Dee Hart update

RunInRed

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldn't have been hard for the dude to just call the AU coaches and get the scoop before pulling AU from his list.

Precisely!

Posted Today' date=' 08:38 PM

I have also heard that is was Shane...someone needs to kick his a$$[/quote']

I dunno, the world is full of jerks like Shane, jerks that would do this and worse. The best thing is to display some judgment in recognizing and dealing with that sort of person and don't believe what they say.

Jason and Mark from the Auburn Scout site insist that it was not Andrew Bonehead. So that leaves Crimson Confidential (ESPN affiliate), Bama Online (Rivals) and Tider Insider. TI is pretty much irrelevant, especially when it comes to recruiting. It's just a good ol' boy circle jerks these days. So it's either a Rivals or CC writer, I'm guessing.

The way P Marshall keeps refering to the person as "pretending" to be a journalist but is really just a fan makes me think Shane from Fbaum. Probably not him, but I couldnt help but to think of him when it said a fan/booster masquerading as a journalist. Plus he is not above something like this, he spews BS all the time about AU.

Fixed that for 'ya. The boy is the quintessential bammie fan: trashy, uneducated, opinionated blowhard who measures his self-worth through the exploits of a university's football team -- a university of which he's never walked through a classroom door to attend a class.

• 1 month later...

Huge recruiting weekend shaping up on the Plains...

Rivals.com's No. 1 all-purpose running back, Dee Hart, will take an official visit to Auburn this weekend.

@AuburnRivals

Quick update on Dee Hart, who had a great visit to Auburn and could commit soon ...

@BMatt247

Dr. Phillips elite RB Dee Hart just left Auburn, says AU, MICH are top two, could have decision very soon.

@AuburnRivals

Dee Hart on #Auburn Visit- It was a "9 out of 10"-only a 9 because I didn't commit. “I was tempted (to commit),” Hart said.

More Dee Hart- On #Auburn only having 2 backs in the fold for next yr- “It plays (into his decision) a lot,” Hart said.

Non recruiting Nutz - Dee Hart is by far the best RB on #UM board & would be a huge get for them- & a huge blow if they don't #UM #Auburn

@Detroit_Fanatic

very impressive run at the end...I hope we get this kid spite that reporter

I agree, I think it is imperative that we sign 2 top notch RBs in this class. Hart and Blakely are my top 2.

very impressive run at the end...I hope we get this kid spite that reporter

I agree, I think it is imperative that we sign 2 top notch RBs in this class. Hart and Blakely are my top 2.

Or at least one of these two kids and Coe out of Illinois.

• 2 weeks later...

Hart is set to announce Friday...

Dee Hart, the four-star RB from Dr. Phillips in Orlando, Fla., will make his choice between Michigan, Alabama and Auburn on Friday.

@AuburnRivals

Prediction: Michigan

Hart is set to announce Friday...

Dee Hart, the four-star RB from Dr. Phillips in Orlando, Fla., will make his choice between Michigan, Alabama and Auburn on Friday.

@AuburnRivals

Prediction: Michigan

I agree it probably won't be Auburn. From comments he's made at several different times it looks like Hart doesn't want to go to a school that is recruiting other RB's. We are very much in the hunt for Mike Blakeley, Quan Bray and perhaps a few others.

Maybe Michigan or bammer has told Hart they won't recruit another back? At any rate, there will always be great backs other than you at Auburn. Whoever comes here will have to be able to deal with that. If Hart does commit to Auburn, it's probably a sign that he's matured a bit.

I saw Quan Bray Friday night. I hope we are recruiting him as a defensive player. He is not a D1 running back.

I saw Quan Bray Friday night. I hope we are recruiting him as a defensive player. He is not a D1 running back.

Not even for the H-back spot? What's his problem with RB?

Hart, Blakely, Coe, Buie and Bray appeared to be at the top of our heap. Ill be interested to see Hart's final choice since it was and AU vs Michigan battle all of last year until a UA "media" member slipped him the misleading information (AKA Shane). He would be a great fit at AU or Michigan in the spread. At UA he might get a shot at RB, but they just dont use running backs like him as running backs. AU will lean hard on Blakely Coe Buie and Bray to see if we can grab two out of those four. It would be nice to grab Blakely and then a bigger back like Coe to have some diversity back there. Anytime a player is listed as an athlete I hold off judgement on their ability to play any position well until I see it (Bray). A current example would be Mario. I love the kid but that ATH tag has been obvious from day one at AU. He does alot of things well but he doesnt look as polished at RB as the kids who came in as RBs. On the other hand a guy like Dansby eventually made the transition and mase it well. I also wont be surprised if Ameer Abdullah ends up with a Ladarius Philips type scholarship or invited walkon like Justin Albert at the last minute if we only sign one back. He was very impressive on the camp circuit (out of nowhere) and he would kill for an AU scholarship. He is a lifelong AU fan. Homewoods team is not great which is keeping his stats down and attention on him low (recruting services tweeted about pitiful oline play when they and coaches went to see him play). In any case we have to have two backs regardless of who they are.

Carrollton ate his lunch all night. 1 fumble. Don't know his stats but suprised if he had over 40-50 yds rushing.Just did not seem to have running back instincts. Did the ole injury, take myself out of the game in the second half after being stuck a few times and the game had gotten out of hand (running clock the 2nd half).

Now, one game is certainly not enough to judge anyone on .Carrollton is really good.Bray certainly passes the eye test. He just didn't seem to have any elusivness,avoiding tackles type stuff.

Carrollton ate his lunch all night. 1 fumble. Don't know his stats but suprised if he had over 40-50 yds rushing.Just did not seem to have running back instincts. Did the ole injury, take myself out of the game in the second half after being stuck a few times and the game had gotten out of hand (running clock the 2nd half).

Now, one game is certainly not enough to judge anyone on .Carrollton is really good.Bray certainly passes the eye test. He just didn't seem to have any elusivness,avoiding tackles type stuff.

I'd have to agree that Bray isn't a D1 RB. Troup has moved him around a lot this season on offense and he has yet to find his niche.

Archived