Sounds like MSU has a lot ahead of them..

Ryan Sanders

After reading and analyzing every little piece of information that these "reporters" have put out there. I have come to my own conclusion.

Why can't mine be true? Do I have to work for Fox Sports to be taken seriously??

I know this is just me speculating, but I believe this:

MSU offered Newton money to come to MSU. The Newton's entertained that offer but later decided that "the money was too much." They didn't want to be involved with money and scandals. Since he went to Auburn, MSU was pissed and reported this. Auburn never offered Newton money.

The bad part is that the Newtons entertained MSU's offer.

That is just my 2 cents.

And if you noticed, Mullen called all of this "rumors" during a Sirius radio interview. Sounds like he doesn't want this to go anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised to see MSU try and calm this story themselves.

I've entertained many a bad decision in my day--I'm no more liable for those than the Newton's are for considering taking the money IF that were to be the case.

Honestly, my first thought when I read "the money was too much" meant they couldn't let themselves go through with being paid for Cam to sign. I didn't even think anything about Auburn offering/paying more. "too much" sounds more like not wanting to be involved, whereas saying the money was "too good" would implicate Auburn had offered more. I honestly feel like those statements are taken out of context, because certainly within those same phone conversations there would be much more damning evidence (what more than a scholarship, and what money was too much). Why are those details not revealed? Certainly they would have been discussed in those same conversations?

I'm thinking along the same lines you are, that they may have entertained thoughts of being paid, but in the end couldn't let themselves actually do it.

This is about over sounds like. For Auburn. MSU is the rat and has a terrible case of sour grapes. The timing of it all was curious but makes perfect sense if your MSU. Remember when MSU had their game with us built up to be the game of the century. the pumpup video and all that crap. they had a redass about CAM back then too. When can anyone remember MSU amping up the AU game. Mullen had his little feelings hurt. Im glad we tore their hearts out and handed it to them.

MSU was mad because Cam chose Auburn, so they called the SEC's attention to their own offer of $ to Cam????

Doesnt matter. He went to AU. They wanted to trip Cam up not AU so much. Thats what im thinking.

I've entertained thoughts of kidnapping Ashley Judd and having a weekend's fun with her. Doesn't mean I'm guilty of anything.

Strange, I've had the same thoughts ;)

Ok, I'm guilty...

I hope Cam comes back to play next year and we hang 90 on those SOBs.

Correct me If I'm wrong but If Cecil was talking money with MSU but never took any that isnt a NCAA violation is it? You could equate it to talking about cheating on your taxes, stealing something but you are not in trouble unless you actually do it.

Beating them this year is so much sweeter now. I hope we are pumped out of our minds this weekend. You know the guys are behind Cam. Focused agression is what I expect. Hope it lasts through to the National Championship. It is so weird we are competing for the West crown this weekend and I can barely remember it amidst all the garbage thats been floating of espn.

Here is what I heard from a source, who is a close personal friend. I'll call him Oscar, since that's his name...Oscar.

MSU was recruiting Cam, no not Michigan State, the other MSU. A recruiter was talking to Cecil Newton and said all he had to offer was a scholarship. Cecil said ""it's going to take more than a scholrship" to get a kid with Cam's talent and potential. He needs to go to a school that is close to home, has an experienced coaching staff, and an Offensive Coordinator who can not only take advantage of his talent but also help him reach his full potential. He needs a place where he feels like part of a family, can mentor children, and develop his leadership skills. He needs the support of strong team that wants to win and has the potential to win. And, he needs a school where he can get a good education. You don't get all of that with just a scholarship. Every school has scholarships."

The recruiter heard "it's going to take more than a scholarship" and called John Bond. Bond said "I got this covered. I have a layer of contacts who can get to Kenny Rogers. We can start at $200 grand and create enough smoke that no one will know. Kenny's good at this stuff. If the Newton's want more, we can up the ante."

The Newtons smelled a skunk and said we appreciate the offer, but "the money's too much. We don't want any part of that."

Bond said "Oh Crap. How do we cover this up?" Rogers called Bond and told him he needed to take the offensive and make it look like the Newtons and Auburn were the guilty parties.

That's all I can post right now. Oscar needs to go outside.

Here is what I heard from a source, who is a close personal friend. I'll call him Oscar, since that's his name...Oscar.

MSU was recruiting Cam, no not Michigan State, the other MSU. A recruiter was talking to Cecil Newton and said all he had to offer was a scholarship. Cecil said ""it's going to take more than a scholrship" to get a kid with Cam's talent and potential. He needs to go to a school that is close to home, has an experienced coaching staff, and an Offensive Coordinator who can not only take advantage of his talent but also help him reach his full potential. He needs a place where he feels like part of a family, can mentor children, and develop his leadership skills. He needs the support of strong team that wants to win and has the potential to win. And, he needs a school where he can get a good education. You don't get all of that with just a scholarship. Every school has scholarships."

The recruiter heard "it's going to take more than a scholarship" and called John Bond. Bond said "I got this covered. I have a layer of contacts who can get to Kenny Rogers. We can start at $200 grand and create enough smoke that no one will know. Kenny's good at this stuff. If the Newton's want more, we can up the ante."

The Newton's smelled a skunk and said we appreciate the offer, but "the money's too much. We don't want any part of that."

Bond said "Oh Crap. How do we cover this up?" Rogers called Bond and told him he needed to take the offensive and make it look like the Newtons and Auburn were the guilty parties.

So you "know" Oscar too? I happened to see Oscar at an undisclosed location, let's say the "park", earlier today, and in between sniffing his butt and licking his own balls, he told me the exact same thing. Except he added that when Bond went to Mullen (who some refer to as the Hunchback of Starkville) with his story of how they lost Cam to Auburn, Mullen bought it hook, line and sinker; and immediatley called Urban Meyer at UF to ask him what to do. Meyer told him, and I am paraphrasing, to quit calling, he flet like he was coaching two teams sometimes because Mullen calls so much, he had his own mess on his hands in Gainesville, and to call someone else. "But who, who Urban?!?" asked Mullen, and Meyer said, and I quote "I don't give a flip, call Mike Slive for all I care." Then Oscar just ran off. I wasn't sure if I should repeat what was said until I saw your post.

There's been a lot of speculation about how the whole bag of crap will affect Auburn's play psychologically on Saturday.

Seen any speculations, media or otherwise, on its affect on MSU perfomance Saturday?

Personally, I've got to say (and fortunately this is also in keeping with my "innocent until proven guilty" philosophy, even MSU or Florida), I still gotta root against the Tide Saturday.

...too many years of breathing Blue and Orange to cheer for the Dark Pink now based on rumors and gossip! :big:

The Newton's smelled a skunk and said we appreciate the offer, but "the money's too much. We don't want any part of that."

So you "know" Oscar too? I happened to see Oscar at an undisclosed location, let's say the "park", earlier today, and in between sniffing his butt and licking his own balls, he told me the exact same thing. Except he added that when Bond went to Mullen (who some refer to as the Hunchback of Starkville) with his story of how they lost Cam to Auburn, Mullen bought it hook, line and sinker; and immediatley called Urban Meyer at UF to ask him what to do. Meyer told him, and I am paraphrasing, to quit calling, he flet like he was coaching two teams sometimes because Mullen calls so much, he had his own mess on his hands in Gainesville, and to call someone else. "But who, who Urban?!?" asked Mullen, and Meyer said, and I quote "I don't give a flip, call Mike Slive for all I care." Then Oscar just ran off. I wasn't sure if I should repeat what was said until I saw your post.

He learned that from those damn Mississippi State recruiters and I can't break him of the habit. I might have to get Jackie Sherrill to castrate him to make him stop. That will solve half the problem.

Nonetheless, he's never lied to me.

After reading and analyzing every little piece of information that these "reporters" have put out there. I have come to my own conclusion.

Why can't mine be true? Do I have to work for Fox Sports to be taken seriously??

I know this is just me speculating, but I believe this:

MSU offered Newton money to come to MSU. The Newton's entertained that offer but later decided that "the money was too much." They didn't want to be involved with money and scandals. Since he went to Auburn, MSU was pissed and reported this. Auburn never offered Newton money.

That is just my 2 cents.

And if you noticed, Mullen called all of this "rumors" during a Sirius radio interview. Sounds like he doesn't want this to go anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised to see MSU try and calm this story themselves.

Interesting theory. Cecil Newton's comment that he didn't want Cam to be a "rented mule" at MSU suddenly takes on a whole new meaning now.

Archived