Gunner KIel to .... Indiana

RunInRed

But wait, isn't it so much worse that we lost 1'n'done Wilson to an actual B10 title contender, despite landing our top QB targets in each of the last 3 classes?

Indiana??? They play sunbelt schools in away games and then lose!

They even fired Bobby knight.

We'll the guy will be saver at Indiana from being run off, given medical scholarship, etc.

• 3 months later...

Now this would be interesting...

Good news keeps coming for Vandy: 5 star QB Gunner Kiel will be back on campus next weekend for official visit with family.

Gunner Kiel is Rivals top QB in nation and is mid-term enrollee. Would be first 5 star football recruit in VU history.

@ClayTravisBGID

Good news keeps coming for Vandy: 5 star QB Gunner Kiel will be back on campus next weekend for official visit with family.

Gunner Kiel is Rivals top QB in nation and is mid-term enrollee. Would be first 5 star football recruit in VU history.

@ClayTravisBGID

That would be awesome! Hope it happens.

• 4 weeks later...

Alabama is not the team in the SEC that makes me wonder how Auburn will compete year to year. Alabama always recruited well, but Auburn (in my 30 years of life) wins more than it loses against them, in spite of the recruiting "stats." LSU, on the other hand, is a relatively new phenomenon. They're starting to scare the hell out of me on a regular basis.

I mean, look at their defense this year. They lose 8 players from the entire defensive rotation (including Morris Claiborne), and they'll have a more mature Anthony Johnson, Brockers, Mingo, and Montgomery starting upfront. Kiel doesn't matter in the short term (and may not matter in the long term for all we know). It just seems like LSU, not Auburn or Alabama or Florida, is the SEC team that reloads as opposed to rebuilding.

Alabama is not the team in the SEC that makes me wonder how Auburn will compete year to year. Alabama always recruited well, but Auburn (in my 30 years of life) wins more than it loses against them, in spite of the recruiting "stats." LSU, on the other hand, is a relatively new phenomenon. They're starting to scare the hell out of me on a regular basis.

I mean, look at their defense this year. They lose 8 players from the entire defensive rotation (including Morris Claiborne), and they'll have a more mature Anthony Johnson, Brockers, Mingo, and Montgomery starting upfront. Kiel doesn't matter in the short term (and may not matter in the long term for all we know). It just seems like LSU, not Auburn or Alabama or Florida, is the SEC team that reloads as opposed to rebuilding.

This! LSU is becoming dangerous. And the Hat has them prepared and is a dang good gameday coach.

• 3 weeks later...

LSU is becoming dangerous. And the Hat has them prepared and is a dang good gameday coach.

Ummmmmm . . . :rolleyes:

Sorry, couldn't resist. On December 28, I'd probably have said the same thing.

@ClayTravisBGID

That is interesting since they also have Pete Smith transferring in from Colorado State and Austyn Carta-Samuels transferring from Wyoming. Big time QB race this fall if Kiel comes on board!!!

@ClayTravisBGID

That is interesting since they also have Pete Smith transferring in from Colorado State and Austyn Carta-Samuels transferring from Wyoming. Big time QB race this fall if Kiel comes on board!!!

I actually think Coach Franklin is going to make Vandy decently competitive. I really like that guy.

Archived