Cordarrelle Patterson

Tigermike

Why on earth would any kid coming out of JUCO with limited time left choose that dumpster fire?

To be fair; if I'm a JUCO receiver trying to get to the NFL the choice between Tyler Bray and whoever we end up starting is pretty night and day. I think UGA made the most sense; but Tennessee has a strong QB coming back as well as talent at WR to divert attention from him.

Why on earth would any kid coming out of JUCO with limited time left choose that dumpster fire?

To be fair; if I'm a JUCO receiver trying to get to the NFL the choice between Tyler Bray and whoever we end up starting is pretty night and day. I think UGA made the most sense; but Tennessee has a strong QB coming back as well as talent at WR to divert attention from him.

I agree. That's why I firmly believed he'd end up a DullDawg. Dooley worked alil magic in Patterson's ear, I reckon. Still Tyler Bray or Peyton Manning, Tennessee only has one football to go around between Hunter, Rogers, and now Patterson.

I wasn't questioning why he didn't come here. I was questioning why a 4 or 5-star JUCO WR would choose Tennessee over numerous other options where the program isn't a complete bomb crater. Georgia, Arkansas, Oklahoma, LSU...all of these schools offered him besides Auburn. And any one of them would have been a 100 times better than UT.

He may have felt he'd get more playing time at UT and perhaps a shot at going pro after one season. His best hope is to look good on a losing team that may have a new coaching staff this time next year.

He may have felt he'd get more playing time at UT and perhaps a shot at going pro after one season. His best hope is to look good on a losing team that may have a new coaching staff this time next year.

You think he's betting on Peyton going there next year?

Archived