I have officially entered the acceptance stage

tiger88

I love the Braves and the entertainment they give us. I have followed them for 20 years now. I will follow them for many years to come.

I used to get upset by their post season lethargy and apathy , but no more. I have finally reached acceptance. This is the first year that I FULLY expected them to lose to a much inferior team in the playoffs. A team that finished a full thirteen games behind them in the regular season. A team that we all knew would want it more than the braves would. A team that would have no players with that "chipper jones look" that seems to say "I am not emotionally attached to the outcome of this game, I am just too darn busy trying to look mean/cool".

bobby cox will go down as one of the best regular season coaches ever as well as the worst post season motivator ever! I wouldn't mind them blowing it if they just looked like winning would mean something important to them.

How can a team that has won 12 straight division titles be expected to lose every year in the playoffs?????

I love the Braves and the entertainment they give us. I have followed them for 20 years now. I will follow them for many years to come.

I used to get upset by their post season lethargy and apathy , but no more. I have finally reached acceptance. This is the first year that I FULLY expected them to lose to a much inferior team in the playoffs. A team that finished a full thirteen games behind them in the regular season. A team that we all knew would want it more than the braves would. A team that would have no players with that "chipper jones look" that seems to say "I am not emotionally attached to the outcome of this game, I am just too darn busy trying to look mean/cool".

bobby cox will go down as one of the best regular season coaches ever as well as the worst post season motivator ever! I wouldn't mind them blowing it if they just looked like winning would mean something important to them.

How can a team that has won 12 straight division titles be expected to lose every year in the playoffs?????

two words....BOBBY COX.... How many other coaches would keep their jobs with post season failure after post season failure???

blah blah bobby cox blah blah give it a break..... bobby cox isnt out there swinging the bats and not producing runs.... and bobby cox isnt out there watching our pitching staff fall apart....he cant help the guy with the most saves in baseball blew a couple of saves in the layoffs....

It boils down that braves every year peak at the wrong the time....and quit producing the runs to make up for the pitching woes. i mean before the regular season ended in the last 3 weeks they lost half of those games cause they had the the diviosion clinched and gave up ........well when they gave up they never got it back....

i think a few years back to the losing braves and they would get their head out of their asses and realize this isnt an every year thing ad you are lucky you are here to be in a position to go to the WS....

Maybe their division has something to do with it. Are the Braves really good enough on their own merit to do this every year? They have to be better than the Phillies, Marlins, Expos, and METS to win the East. The METS. :roll: None of them posed much of a challenge to Atlanta all year. Maybe if they did, and there was a tighter race down the stretch, the Braves would play more like the Cubs are playing now, and quit choking.

blah blah bobby cox blah blah give it a break..... bobby cox isnt out there swinging the bats and not producing runs.... and bobby cox isnt out there watching our pitching staff fall apart....he cant help the guy with the most saves in baseball blew a couple of saves in the layoffs....

It boils down that braves every year peak at the wrong the time....and quit producing the runs to make up for the pitching woes. i mean before the regular season ended in the last 3 weeks they lost half of those games cause they had the the diviosion clinched and gave up ........well when they gave up they never got it back....

i think a few years back to the losing braves and they would get their head out of their asses and realize this isnt an every year thing ad you are lucky you are here to be in a position to go to the WS....

A few points:

1. Yes we are lucky to have a team in the playoffs every year and cox is an excellent regular season coach.

2. Over the last 12 years most of the players have changed and changed , but the one constant has been cox. He definitely isn't part of the cure so he must be part of the problem in the playoffs.

3. Anyone who has followed the braves has to know that they lack fire in the playoffs. Heck I saw them show more fire several times early in the season than they ever showed in the playoffs. Who is responsible for maintaining the mood of the team more than anyone??????

4. Cox doesn't have what it takes to light a fire under his team and just watches them fall again and again to inferior teams in the post season.

5. Cox should be a hall of fame manager imo. I wish he would retire and move on and let the braves do the same. I would rather they make the playoffs every few years and play like their hearts were in it and it was important to them than see them wallow in post season apathy.

Having the opportunity to view the Braves from across the country, I can tell you that many other teams' fans would like the have the 12 year streak. There is a lot of resentment towartds the Braves which I beleive is unwarranted.

Opposing fans say that the Braves are full of themselves. But I don't remember any arrogant comments in the media over the past 12 seasons, I haven't witnessed a cocky attitude by any Braves players or even Ted Turner. I chalk it up to jealousy.

The 12 year post season streak is something to be proud of, but why settle. Cox is a good manager, but don't forget Shuerholz (sp.) in the front office. He was the GM at KC when they won the series in '85. The Yankees success is a combination of the GM and Joe Torre. It wouldn't hurt the Braves to look around and consider a change.

It wouldn't hurt the Braves to look around and consider a change.

Its WAY OVERDUE. That organization has to be the only one in professional sports satisfied with making the post season, and not competing when it matters. Out of the last 12 years, the braves have probably been the best team in baseball at least 6 of those years, yet have no motivation to win in the post season... Getting rid of Bobby Cox is the only answer. Too many player personel has changed over the course of 12 years, so its obvious it isn't a player issue. If the organization is content with winning the division then folding every year, keep bobby cox forever. If they want to get farther into the playoffs and actually win another title, then a change is the only answer. The Braves will NEVER win another championship as long as Bobby Cox is manager...

Some braves fans are a lot like bammers.......never satisfied unless they win the NC.

I don't feel that way at all. There may be a few braves fans who feel this way. The majority just feel like they should have more than one (at least two or three) after making the playoffs 12 years in a row. The first few years they played with some fire, but after they won one the veterans who have stuck with the team just seem to have gotten content and lost any fire that ever existed in their bellies. Since they are the leaders of the team this lethargy/apathy seems to bleed over to the rest of the team. Cox is quite obviously incapable of lighting a fire under anyones a$$ in the post season and after a while it gets kind of old. Like I said earlier I would rather they make the playoffs every third or even fourth year and play like they give a darn than to see this same underachieving team every year.

Imagine if there was an eight team cfb playoff system and AU made the playoff eight years in a row. They won one title , but were usually put out in the first round. You'd still love the tigers, but wouldn't you be a little disappointed that they didn't win more titles? Especially if they played with a lack of enthusiasm.

Archived