FSU tonight

Tigermike

Took CT to OT but got crushed by most of the big boys they've played. No consistency yet but I could see them coming around during ACC play so if we can get the W now this could be a quality win for our tournament purposes. I live in Tally and most FSU fans are butthurt when it comes to anything Auburn & are usually loud and show up in numbers against us. We need to get out to an early lead, otherwise it could be a road L.

Date Opponent / Event Location Time

10/31/11 Indiana University of Pennsylvania Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 80-51

11/07/11 vs. Georgia Southwestern Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 86-41

11/11/11 vs. Jacksonville Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 79-67

11/14/11 vs. UCF Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 73-50

11/16/11 vs. Stetson Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 79-66

11/20/11 vs. South Alabama Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 80-39

11/24/11 vs. Massachusetts Paradise Island / The Bahamas W, 73-53

11/25/11 vs. Harvard Paradise Island / The Bahamas L, 46-41

11/26/11 vs. Connecticut Paradise Island / The Bahamas L, 78-76 (OT)

11/30/11 at Michigan State Breslin Center / East Lansing, Mich. L, 65-49

12/05/11 vs. Charleston Southern Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 76-51

12/11/11 vs. UNC Greensboro Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 75-60

12/18/11 vs. Loyola Marymount Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 77-61

12/22/11 at Florida Stephen C. O'Connell Center / Gainesville, Fla. L, 82-64

12/30/11 vs. Princeton Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. L, 75-73

As noted above, this game starts at 5 CT. The printed schedules say 6 CT, but because of football, its been moved up. (4:30 CT pregame show) Game will not be televised, but I believe it'll be broadcasted on the Auburn Athletic site (cost $10 /month to do so).

I was at the game last year, and we joked saying that we were going to check out the new arena, and boy were we surprised to come out with that W! You know they aren't happy at all about that, and I believe 90-95% of that team is back this year. It'll be a tough game in a tough arena, but if we come out and start hot (which we havent all year), this could be ours. Chubb needs to stop playing like a 4th grader, hold on to the ball, and actually make some plays for sure. Frankie and Varez have had a couple of off games lately. Ward scored 0 Monday, and Frankie has been very off shooting-wise lately.

Took CT to OT but got crushed by most of the big boys they've played. No consistency yet but I could see them coming around during ACC play so if we can get the W now this could be a quality win for our tournament purposes. I live in Tally and most FSU fans are butthurt when it comes to anything Auburn & are usually loud and show up in numbers against us. We need to get out to an early lead, otherwise it could be a road L.

Date Opponent / Event Location Time

10/31/11 Indiana University of Pennsylvania Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 80-51

11/07/11 vs. Georgia Southwestern Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 86-41

11/11/11 vs. Jacksonville Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 79-67

11/14/11 vs. UCF Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 73-50

11/16/11 vs. Stetson Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 79-66

11/20/11 vs. South Alabama Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 80-39

11/24/11 vs. Massachusetts Paradise Island / The Bahamas W, 73-53

11/25/11 vs. Harvard Paradise Island / The Bahamas L, 46-41

11/26/11 vs. Connecticut Paradise Island / The Bahamas L, 78-76 (OT)

11/30/11 at Michigan State Breslin Center / East Lansing, Mich. L, 65-49

12/05/11 vs. Charleston Southern Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 76-51

12/11/11 vs. UNC Greensboro Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 75-60

12/18/11 vs. Loyola Marymount Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. W, 77-61

12/22/11 at Florida Stephen C. O'Connell Center / Gainesville, Fla. L, 82-64

12/30/11 vs. Princeton Donald L. Tucker Center / Tallahassee, Fla. L, 75-73

Looks like FSU is in the cellar of the Ivy League after losing to Harvard and Princeton already.

FSU usually struggles to score, but they also seem to always to be big and athletic inside and super tough defensively. (I think they led the nation in FG% percentage defense - and/or other defensive categories - last year.) So far as I can tell, we're still looking for an identity offensively (sound familiar?); hopefully, we'll be able to create some transition opportunities and convert them into easy scores (i.e. layups and open 3's), because points will be tough to come by against their half-court defense.

In a lot of ways, FSU is a model for what (I think) Barbee wants Auburn to be - a team with a hard-nosed mentality that loves to play (and win) on the defensive end.

Auburn can't take care of the ball early. fsu is hitting everything they throw at the basket it seems... 11:55 to play first half, 19-5 felony state.

50-16 at half. We can't do crap on either side of the ball. FSU can chunk it from the opposite free throw line and make it. I'm baffled at how bad this is. It's embarrasing.

Final- 85-56. Not pretty. Get's tougher too. Saturday @Vandy, then Kentucky @ home. War Eagle anyways...

Not encouraging going into conference play. This team has talent, hopefully they'll gel soon.

I am convinced until Barbee gets good talent we are a year or two away.

That is a bad very bad loss.

• 2 weeks later...

1/14/12: FSU just thumped #3 UNC 90-57....Maybe FSU was better than their 8-5 record indicates.

NC seemed to fold too. The FSU crowd were typical idiots rushing the floor at games end. They actually put subs in for NC and the other NC players left to avoid injuries and incidents.

1/14/12: FSU just thumped #3 UNC 90-57....Maybe FSU was better than their 8-5 record indicates.

Follow up to your follow up: Seton Hall is 15-3 overall, 4-2 in the Big East, with victories over UConn and WVa. Their two Big East losses are to #1 Syracuse and . . . USF. Go figure.

Archived