SEC Tournament

Alabama defeated Arkansas 7-4 in the first game, so Alabama will go on to play the winner of the Miss State/Florida game. Right now, Miss State is leading 3-2 in the 6th.

Arkansas will go on to play the loser of the Miss State/Florida game.

Florida defeats Mississippi State 7-5 in a comeback win. Arkansas will now play Miss State in game 5 and Alabama will play Florida in game 7.

Auburn game about to start. ESPN3.com for the ridiculous number of people that don't get crappy css.

Auburn visiting team today and got 3 runs in the top of the 1st. The big hit was a 2 run double by Kevin Patterson.

3-0 Auburn. Chickens go in order.

going to top 2nd.

bottom of 2nd. First 3 batters get hits for S.C. run scores. runners on 2nd and 3rd. ground rule double to left center. 2 more runs score. Game tied 3-3. 0 outs yet in the inning.

well, jacobs settled down and got the next 3 up out, so no more runs scored. 3-3 game top of 3rd.

auburn with a runner on 1st. Ball lined to 2nd, the 2nd baseman jumped and caught it, then when he came down he dropped the ball. Runner at 1st was halfway, and the umpire at 2nd ruled he caught it and held it long enough, and they doubled up the runner at first. 2 out. Pawlowski came out to argue the call, but it didn't help any. McElroy reaches on an error. now a wild pitch sends him to 2nd. 5-3 chickens.

chickens have added a run and have runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Bottom 6th. 6-3 chickens.

Well so much for that.

Sadly, I didn't expect any different outcome. Hope? yes but expect? Not at all.

RBI double by Zach Cone pulls Georgia within 2-1 in the 6th. Bulldogs have runners on 2nd and 3rd, 1 out

Grounder by Chase Davidson scores a run. Casey McElroy skips throw to first for error, allowing another run to score. Georgia up 3-2 in 6th

Auburn trails Georgia 3-2 after 6. Tigers need to rally or they won't be eligible for an NCAA regional berth

Three fly outs for Auburn in the 7th. Georgia leads 3-2. Tigers six outs from their season being over

Smith gets two fly outs to strand two Georgia runners. 3-2 Bulldogs through 7. Auburn 's season down to final six outs

McElroy strike out, Caldwell ground out, Gilmer pop out and Auburn's down to its final 3 outs. 3-2 Georgia heading to bottom of 8th

@wareagleextra

Auburn goes 3 up 3 down in the 8th frame. UGA with a man on second 1 out.

I know this team lost talent (hitting) from last year, but I think you still have to consider this year a disappointment. Baseball can be a strange games, but when you look how this team lost some games this year (errors, terrible late inning pitching) you cannot feel very good about it and I hope the coaches do not. The errors, not just fielding but decision making, are items than can and should be corrected due to coaching and practice and knowledge of the game. How this team lost some games this year (GA game, AL game, TN game)and all the midweek losses should be of concern. There were many games this year that the other team did not win, but we lost.

I do think coach P needs to evaluate his coaches to make sure they are the right ones for the job. I do not know who the pitching coach is or whether he did a good job or not, he may not have much to work with, but pitching wins in this league as it does in almost any league. The teams that have been doing the best in the SEC the last few years are SC and Vandy and they have been sending pitchers to the big league. If you can't get those type recruit on campus then you better be figuring how to coach them up. If you are going to rely on small ball which it looks as if we do a lot, then you better have a good stable of pitchers.

I am certainly not advocating any change with coach P, but I do believe next year is an important year from an improvement stand point. I think we are seeing in retrospect how good a coach Hal Baird was.

Play two and Bar-B-Que.

That old rec league saying seems to fit. The crowd at Hoover was smaller than some I've seen at kids' games. I'm a fine one to talk, sitting here 90 miles away I could have gone. Still, you'd think there were enough Auburn folks around B'ham to at least fill 25% of the stadium. Looked more like a 10% crowd to me.

Archived