Miss St. Recruits taken to Strip Clubs?

vatz22au

Warning, clicking the link may result in blindness. You've been warned.

Link

MSU Recruiting Weekend Includes Visit To Strip Club?

January 19th, 2010 ║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink ║ Tags: Mississippi State

Send This Story To A Friend

So this is how Dan Mullen has gotten a rise in recruiting at Mississippi State. (That’s bad. I know. I’m sorry.)

Reports are floating around the web that a few State recruits who were in town over the weekend for an official visit somehow found their way to a Starkville strip club called “The Pony.”

A number of the players involved mentioned the trip on their Facebook pages. Some supposedly posted photos of themselves at the club. Smart.

Sidenote — How many times must I write that social networking sites are going to be the bane of coaches and colleges for years to come?

Robert “Firebird” Johnson posted about the strip club outing.

So did Jameon Lewis.

Ditto Jay Hughes.

So here are the questions:

* Did Mississippi State know about the trip?

* Were MSU coaches or hosts involved in leading the trip?

* Will the NCAA get involved if a school is taking recruits to a strip club during official visits. (I’ll guess they’re looking into it right now.)

* Most importantly, what else are recruits going to do in Starkville, Mississippi? (I kid. Been to Starkville several times. Like it. Good barbecue. Good barbecue in Columbus, Mississippi, too.)

Warning, clicking the link may result in blindness. You've been warned.

Link

MSU Recruiting Weekend Includes Visit To Strip Club?

January 19th, 2010 ║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink ║ Tags: Mississippi State

Send This Story To A Friend

So this is how Dan Mullen has gotten a rise in recruiting at Mississippi State. (That’s bad. I know. I’m sorry.)

Reports are floating around the web that a few State recruits who were in town over the weekend for an official visit somehow found their way to a Starkville strip club called “The Pony.”

A number of the players involved mentioned the trip on their Facebook pages. Some supposedly posted photos of themselves at the club. Smart.

Sidenote — How many times must I write that social networking sites are going to be the bane of coaches and colleges for years to come?

Robert “Firebird” Johnson posted about the strip club outing.

So did Jameon Lewis.

Ditto Jay Hughes.

So here are the questions:

* Did Mississippi State know about the trip?

* Were MSU coaches or hosts involved in leading the trip?

* Will the NCAA get involved if a school is taking recruits to a strip club during official visits. (I’ll guess they’re looking into it right now.)

* Most importantly, what else are recruits going to do in Starkville, Mississippi? (I kid. Been to Starkville several times. Like it. Good barbecue. Good barbecue in Columbus, Mississippi, too.)

There is only so much BBQ till the recruits want to see some night life. Guess the Pony is best Starkville has because I know i havent seen any the times I have been over there.

Actually, I'm from Starkville. It's close if you live in Atlanta or somewhere that you have a real commute. In Starkville time, it's not that close (about 20 minutes). I've never been to The Pony, but I've been to West Point plenty. I'd actually vouch for Starkville as a growing college town. Cotton District has 3 bars and Main Street (within walking distance of those bars) has 3 more. It's not Athens, but there's not a huge difference between hanging out in a Starkville bar or hanging out at "The Bank" (or whatever Bodega is called now).

West Point Strip club??? Ugh.

I'm sure you could play a game of "drink when you see the strippers c-section scar." Everyone would be hammered in 5 minutes.

I'm sure you could play a game of "drink when you see the strippers c-section scar." Everyone would be hammered in 5 minutes.

Come on man. Single mommies need love too.

Actually, I'm from Starkville. It's close if you live in Atlanta or somewhere that you have a real commute. In Starkville time, it's not that close (about 20 minutes). I've never been to The Pony, but I've been to West Point plenty. I'd actually vouch for Starkville as a growing college town. Cotton District has 3 bars and Main Street (within walking distance of those bars) has 3 more. It's not Athens, but there's not a huge difference between hanging out in a Starkville bar or hanging out at "The Bank" (or whatever Bodega is called now).

It takes 15-20 minutes to get anywhere in Auburn. That's really as close as anything can be unless you can walk to it.

The Pony is Overrated....big time!

I went to school in Auburn for five and a half years... if it takes you 15 minutes to get anywhere in Auburn, you're either lost or driving a mo-ped. You can drive from Tigertown to Acupulco's in about 10 minutes if you hop on the interstate.

• 5 months later...

I went to school in Auburn for five and a half years... if it takes you 15 minutes to get anywhere in Auburn, you're either lost or driving a mo-ped. You can drive from Tigertown to Acupulco's in about 10 minutes if you hop on the interstate.

Tommy Boy? J/k.

Yeah it shouldn't take 15 minutes to get from point A to point B anywhere in Auburn unless you are talking about lunch time traffic during the week or gameday traffic on the weekend.

Miss St. Recruits taken to Strip Clubs

So they are using the Bama recruiting handbook now. ;)

Well, technically, the strippers mentioned in the Memphis-era sanctions came to off-campus parties for recruits. Tuscaloosa, as far as I know, doesn't have a strip club...too many Southern Baptist voters.

Oh crap... you just reminded me of some trips to the Embassy Club in Columbus, GA when I was at AU.

Archived