Mark My Word 2011

DaddyBoyAU

It's time again, I waited a little later this year to see what might come out of Suitgate and the Bag Man. As always, I have to give credit to Buck and Kincaid (sports talk radio in Atlanta) for the idea. Here's how it goes:

Make your boldest college football related prediction. Not a wimpy prediction that you know will likely come true (e.g. "Auburn Beats Utah State") or one that many people believe anyway (e.g. "Les Miles is a goner after this season!" (which in fact many believed last season at this time, but obviously didn't happen)), but a prediction that nobody expects to happen. Maybe something that you have a gut feeling about, that defies logical thinking. College Football related of course, could be game outcomes, coach issues, final schedules, etc. But after the season, we can revive this thread and see how our predictions turned out.

A few predictions from last year that were spot on:

Mark my word..... Cam Newton will be in the Heisman talk by game 6 of this year and Auburn will beat Bama in November to win the west! :au:

Mark my words Auburn will be Playing South Carolina for the SEC Title.

My predictions were not so good... Last year's thread

In any case, here are da rules:

No flaming on the thread. If you don't agree with someones Mark My Word prediction and want to tell them how stupid they are, take it to another thread. This is just for predictions. One exception: you may flame someone who makes a wimpy prediction.

Most importantly: you must begin each prediction with "Mark My Word". Because you're sure of it. (And it's in the spirit of the thread.) And you don't have to explain why you believe the way you do (although you can elaborate if you want).

No edits once the season begins (thanks banditmwp) - although I doubt people would change their predictions to match the season, just want to make it clear.

Okay, I'll start...

Mark my word: Auburn and South Carolina meet for the second year in a row for the SEC Championship

Mark my word: Less than 150 total points will be scored against Florida's defense in the regular season this year.

Mark my word: I win the Touchdown Auburn Bowl for the second year in a row!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark my word: The QB that starts the opener will not be the starting QB by the end of the season. (disclaimer: I am not referring to injury, but rather performance)

Mark my word: Auburn gets a win in "Death Valley".

Mark my word: There will be a non-AQ school in the BCS championship game.

side note - should be a rule here that edits are not allowed after a set date.

Mark my word: There will be another Auburn player sitting in the Downtown Athletic Club at the end of the season.

Mark my word... Ladarious Phillips will catch a TD pass in a game decided by 7 pts or less.

Mark my word... Auburn will average over 220yds rushing in conference play.

Mark my word... Barrett Trotter will start at QB and will have a statistically better season than Chris Todd's then-record breaking performance in 2009.

Here were my predictions from last year...

MMW

- AU will start the season 6-0

- Michael Dyer will rush for more yards than Trent Richardson

- Arkansas, Ole Miss and Georgia will all have three losses ... by the end of October. LSU will have 4.

- AUF will roll out two new features before gameday

- You will like them both :big:

Not too bad! Here's my attempt this year...

MMW

- Barrett Trotter will start against Utah State and remain the starter all season (barring injury).

- AU beats South Carolina in Columbia, despite what the experts think.

- Nosa Eguae will be a name you are saying regularly by the end of September.

- Eltoro Freeman will finally live up to all of the hype.

- AU will have atleast 8 wins going into the Iron Bowl.

- AUFAMILY will continue to be the best damn free AU site in all of the land!

MMW:

BYU will find out this year they need to be in a conference in football...any conference

The Heisman winner will not be one of the pre-season favorites

the NCAA will be on every Auburn & Bamzo fan's hate list by season's end (ooooo...what does THAT mean)

Charlie Weiss will be on every Gator fan's hate list by seasons's end

Richt resigns

Miss State will receive no more than a letter of guidance from the NCAA for Cecilgate

TCU goes undefeated regular season

Mark my word:

- Barrett Trotter is our starter all season.

- Ladarious Phillips secures his spot as a fan favorite with his outstanding blocking and scores his first touchdown of the season by the end of the third game.

- Auburn wins the SEC West again this year.

- Alabama goes 10-2 this year, with losses to Arkansas and Auburn.

- Auburn will have at least 2 games this year in which both Dyer and McCalebb rush for 100+ yards.

MMW:

- Auburn will beat LSU in Baton Rouge

- No team in the West will finish with an undefeated conference record

- Benton will have a huge year

Mark My words

Arkansas will win the SEC west.

Georgia will win the SEC East.

Trotter will pass for over 2,000 yards this season.

Trovon Reed and Quan Bray will all be major breakout players.

Phillips will be one of the best FB in the NCAA.

Alabama will lose to Penn State.

Auburn will upset LSU in Baton Rouge breaking the losing streak in Baton Rouge.

Dan Mullen will be job hunting at the end of the season.

Oregon and Wisconsin will play for the national championship meaning this will be the first year the SEC is not represented.

Mark my words... (warning: Bold predictions)

Trovon Reed will be representing Auburn in the Heisman race

Mississippi State will go to Atlanta to represent the west, Flordia the east.

Notre Dame gets screwed out of a chance to play for The Title

Nick Saban gets put on the hot seat.

LSU ties for last with Ole Miss in the SEC West

Tedd Roof is out as defensive coordinator

Mark my words...

Corey Lemonier and Dee Ford will finish the season with a combined 18 sacks. You heard me.

The SEC will make the BCS Title Game, and it will be the sixth different representative of the conference (Hey there Hogs, Cocks, and Dawgs!)

Emory Blake posts the third 1,000 yard receiving season in Auburn history, the first since the immortal Ronney Daniels. You heard me.

Trent Richardson fails to meet the hype (less than 1100 yards), but Bama QBs keep them in the race for the West.

Texas wins the Big 12. That's right. I said it.

The Pac 12 South comes away with the inaugural championship.

Both Neiko Thorpe and T'Sharvan Bell make first or second team All-SEC (at safety and corner, respectively).

Mark My Words:

Utah wins PAC-12 South, Stanford PAC-12 North, Stanford wins inaugural championship. TCU blows out Boise State in their November 12th match-up. Wisconsin and Nebraska play in inaugural championship with Nebraska winning. A&M wins Big 12, Arkansas wins West, Florida East, Arkansas wins championship and wins National Championship against Florida State. Also at the end of this season Nick Saban or Urban Meyer will leave Alabama or ESPN respectively to coach The Ohio State.

Mark my words:

Auburn wins 9 or more games this season and becomes the "pre-season favorite" to win the NC in 2012.

South Carolina wins the East and LSU wins the West in 2011.

The SEC does not have a team in the NC game in 2011 because everyone has 2 or more losses.

Mark my words

Arkansas wins the West to play USCe. Auburn finishes 3rd with LSU in second

Dyer leads the SEC in rushing

Eguae becomes the dominate pass rusher we need to fill Fairley's hole.

Mark My Words:

Dyer and OMac BOTH rush for over 1,000 yards

Trotter passes for over 2,000 yards

Boise State STOMPS UGA goes undefeated to play in BCS Championship game (only b/c they will start being ranked so high)

No SEC rep in BCS championship b/c no team goes undefeated, everyone has at least 2 losses this year.

Mark my words:

-Auburn fields two 1,000 yard rushers

-Dyer has a better season than Lattimore and (an underwhelming) Trent Richardson

-LSU wins the SEC but loses the BCS

-We beat Bama and USCe

-Our defensive line is better than expected

-Trovon Reed and Deangelo Benton will show themselves as ballers

-Bama underachieves (again)

-Barrett Trotter will show enough foot speed to be a threat and keep defenses honest

Mark my words: Oregon will be playing Florida State for the national championship game.

Mark my words: Georgia will win the SEC east, Arkansas will win the SEC west.

Mark my words: Auburn will score 10,000 points this season. 9,000 of them in the Iron bowl after being down by 100.

MMW: An SEC Team will not play for the NC this year. (hate to be a downer but I believe the competition is too close to go undefeated)

MMW: Auburn beats Bama again, resulting in an action by a fan that makes Updyke look like child's play.

MMW: USCe's Garcia will have a mid-season melt down and be benched for the remaining games.

MMW: Alabama will receive a letter from the NCAA sometime during the season.

MMW~~~Auburn/LSU winner represents the SEC West in Atlanta

MMW~~Florida wins the SEC East

MMW~~Barrett Trotter will be a better QB than most of the QB starters at other SEC schools.

MMW~~At some point in the season L. Phillips gets moved to DL without ever playing a meaningful down on offense.

MMW~~The NCAA is a bunch of gutless wimps. Since December when Cam Newton was declared "eligible without condition" there has been no reason for them not to declare Cam and Auburn out of the deal other than.....they know that doing the right thing will create a sh** storm in the media and they are afraid of it. I'm starting to think they will let the situation drag until the 12th of never, never saying it's over and not caring that their silence on the matter keeps doing Auburn damage. We are a dues paying member of the NCAA. They work for us, not the other way around. The gutless wimps should remember that from time to time.

Mark my words: Auburn will score 10,000 points this season. 9,000 of them in the Iron bowl after being down by 100.

:lol: Don't the rules say it's okay to flame a wimpy prediction? :poke:;)

MMW - uat, LSU, and Florida State all lose at least 3 games.

MMW - Oregon plays Oklahoma for the BCS Title

Archived