversation about how every major recruiting service discriminates against Auburn.

Serious question:

How does any recruiting service justify making updates to anybody at this point? The only thing they will have had to look at is each school's spring practice and IF any of them have made any camps, they can work with that. How could/would you justify dropping someone who has chosen not to participate in any camps to this point?

**disclaimer** I honestly have no idea whether or not Richardson has made a camp anywhere this spring/summer to date...so this is not about him in particular, just a question in general.

Fellas, I think you miss the point...it's not the stars...it's that he was rated by almost EVERYONE as the #1 receiver in the state, but not only is he NOT #1 with Scout, he's #12 overall as a SKILL player.

Hey, I'm all for intelligent banter, so bring it on. And to the guy with the "ridiculous thread" line...how about going away! No one's making you read it. I dont' mind talking to these guys.

B)

Auburn has been discriminating against Alabama for over a decade now.....so who cares.

Fellas, I think you miss the point...it's not the stars...it's that he was rated by almost EVERYONE as the #1 receiver in the state, but not only is he NOT #1 with Scout, he's #12 overall as a SKILL player.

Hey, I'm all for intelligent banter, so bring it on. And to the guy with the "ridiculous thread" line...how about going away! No one's making you read it. I dont' mind talking to these guys.

B)

With Rivals he is the #2 WR in AL, and ranked #26 nationally. Some folks, such as ESPN, think he may do better on the defensive side of the ball as a Safety. That may be what Scout is trying to say as well. Rivals says WR. The possibility of him being better suited for a different position, at least in the eyes of the recruiting services, may be partly to blame for the difference in all of them.

Watch out SKCAUB, Titan Tiger will chastise you for a negative post of questioning the validity of the recruiting rating systems. All posts MUST be positive and intelligent. :poke:

Serious question:

How does any recruiting service justify making updates to anybody at this point? The only thing they will have had to look at is each school's spring practice and IF any of them have made any camps, they can work with that. How could/would you justify dropping someone who has chosen not to participate in any camps to this point?

I guess the same way the kid from Millbrook jumped from honorable mention (AKA also ran) all-state to #1 corner in the country when he committed to UAT. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and if the beholder is a bamzo, well, there ya' go.

Stars don't matter, right?

No, stars and recruiting mean everything now. Try to keep up with these changing times.

It would appear the asshats from West Vance made a big deal of stars meaning everything over the past two years.

Watch out SKCAUB, Titan Tiger will chastise you for a negative post of questioning the validity of the recruiting rating systems. All posts MUST be positive and intelligent. :poke:

No all post don't have to be positive. But it would be welcome if all post were not negative. :P

As for the intelligent part, that has was debunked years ago. :big:

I guess the same way the kid from Millbrook jumped from honorable mention (AKA also ran) all-state to #1 corner in the country when he committed to UAT. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and if the beholder is a bamzo, well, there ya' go.

He was the #1 corner before he committed to Alabama.

Rivals lists him as the #1 CB

Scout lists him as the #1 CB

ESPN has him in the ESPN 150 Watch List

So, again I ask, are all of those sites in on the Alabama recruiting conspiracy?

No, stars and recruiting mean everything now. Try to keep up with these changing times.

It would appear the asshats from West Vance made a big deal of stars meaning everything over the past two years.

All the while AU fans were telling us recruiting rankings didn't mean squat. Stars didn't mean anything. These guys will still have to play and show they are good. AU recruits character. AU didn't want them anyway. Rivals is run by bammers, their rankings can't be trusted. And so on, and so on. Come on, some of those phrases should sound pretty familiar to you. But now, you better believe that stars and recruiting rankings matter. Oh, except for when Alabama lands a highly ranked recruit. Any highly ranked recruit we get, we either cheated or the services are bumping his ratings. If AU lands somebody highly ranked, he's the next coming of Jesus. Especially since AU seems to be doing a little better than in the years past.

All the while AU fans were telling us recruiting rankings didn't mean squat. Stars didn't mean anything. These guys will still have to play and show they are good. AU recruits character. AU didn't want them anyway. Rivals is run by bammers, their rankings can't be trusted. And so on, and so on. Come on, some of those phrases should sound pretty familiar to you. But now, you better believe that stars and recruiting rankings matter. Oh, except for when Alabama lands a highly ranked recruit. Any highly ranked recruit we get, we either cheated or the services are bumping his ratings. If AU lands somebody highly ranked, he's the next coming of Jesus. Especially since AU seems to be doing a little better than in the years past.

AU recruits character and UaT recruits players who sell textbooks. :P

I figured my post would make too much sense for you to have a relevant, intelligent response.

I figured my post would make too much sense for you to have a relevant, intelligent response.

Once again your overly inflated opinion of yourself rears it's pointy little head. For the record relevance and intelligence are never things that come to mind when considering your post.

Once again your overly inflated opinion of yourself rears it's pointy little head. For the record relevance and intelligence are never things that come to mind when considering your post.

I see that you are still unwilling to discuss my post's content. What was inaccurate or irrational about it? You would need to look no farther than this board to see what I said was accurate.

I'm like most here. I read the topics from all the recruiting sites, but I don't take their "ratings" systems seriously. I agree that it makes for a good discussion and brings certain recruits into the spotlight. It just seems odd that players ratings change throughout their careers as much as they do. JMO..

WAR EAGLE :au:

I see that you are still unwilling to discuss my post's content. What was inaccurate or irrational about it? You would need to look no farther than this board to see what I said was accurate.

RWS, I still believe that recruiting site rankings are good to look at, but as I have always said, does not mean anything if they don't perform on the field. I will take the best kid, regardless of stars or anything else. I will agree that schools with higher ranked recruiting classes seem to be better, but I will also point our that AU had pretty good classes for the last 4 years and we finished 5-7 last year, so they obviously don't mean everything. I will also point out that La. Monroe had 1 3 star when they beat Bama and Utah wasn't close to Bama's recruiting classes any year. I would also say that Auburn had better recruiting classes leading up to last year and we got our butts handed to us by Bama. Seems these things have a few things in common. The first thing is 1. attitude of players: La Monroe and Utah wanted it more. Bama wanted it more than Auburn. 2. Coaching: Utah out coached bama and Bama out coached Auburn. 3. Talent: I would say half the games are decided by talent. This is much more evident when a team is way off such as Tenn-Martin or if they are pretty evenly matched and one team has an all-star like Cadillac and Ronnie Brown.

So yes, I still stand by my original statements. If we get number 1 recruiting class and all 3 top RB's you can bet I'll be psyched but I also promise that I won't brag about anything until they make an awesome run or win us a game, because that is what matters. I also will promise not to act like I have been relevant for the past decade because of great recruiting and one great season.

P.S. Ignore the others and we can carry on a convo.

RWS, I still believe that recruiting site rankings are good to look at, but as I have always said, does not mean anything if they don't perform on the field. I will take the best kid, regardless of stars or anything else. I will agree that schools with higher ranked recruiting classes seem to be better, but I will also point our that AU had pretty good classes for the last 4 years and we finished 5-7 last year, so they obviously don't mean everything. I will also point out that La. Monroe had 1 3 star when they beat Bama and Utah wasn't close to Bama's recruiting classes any year. I would also say that Auburn had better recruiting classes leading up to last year and we got our butts handed to us by Bama. Seems these things have a few things in common. The first thing is 1. attitude of players: La Monroe and Utah wanted it more. Bama wanted it more than Auburn. 2. Coaching: Utah out coached bama and Bama out coached Auburn. 3. Talent: I would say half the games are decided by talent. This is much more evident when a team is way off such as Tenn-Martin or if they are pretty evenly matched and one team has an all-star like Cadillac and Ronnie Brown.

So yes, I still stand by my original statements. If we get number 1 recruiting class and all 3 top RB's you can bet I'll be psyched but I also promise that I won't brag about anything until they make an awesome run or win us a game, because that is what matters. I also will promise not to act like I have been relevant for the past decade because of great recruiting and one great season.

P.S. Ignore the others and we can carry on a convo.

Hey now...I started this!!! :big:

You know, its strange. I was just reading these posts and remembering when prospects weren't assigned stars at all. I'm sure some of you older members remember that as well. I was also remembering when a prospect holding a news conference to announce his decision was totally unthought of and would have b een considered spoiled and arrogant. I have to wonder just what criteria coaches used to evaluate prospects then. Remember, they didn't hold "camps" then either. I do remember the coaches coming to the schools to talk to the high school coaches and c oming to the games but that's about it. Sure would save a lot of money earmarked for recruiting woudn't it? Personally, I think recruits have gotten way to big for their britches but I suppose television money has brought that about.

I personally think the best indication of how good a recruit is is not stars but his offer list. That is what worried me most about last year.

Archived