2-UA

3-UF

4-VU

5-UGA

6-MSU

7-AU

8-ARK

@SEC_Chuck

That's one heckuva a tie-breaker. A win today would have put us as the No. 2 seed.

SEC Tourney seedings as of today:

1-SC

2-UA

3-UF

4-VU

5-UGA

6-MSU

7-AU

8-ARK

@SEC_Chuck

That's one heckuva a tie-breaker. A win today would have put us as the No. 2 seed.

is this really accurate? Mississippi State is the only team in the west that Auburn doesn't hold a tie breaker over. So, I'm guessing if uat is 1st in the west (even with identical conference records) then they must have at least won their series vs. miss. state (or swept) Is that right?

Basically, yes. All four of those teams have a 13-14 record.

The good new is, AU has the easiest path to the SEC Tourney with a road series against Tennessee. One is our magic number to clinch and with a big series, AU could even win their second consecutive SEC West title.

Thankfully, we get Tennessee next week. With a sweep there (which SHOULD happen, but you never know...) we'd be in great shape. Bama gets S. Car next weekend (whose only series loss came to Mississippi of all people) and Miss State gets LSU. LSU has been on a streak lately, so I'm hoping they can pull it off. That would leave us and Arky at the top, and then we should take the lead over them. We really really could use a sweep next weekend!! The chances of us, Arky, Bama, and Miss State all sweeping is highly unlikely, so we need to be one of the teams that does that.

Interesting note (via @wareagleextra), if AU wins the SEC West, it would mark the first time they've done so in back-to-back seasons since 1964-65, when it won two straight SEC East titles.

That's interesting, I didn't know there WAS and SEC East in '64-65. :blink:

I don't remember the SEC being divided along those lines back then. Even for basketball, there was just an overall SEC champ. No tournaments in either sport.

Archived