MSU RB Arrested

Rocket City Tiger

More info:

Mississippi State running back Anthony Dixon was arrested Saturday night and charged with driving under the influence, careless driving and no proof of insurance. That's according to a copy of the arrest report obtained this morning from the Starkville Police Department. According to the report, Dixon was arrested at Montgomery and Hogan streets in Starkville at 10:14 p.m. Saturday.

Here's the narrative in full from the report: "I, Officer Watkins, on July 18, 2009 stopped a silver Chevrolet Impala being driven by Anthony Dixon. I observed this vehicle driving through the parking spots on the right hand side of the road at Western Auto. Mr. Dixon drove off the side of the road way in this manner until he turned south on to North Montgomery Street. At this time I initiated the traffic stop. Upon walking to the car I noticed that Mr. Dixon's speech was slurred and his eyes were blood shot. At this time I radioed Officer Hale to the scene to assist me in determining to what degree he was impaired. Once Officer Hale arrived on the scene he got Mr. Dixon out of the car and offered Mr. Dixon a field sobriety test. Mr. Dixon refused to take any test to determine his impairment. At this time I examined the car and noticed two champagne bottles laying in the back floor board in plain view. Mr. Dixon was taken to the Starkville Police Department for refusal to take these test. Once at the police department he refused the intoxilyzer 8000 to determine his breath alcohol content. Mr. Dixon was arrested for DUI and issued citations for careless driving and no proof of liability insurance."

Since they really have nothing left on offense, the logical choice for Mullen has to be...

bulldogicecream.jpg

This is a tough decision, the clear thing would be to boot him from the team but in the end what does that teach him? He can become a role model and help teach other and maybe save a life including his own. I believe in second chances; has he been in any other trouble?

I take Drunk Driving seriously I by no means think he should skate, but I don't think you should run his life, BTW in most states regardless how we feel your first DUI is a misdemeanor.

This is the first I've heard of Dixon getting into trouble since he got to MSU. And if I'm not mistaken, he's real big with the community service.

I don't condone drunk driving, but like others, I do condone second chances.

I will say though, having two open bottles in the backseat...very unwise.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first I've heard of Dixon getting into trouble since he got to MSU. And if I'm not mistaken, he's real big with the community service.

I don't condone drunk driving, but like others, I do condone second chances.

I will say though, having two open bottles in the backseat...very unwise.

I went to MSU this spring for their coaches clinic and Dixon has really shaped up, I think he's lost around 25-30 lbs. He looked good in practice and drills. All the MSU fans around here were hoping he would finally live up to all the hype surrounding when he came out of high school. The knock on him back then around the coaching circles was he had all the tools you were looking for in a RB back except he was not real tough. I guess we shall see. If Mullen is smart and I think he is, Dixon will be around this fall.

Archived