2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Saban ever signed a player that got a season ending injury their senior year of HS? To me it's a no brainer if the kid is going to rehab and be ready in a few months, but it seems like Saban drops players for stuff like this.

Has Saban ever signed a player that got a season ending injury their senior year of HS? To me it's a no brainer if the kid is going to rehab and be ready in a few months, but it seems like Saban drops players for stuff like this.

Nothinbg to Rehab. Roc had a mils concussion 2 Fridays ago. He came back last Friday and had a great game.

Saw Roc had 199 yards last week in the loss. Nice game for him. His coach was quoted as saying, "If we could just get 4 quarters from Roc, I think we would win both the first 2 games". Roc had over 140 yds in the 1st quarter last week against Clay who is rated #2 in 6A. The coach also mentioned that Roc's injury is his ankle.

I just hope they let him get the ankle 100%. The coach said he was trying to run on the injured ankle. This scares me a little.

Saw Roc had 199 yards last week in the loss. Nice game for him. His coach was quoted as saying, "If we could just get 4 quarters from Roc, I think we would win both the first 2 games". Roc had over 140 yds in the 1st quarter last week against Clay who is rated #2 in 6A. The coach also mentioned that Roc's injury is his ankle.

I just hope they let him get the ankle 100%. The coach said he was trying to run on the injured ankle. This scares me a little.

Got a link so I can read and post the stats in the commit stats thread?

E, sorry. I went to AL.com and searched for both Oxford and Roc Thomas and found it that way. I will see if I can find it again.

E, sorry. I went to AL.com and searched for both Oxford and Roc Thomas and found it that way. I will see if I can find it again.

E, a lot of what I read can be seen here. The stuff on his ankle came from a video I watched from AL.com by looking up Oxford HS in sports.

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/-7235405322494510501/football-no-2-clay-chalkville-scores-final-23-points-in-its-37-27-win-against-oxford-photos/#/0

Bump for an injury update, etc.. I hope he came out of this game without hurting himself more. He has been playing hurt all year.

Oxford tailback Racean Thomas only carried the ball six times for 7 yards after injuring his ankle last week. Herring said Thomas was only “50 percent.”

Read more: Anniston Star - Defense Gamble s big play gives Oxford its first win

Shouldn't have played him if he was only 50%

I know Roc wants to help his team, but I really hope this doesn't hurt his career. As good as Dyer was, he clearly favored one of his knees on some of those long TD runs he had. Some have even suggested that he could have been so much better if he wouldn't had injured that knee his Junior season. Lets hope that we get a 100% healthy Roc Thomas on the plains!

Yeah, I'm not really digging the Oxford coaching staff.

I am very concerned that Roc may seriously hurt himself by trying to go when he shoulld be sitting down and gettting well.

Uh, isn't it a violent game?

Yes, and a certain number of injuries are normal. So far this year, the players committed to AU have suffered way, WAY more injuries than would normally be expected. No, I don't think there's a conspiracy of some sort, but it's getting annoying to say the least.

When you promise that we won't go after anymore RBs.... Yes it's annoying after every highschool game played its a completely different injury. Wish these boys well and prayers for all these young kids putting thr body on the line every week

Archived