Trent Richardson involved in hit and run

ShocksMyBrain

This is just strange writing. Or plain ol' bad. The police don't normally release the names of victims, but they did for Richardson? Or was the other person the victim? I'm glad they let us know how much Richardson can bench press...I was hoping they'd include that important detail of the story.

Authorities are not releasing the name of the person who threatened University of Alabama football player Trent Richardson after a vehicle collision early Thursday morning.

The 19-year-old, 224-pound junior running back who bench presses more than 460 pounds was the victim of a hit and run and menacing at a downtown Tuscaloosa night spot. Richardson, who driving his vehicle when he was hit, was uninjured. He is not pressing charges, but officers wrote the suspect a ticket for leaving the scene of an accident.

The Tuscaloosa Police Department released few details about the incident that happened at 1:30 a.m. in Temerson Square, a block of bars and restaurants off University Boulevard.

A press release e-mailed Thursday morning stated: “Tuscaloosa Police Department responded to a Leaving the Scene Of An Accident/ Menacing Call that occurred at 1:30 a.m. in the 2300 Block of 4th Street. Trent Richardson was the victim in the incident. A citation was issued for the leaving the scene of an accident. Mr. Richardson declined prosecution on the Menacing Charge and the case has been closed.”

The police department does not normally release the names of crime victims.

A person commits menacing, a misdemeanor, if “by physical action, he intentionally places or attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious physical injury,” according to state law.

Police did not say whether Richardson was on foot or in a vehicle or what the suspect did to menace him.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20110630/NEWS/110639995/1007?Title=Trent-Richardson-not-injured-in-hit-and-run

I think Stephanie Taylor might need to take a few more journalism classes. This reads like something from a high school newspaper.

This is just strange writing. Or plain ol' bad. The police don't normally release the names of victims, but they did for Richardson? Or was the other person the victim? I'm glad they let us know how much Richardson can bench press...I was hoping they'd include that important detail of the story.

Authorities are not releasing the name of the person who threatened University of Alabama football player Trent Richardson after a vehicle collision early Thursday morning.

The 19-year-old, 224-pound junior running back who bench presses more than 460 pounds was the victim of a hit and run and menacing at a downtown Tuscaloosa night spot. Richardson, who driving his vehicle when he was hit, was uninjured. He is not pressing charges, but officers wrote the suspect a ticket for leaving the scene of an accident.

The Tuscaloosa Police Department released few details about the incident that happened at 1:30 a.m. in Temerson Square, a block of bars and restaurants off University Boulevard.

A press release e-mailed Thursday morning stated: “Tuscaloosa Police Department responded to a Leaving the Scene Of An Accident/ Menacing Call that occurred at 1:30 a.m. in the 2300 Block of 4th Street. Trent Richardson was the victim in the incident. A citation was issued for the leaving the scene of an accident. Mr. Richardson declined prosecution on the Menacing Charge and the case has been closed.”

The police department does not normally release the names of crime victims.

A person commits menacing, a misdemeanor, if “by physical action, he intentionally places or attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious physical injury,” according to state law.

Police did not say whether Richardson was on foot or in a vehicle or what the suspect did to menace him.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20110630/NEWS/110639995/1007?Title=Trent-Richardson-not-injured-in-hit-and-run

I think Stephanie Taylor might need to take a few more journalism classes. This reads like something from a high school newspaper.

Now there's no need to insult high school newspapers. <_<

Why wouldn't he press charges? Why would the police not release the name? Hmmm.

The "facts" are sketchy to say the least.

I honestly don't even know what's going on with it.

"The 19-year-old, 224-pound junior running back who bench presses more than 460 pounds was the victim of a hit and run and menacing at a downtown Tuscaloosa night spot."

Did Richardson get hit by a vehicle at a Tuskaloser nightspot? Really? Must have been a hell of a party in there!

If you can ignore the horrendous writing and focus on the event itself, why did he not want to press charges? Did he all of a sudden have a soft spot for whoever was "menacing" him, or was it someone he knows and didn't want to get him in trouble? Perhaps a fellow teammate?

The best detail provided in the article is that he benches 460 lbs. This girl needs to be taken off the crime beat.

Also, it is quite strange that there would be a press release to talk about the victim. Not handled well at all.

The best detail provided in the article is that he benches 460 lbs.

...and also the most useless, as SMB stated in the OP.

This grammar and inflection of this whole article does not surprise me. Simply look at the journalism giant she writes for.

Stephanie is a friend of mine but yes, that was hard to read. What I was originally told was that the vehicle was parked when it was hit.

As for him not wanting to press charges, sounds like he might want to take care of things for himself. We can only hope. :roflol:

Archived