Open spots?

irontiger

CGC said in his recruiting analysis that Auburn has a couple of spots that we are holding open, and may sign a couple more. Outside of the obvious (Diggs and Diamond) are there any JUCO possibilities that we might be looking at that are out there. I am not a big fan of signing JUCO guys, but they have worked out in the past (See Cam). I don't think you should ever sign a JUCO guy that won't come in and contribute immediately, so I was just wondering if there are any out there that could help in areas of need for the 2012 team? Every once in a while there is a kid who was not offered because they don't think he will make grades, but then qualifies at the last minute. The new signing rules make it very difficult. There is really no room for error. Class ranking should not come out until everyone is on campus in school. If you sign a kid with your 25 and he does not qualify it is a much bigger hit with 25 max. It eliminates the sign and place kids. Some of these highly ranked classes could take a hit if some guys don't qualify. I am sure there may even be a few of ours that we have to watch. Seniors tend to let up a little their last semester in high school.

I think they really like Juco to early entree to be able to go through spring practice. If they are not able to do that it makes them less attractive. See Will Latu

I agree that they would want someone to be in school already. In some cases though cant't a JUCO player leave after one year in junior college if they are in good academic standing. Sometimes some really good players, not so good students have to go that route. To be honest if our needs have been met I would prefer using left overs as back fills next year if there is a big 2013 class out there to be had.

I agree that they would want someone to be in school already. In some cases though cant't a JUCO player leave after one year in junior college if they are in good academic standing. Sometimes some really good players, not so good students have to go that route. To be honest if our needs have been met I would prefer using left overs as back fills next year if there is a big 2013 class out there to be had.

The rule is if you did not qualify out of high school you must graduate from JUCO in order to enroll to play at a 4 year school. So, if the kids plays two seasons and graduates in 1 1/2 years he can enroll in January.

Archived