Happy for Ingram

BamaGrad03

Though I think Suh or Gerhart were just as deserving.

I'm VERY proud of Mark. And I think he represented us very well. He had a great season.

But I think you could flip a coin for him, Suh, or Gerhart to determine who was most deserving.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to Ingram. He was very humble in his speech and had a very good year, congrats....

Congrats to Ingram. Nice kid, and very humble. Bama's fan base should take some lessons from this kid.

Warning: Bammers are coming out of the woodworks. I made a trip to Bham this weekend, and they are out in full force. Mark is the icing on the cupcake, and the MNC will be the cherry on top. on a side note, he did seem like a genuine person. Good luck to him, hope he doesn't end up like his father.

I guess all the bammers will quit the jokes now about Tebow crying.

I doubt most would see the contradiction.

Correct. I already have some attacking me for joking on him by cutting and pasting what they said about Tebow. They have no clue.

Correct. I already have some attacking me for joking on him by cutting and pasting what they said about Tebow. They have no clue.

hypocrites it's who they are!

Oh, I bet we will. Crying post-rape and post-Heisman are two different things.

Congrats to Ingram. As others said he seems to be a humble and good guy.

As for Tebow crying, I thought it was kind of like taking a trip in a time machine to see a guy cry after a tough loss. It seems like when I was a kid you would see it more often. I remember seeing the locker room scene from the 1981 Tennessee game and just tonight I saw on the 30 in 30 The U the guys in tears following their loss to Penn State in the Fiesta Bowl.

Am I the only one who thinks that Ingram did not deserve the trophy. I think he had a fantastic season and there is not a doubt that he is an outstanding young man. He is a great running back, However, he is not even the best running back on the team. Just to say, if UT makes the kick or Auburn somehow stops the last drive to knock UAT out of the MNC title game, Mark Ingram finishes third, WHERE HE SHOULD BE.

Did Ingram win the award for best running back in the country? Seems like I remember him not winning that. Somehow though, he gets the Heisman? Congrats to him.

Wish we could have seen such down years(in heisman contenders) when Cadillac was here..

After looking at the stats and the relative competition and taking into account the talent around each guy, I honestly felt Gerhart had the better season and deserved the award.

Wish we could have seen such down years(in heisman contenders) when Cadillac was here..

Statistically, Carnell Williams' best season he had 1307 yards and 5.4 YPC.

So he would have lost this year too.

Did Ingram win the award for best running back in the country? Seems like I remember him not winning that. Somehow though, he gets the Heisman? Congrats to him.

Gerhart won the Doak Walker Award for the best RB. The heisman is NOT for the best RB, So Ingram has NOT been recognized as the best RB in the country.

Ingram may have got more yards in a season than Cadillac because Caddy had to share more carries with Ronnie Browm. But Caddy would leave Ingram in his footsteps. Caddy and Brown played tough and injured a lot. Ingram quit with a "hip pointer" against Auburn. Funny how he recoved so quickly.

I don't think Ingram was eligible to win the Doak Walker, I believe you have to be within 1 year of graduation to be eligible.

Gerhart won the Doak Walker Award for the best RB. The heisman is NOT for the best RB, So Ingram has NOT been recognized as the best RB in the country.

Ingram may have got more yards in a season than Cadillac because Caddy had to share more carries with Ronnie Browm. But Caddy would leave Ingram in his footsteps. Caddy and Brown played tough and injured a lot. Ingram quit with a "hip pointer" against Auburn. Funny how he recoved so quickly.

this guy agrees with you......

JoshBynes.png

I don't think Ingram was eligible to win the Doak Walker, I believe you have to be within 1 year of graduation to be eligible.

Then bama doesn't have a chance :big:

But Caddy would leave Ingram in his footsteps

The stats just don't agree.

Ingram had more yards and TDs THIS season than Carnell had in his first two years COMBINED. Carnell was a career 5.2 YPC guy. Ingram had to play BEHIND a guy who's in the NFL now.

Carnell through 2 seasons:

1359 Yards and 16 rushing TDs (I can't find receiving stats for Carnell)

Ingram through 2 seasons:

2270 yards Rushing, 376 Receiving Yards, 30 Total TDs

I loved Caddy. Still do. But I don't think, at this point, you can say he would "leave ingram in his footsteps" and argue that he was a superior RB.

But Caddy would leave Ingram in his footsteps

The stats just don't agree.

Ingram had more yards and TDs THIS season than Carnell had in his first two years COMBINED. Carnell was a career 5.2 YPC guy. Ingram had to play BEHIND a guy who's in the NFL now.

Carnell through 2 seasons:

1359 Yards and 16 rushing TDs (I can't find receiving stats for Carnell)

Ingram through 2 seasons:

2270 yards Rushing, 376 Receiving Yards, 30 Total TDs

I loved Caddy. Still do. But I don't think, at this point, you can say he would "leave ingram in his footsteps" and argue that he was a superior RB.

Go back and compare their stats the their first two years and use the games played. Not really sure but I think Caddy missed games his first two seasons because of injuries.

After looking at the stats and the relative competition and taking into account the talent around each guy, I honestly felt Gerhart had the better season and deserved the award.

Not me. I think the fact he was not used much in OOC games (stat padding) and played well against tough competition (other than AUBURN!!) and was also a excellent receiver all played in the overall voting, which was still the closest in history.

It wasn't Ingram's fault his team had several other "weapons" available.

Lastly I really like the fact that WE were the ONLY team to stuff him, (the Heisman winner) all year! Bodes well for the future! WDE!

Archived