Erique Florence

RunInRed

Rivals.com, is reporting that Erique Florence, arguably the top in-state prospect in the 2011 class, has named AU as his leader.

165230_174281002609295_100000821882992_329681_623963_n.jpg

Erique Florence, Safety

Valley, Alabama

6'2 / 181 / 4.47

Offers (15+):

Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Cincinnati, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, LSU, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Stanford, UAB and USC, among others.

Rankings:

Rivals: 4-star (5.9), No. 3 rated Safety, No. 2 in the state of Alabama, No. 69 overall prospect in the country (Rivals100 member)

247Sports: 4-star (94), No. 9 rated Safety, No. 5 in the state of Alabama, No. 141 overall prospect in the country (The 247 member)

Scout: 4-star, No. 5 rated Safety

Florence is a big-time hitter and that is what first jumps out about him as a player. He not only hits, but he hits with good form. He closes on the ball well, he shows good instincts in the secondary, and he makes plays on the ball. He can still work on his bursts out of his breaks when in coverage, his speed when changing direction, and adding more strength. He is a future strong safety.

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=4169336

Florence has prototypical strong safety measurables as well as demeanor. He is a hitter and one of the more tough and physical safeties in 2011. He's tall, high-cut with great length and a well-built frame that still has the room to add considerable bulk. He also flashes great range and closing burst tracking down ball carriers and is very stout at the point of attack.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6050897

Additional Threads on Florence:

Is Erique pronounced like Eric? Not that it matters in the least, just curious.

No, he and his brother, Eriquel, actually go by nicknames "A" and "L". In fact, Eriquel is a very very good LB that has gone unnoticed b/c he sat out a year, but he may very well be the key to Auburn landing Erique as you can imagine brothers would love to play together.

No, he and his brother, Eriquel, actually go by nicknames "A" and "L". In fact, Eriquel is a very very good LB that has gone unnoticed b/c he sat out a year, but he may very well be the key to Auburn landing Erique as you can imagine brothers would love to play together.

Yes but: Is Eriquel an SEC quality football prospect? Older or younger? Inquiring minds want to know!

Yes but: Is Eriquel an SEC quality football prospect? Older or younger? Inquiring minds want to know!

They will be graduating together. He's just as talented as his brother. Like I said he missed a year of football which is one reason he isnt on the radar, yet.

• 2 weeks later...

They will be graduating together. He's just as talented as his brother. Like I said he missed a year of football which is one reason he isnt on the radar, yet.

His brother had to sit out complete year since he was suspended from playing football or basketball due to being involved in that major brawl between Carver and Valley at State basketball tournament in early 2009. He was one you saw running up court swinging at people.

His brother had to sit out complete year since he was suspended from playing football or basketball due to being involved in that major brawl between Carver and Valley at State basketball tournament in early 2009. He was one you saw running up court swinging at people.

Yes, that's correct, but I'm sure you would do some silly things when you were 16-17 y/o and sticking up for your brother. Fact is, the Valley and Carver students served their time, and learned a lesson. I knew a simple Google search would reveal Eriquel's past, but fact is from what I know, if Auburn wants Erique they better give Eriquel a thought, too.

but fact is from what I know, if Auburn wants Erique they better give Eriquel a thought, too.

Yet no one has offered his brother.

Whats he going to do? End up at UNA because no one would offer his brother? Yeah right.

but fact is from what I know, if Auburn wants Erique they better give Eriquel a thought, too.

I already asked once and didn't get an answer, so I'll repeat: Is Eriquel an SEC quality prospect?

As of now, it doesn't appear that he is. As Metafour pointed out above, nobody is even recruiting this brother. I don't think Auburn is going to be doing "two fer one" deals. Two for ones usually are offered only if:

(1 Both players are good prospects (apparently not the case here) or

(2 The school is desperate. Auburn is not desperate for DB's in this class.

I hope you are wrong about the brothers being a package deal. I'd really like to have Erique at Auburn but I'm rather certain that we won't use two slots to get him.

..... but I'm sure you would do some silly things when you were 16-17 y/o and sticking up for your brother

Sticking up for his brother? Then why weren't both suspended? It appears that Erique had enough good judgment to stay out of the mess.

Kids do stupid things.

If he is good enough someone will offer him a scholarship.

Of course they will, if he's good enough. However, at this point it appears that "Brother" falls into the 99.99 % of High School students that aren't good enough to get a football scholarship.

Yet no one has offered his brother.

Whats he going to do? End up at UNA because no one would offer his brother? Yeah right.

No, I stated that considering Eriquel appears to be Auburn's best chance at landing Erique. Alabama and Miami will be the biggest competition for Auburn for Erique. As far as Eriquel, you're right no offers now but he's still got a year to play high school ball. I'm sure no one on this board thought at this time last year that Auburn would have signed L. Philips and T. Fariyike, but that doesn't mean they aren't any good. Right?

No, I stated that considering Eriquel appears to be Auburn's best chance at landing Erique. Alabama and Miami will be the biggest competition for Auburn for Erique. As far as Eriquel, you're right no offers now but he's still got a year to play high school ball. I'm sure no one on this board thought at this time last year that Auburn would have signed L. Philips and T. Fariyike, but that doesn't mean they aren't any good. Right?

We wouldn't have signed those two if we hadn't lost out on Marcus Lattimore and Byran Jones. I think the point is that "Brother" will have to cut it big-time this season if he's going to get a major college scholarship.

I stated that considering Eriquel appears to be Auburn's best chance at landing Erique.

We lead for Florence, not Alabama or Miami. Why does your tone sound like you are suggesting that we are so far behind that we'll need to play the token-offer game to get him? I will be surprised if Erique Florence doesn't sign with Auburn, period.

I stated that considering Eriquel appears to be Auburn's best chance at landing Erique.

We lead for Florence, not Alabama or Miami. Why does your tone sound like you are suggesting that we are so far behind that we'll need to play the token-offer game to get him? I will be surprised if Erique Florence doesn't sign with Auburn, period.

I hope you're right, but I know him so throw away whatever source you have.

I hope you're right, but I know him so throw away whatever source you have.

Cool story bro. Ask him why he was just at OUR A-Day and not Alabama's. Also ask him why he said OUR lead increased.

Jeffrey Lee of AuburnSports.com has a new article up about Erique and reports AU leads big. It's premium content but I'm making an exception for this quote...

Auburn's A-Day Game was real nice," he said. "It is way better than Alabama's A-Day Game. Definitely. You get treated a lot different at Auburn. They make you feel at home. You just get the sense of how different things are at Auburn.

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1077822

Jeffrey Lee of AuburnSports.com has a new article up about Erique and reports AU leads big. It's premium content but I'm making an exception for this quote...

Auburn's A-Day Game was real nice," he said. "It is way better than Alabama's A-Day Game. Definitely. You get treated a lot different at Auburn. They make you feel at home. You just get the sense of how different things are at Auburn.

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1077822

That is a great quote. But how did he attend both, if they were on the same day? Did he attend Bama's in '09 and Auburn's in '10?

Archived