Alabama Lawyer Asks for Continuance to go to Game

Tiger1992

Color me disgusted! Once again, football before everything else, including justice! I don't know what the case is, but who cares if the plaintiffs or defendants have to wait for justice. :angry:

Quoting from the document:

"Most of the attorneys representing all of the named Defendants have tickets and reservations..."
Made reservations BEFORE clearing things with the Judge, huh? Would serve you right if the reservations were non-refundable & the Judge made you actually report to work like you're supposed to...
...are for the other great team from this State who did not make the playoffs.
Hey Dunderhead: There are no playoffs! If football is more important to you than reporting for work or the judicial system in this country, at least know how FBS Division football works!
It is also understood that many of the witness [sic] involved are trying to obtain tickets...and/or scheduled to be at the game...
Unless this is some sort of legalese I'm unfamiliar with, use the plural--witnesses--with the plural "many" and "are". But maybe you were away for a road game the day they taught that in Freshman Comp...

And attorneys wonder why they are so despised...

Because they ask to be off work to see their team play just like people of all occupations?

Nobody likes an attorney until they need one. Good thing you don't. For now...

And FYI

The motion was granted by Judge Dan King - an Auburn Alum. He was quoted by al.com as saying, "If I didn't grant their request they would have said it was because I was for the other team."

Because they ask to be off work to see their team play just like people of all occupations?

I don't think some key professions--judges/lawyers with trials scheduled, doctors/nurses with emergencies or patients in crisis, pastors during congregational crises, soldiers at war, etc.--should ever ask off for a mere game. That's part of the reason I respect the sacrifices they make in their professions.

Edit PS: I just wish the vacation/junket crowd in Washington would have as much respect for their equally important profession! <_<

And FYI

The motion was granted by Judge Dan King - an Auburn Alum. He was quoted by al.com as saying, "If I didn't grant their request they would have said it was because I was for the other team."

Well, he is right: They would have said that. :poke:

But I think he's wrong to grant the motion...both he and the attorneys have more responsibility to the litigants in the trial than to a ball game. Now if BOTH sides of litigants had agreed and mutually asked for a postponement for the game, I have no problem if it's the litigants' idea. (And the judge could always deny them if he felt their request out of line.) I just don't like the judge and the lawyers saying the game is more important than going to work or the wheels of justice.

Wait, wasn't the hearing scheduled prior to the game? And really, the arrogance and contemptuous manner in which the motion for continuance was written is reprehensible, imo. Nobody likes attorneys except other attorneys.

Raven Tiger, Pro Se

Archived