Dee Hart update

RunInRed

My understanding is that we see him more in H-back/slot receiver role.

Also, on one of the AJC blogs, some fan said that Bray is trying to run behind "The worst offensive line in the history of high school football". That may not be the whole story but it certainly can't help Bray's performance.

Thanks for the in-person updates. I always believe those more than some other sources.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I expected. Hart has been really strange about schools recruiting backs other than himself. I'm convinced he dropped Auburn because we're continuing to pursue Blakeley, Coe and the like. Bammer thinks they are in good shape with Crowell and there is no way they'd back off Crowell to appease Hart.

Michigan may have told Hart they won't sign another RB this year.

I have news for the lad: If you want to play big-time football, no matter where you go or what position you play there will be other very talented players that want your job. You'll have to compete or ride the pine at every single major program..

• 4 weeks later...

Hearing some chatter on other boards that Hart may be reconsidering AU now that we missed Blakely. Rich rids season crashing and burning also cited as a contributing factor. Anyone else heard anything?

Do we want to spend any more time on this guy? He's been given the whole show at Auburn and that wasn't sufficient. He wants to go somewhere that won't sign other running backs. Now all of a sudden Michigan is imploding, Auburn is winning big and Blakeley has committed to Florida. Now he's thinking Auburn.

The first thing I'd say to Hart is: "We're going after some other running backs too. We will sign at least two. If you don't like that idea, better stick with Michigan."

From Michigan's umgoblog....

I had a short conversation with Dr. Phillips senior RB Dee Hart. When asked to comment on his commitment to Michigan he responded by saying "we’re working on it." Asked if he would consider re-opening his recruitment he simply stated "we will see soon." That is all he gave me at that time. However I then spoke with a coach who is very close to the situation. He told me "not to worry right now" but that there are struggles not in Dee's hands. With that said, Auburn is after him hard after they lost Mike Blakely to Florida. This situation is very fluid and our staff has a lot of work to do (in two separate ways) to keep Hart committed to the maize and blue

From Michigan's umgoblog....

I had a short conversation with Dr. Phillips senior RB Dee Hart. When asked to comment on his commitment to Michigan he responded by saying "we’re working on it." Asked if he would consider re-opening his recruitment he simply stated "we will see soon." That is all he gave me at that time. However I then spoke with a coach who is very close to the situation. He told me "not to worry right now" but that there are struggles not in Dee's hands. With that said, Auburn is after him hard after they lost Mike Blakely to Florida. This situation is very fluid and our staff has a lot of work to do (in two separate ways) to keep Hart committed to the maize and blue

I suppose that bolded part means Hart prefers Michigan but family members or others with influence want him closer to home, say, at Auburn.

My thinking is that if he isn't sold on Auburn after seeing the whole show he needs to go elsewhere. We can find running backs that want to be here.

It took me a couple months as a Frosh to completely see I'd made the right choice coming to Auburn and that I'd bleed burnt orange & navy forever. If Dee's a solid 18 yr old just being pulled every which way (and he's clearly a solid athlete) keep after him...IMO.

• 5 weeks later...
JOXRecruiting: Talk going around that Florida RB Dee Hart may be decommitting from Michigan and committing to Alabama tomorrow.

@jimdunaway

Crowell to UGA?

JOXRecruiting: Talk going around that Florida RB Dee Hart may be decommitting from Michigan and committing to Alabama tomorrow.

@jimdunaway

Crowell to UGA?

Wow. What about Callaway?

I just heard on WJOX in Birmingham that Dee Hart to Bama announcement was not an if but a when.

$aban must have promised Hart that if Crowell signs with bammer, $aban will move Crowell to safety.

I just heard on WJOX in Birmingham that Dee Hart to Bama announcement was not an if but a when.

$aban must have promised Hart that if Crowell signs with bammer, $aban will move Crowell to safety.

:lol:

He should ask Lattimore how it feels to be on the receiving side of AU <_<

I'm sure Lattimore is perfectly content being a 1st team All-SEC back his freshman year.

I'm sure Lattimore is perfectly content being a 1st team All-SEC back his freshman year.

One with no SEC Championship ring and no chance of playing for the BCS.

Sure. Then again, he could have been that, plus an SEC Champion and be gearing up for a shot at a national championship.

So the latest on Hart is, per the Orlando Sentinel, he's looking at Fla now because he wants to play in a spread. Have our coaches "cut ties" so to speak completely at this point? If so, can we assume we have at least 1 or 2 RB's basically wrapped up now?

Sure. Then again, he could have been that, plus an SEC Champion and be gearing up for a shot at a national championship.

I'd rather have Dyer than Lattimore any day. Not just saying that because thats how it played out but because I see Lattimore getting burned out before he reaches full potential. We have more weapons than S. Car therefore we don't have to use Dyer as much.

I'd rather have Dyer than Lattimore any day. Not just saying that because thats how it played out but because I see Lattimore getting burned out before he reaches full potential. We have more weapons than S. Car therefore we don't have to use Dyer as much.

Yea, but if we had Lattimore we probably would have used him much like we did Dyer, so he wouldn't "burn out" like he may with S. Car. I think Lattimore is in for a great career though, and Dyer too.

Archived