AU vs. Clemson (Game 6)

6.06p+creede.JPG

Todd Van Emst/Auburn University Photo

If any one finds audio of Rod's call, please share, it was an amazing moment...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI - Alabama defeated Georgia Tech tonight, forcing a game seven. The winner of that Regional will face tomorrow's AU/Clemson winner in the Super Regional.

If Bama wins, where would the Super Regional be held? At the Auburn Clemson winner?

A VICTORY TO REMEMBER

Jun 6, 2010 By Phillip Marshall, Senior Editor

1275878140.jpg

AUBURN - It was a moment that will live forever in Auburn baseball lore. Sophomore Creede Simpson, a hometown product, became a bona fide baseball hero on a sultry Sunday night at Plainsman Park.

It happened in the top of the ninth inning. and it was as unlikely as it was remarkable.

Simpson, who played at Auburn High School before spending a season at Northwest Florida State Community College, drove a 1-2 pitch from Clemson reliever Tomas Cruz high over the left-centerfield fence for a three-run homer that propelled the Tigers to an 11-10 NCAA regional victory and set up a winner-take-all showdown for the championship Monday night at 6.

There were plenty of other heroes. Brian Fletcher, Hunter Morris and Justin Fradejas had three hits apiece. Fletcher and Fradejas also hit home runs. Closer Austin Hubbard pitched 4 2/3 gutsy innings and got out of a major jam in the bottom of the ninth.

But Simpson's three-run home run that wiped out a 10-8 Clemson lead might have been the most dramatic in Plainsman Park history. It brought back memories of David Ross' walkoff home run to sink Florida State in 1997 regional in Tallahassee.

Much like Ross 13 years ago, Simpson had no reason to believe he'd be in such a position.

Read more...

FYI - Alabama defeated Georgia Tech tonight, forcing a game seven. The winner of that Regional will face tomorrow's AU/Clemson winner in the Super Regional.

If Bama wins, where would the Super Regional be held? At the Auburn Clemson winner?

I believe Auburn. It's either Auburn or Atlanta...

Even if Auburn loses? Or are you assuming Auburn will win! :cheer:

Even if Auburn loses? Or are you assuming Auburn will win! :cheer:

:) Not sure what happens if AU loses and Bama wins...

any video of that moment? I know there was supposedly a webcast-like video feed. I can't remember being this excited about baseball in a long time. I sprinted laps around the house and turned the radio up for my wife to hear. (I had previously been listening on headphones as she and my son were watching a Disney movie.)

Win. All sorts of win.

A VICTORY TO REMEMBER

Jun 6, 2010 By Phillip Marshall, Senior Editor

1275878140.jpg

AUBURN - It was a moment that will live forever in Auburn baseball lore. Sophomore Creede Simpson, a hometown product, became a bona fide baseball hero on a sultry Sunday night at Plainsman Park.

It happened in the top of the ninth inning. and it was as unlikely as it was remarkable.

Simpson, who played at Auburn High School before spending a season at Northwest Florida State Community College, drove a 1-2 pitch from Clemson reliever Tomas Cruz high over the left-centerfield fence for a three-run homer that propelled the Tigers to an 11-10 NCAA regional victory and set up a winner-take-all showdown for the championship Monday night at 6.

There were plenty of other heroes. Brian Fletcher, Hunter Morris and Justin Fradejas had three hits apiece. Fletcher and Fradejas also hit home runs. Closer Austin Hubbard pitched 4 2/3 gutsy innings and got out of a major jam in the bottom of the ninth.

But Simpson's three-run home run that wiped out a 10-8 Clemson lead might have been the most dramatic in Plainsman Park history. It brought back memories of David Ross' walkoff home run to sink Florida State in 1997 regional in Tallahassee.

Much like Ross 13 years ago, Simpson had no reason to believe he'd be in such a position.

Read more...

except it wasn't 10-8, it was 9-8. clemson got the 10th run in the bottom half of the 9th.

6.06p+creede.JPG

Todd Van Emst/Auburn University Photo

If any one finds audio of Rod's call, please share, it was an amazing moment...

My new desktop background.

any video of that moment? I know there was supposedly a webcast-like video feed. I can't remember being this excited about baseball in a long time. I sprinted laps around the house and turned the radio up for my wife to hear. (I had previously been listening on headphones as she and my son were watching a Disney movie.)

Win. All sorts of win.

I love that. Rod was going bezerk. It's was like the 13-0 football win.

Win. All sorts of win.

I love that. Rod was going bezerk. It's was like the 13-0 football win.

http://www.twitvid.com/BVGDH

Here is the video for you pleasure!

Hearing the call again reminds me of jim fyffes call against (i believe) georgia tech. "Tillman, tillman, tillman". There are moments he sounds so similar to jim fyffe to me. Loved it. By the way, i was in tallahassee sitting on the 3rd base line in 1997 when Ross hit the homerun to defeat fsu. That place went silent except for the hundred or two auburn fans. Ross' was a walk off homer. Wish i could have been there tonight.

Just got back to hotel from game...absolutely AUsome!!! This team has NO quit in them. The place was CRAZY after the Simpson HR...words can not even begin to describe! I can not wait to get back to the park tomorrow night!!! WAR DAMN CREEDE SIMPSON and WAR DAMN EAGLE!!! LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!

WooHoo! er, War Eagle I meant to say.

I just found out. Gametracker shut down in the 3rd inning. I hung on for a few more here, but shut it down.

Please tell me it will be on TV tonight! Where?

If not, can you listen on Sirius? Channel?

I don't want to miss this one.

I just found out. Gametracker shut down in the 3rd inning. I hung on for a few more here, but shut it down.

Does the live video feed not work for you?

Super Regional site: If both Auburn and bammer win, the super will be in Auburn. If Auburn and Tech win it will be in Atlanta. I was told by someone who should know that the super goes to the home field of the higher seeded team, thus the above.

If Auburn loses, we won't care where it is, but I'd guess Atlanta or Clemson.

Does the live video feed not work for you?

He's on dial up. :(

Super Regional site: If both Auburn and bammer win, the super will be in Auburn. If Auburn and Tech win it will be in Atlanta. I was told by someone who should know that the super goes to the home field of the higher seeded team, thus the above.

If Auburn loses, we won't care where it is, but I'd guess Atlanta or Clemson.

That's right, and if Clemson and Alabama both advance the selection committee will decide the host spot.

But let's not worry about that, let's just take care of business today!

So, in short, if AU and Bama win, the Super Regional is in Auburn? That would be awesome. Can any one say, tough ticket?

The Auburn Univeristy athletic ticket announced that Monday's 6 p.m. CT NCAA baseball regional championship game between Clemson and Auburn has sold out. The winner of the game advances to the NCAA Super Regional June 11-13 or 12-14 against either Alabama or Georgia Tech.

Please be aware that the game is NOT on television. Fans can watch a live video stream of tonight's game as well as follow along with live game stats and blog.

IT'S GONNA BE CRAZY THERE TONIGHT....

Archived