Derrick Green

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So from what i've been reading if Bryant takes another visit to AU we will more than likely flip him?

Not more than likely.  It would be a good sign.  I feel confident that we will get another visit. 

Green is visiting Ole Miss today. 

I read that he canceled his Ole Miss Sunday trip so he and his mom could spend another day in Auburn. Was that a lie?

1265459.jpg

AuburnSport.com photo

Derrick Green, RB

Richmond, VA

6'0 / 215 / 4.4

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Boston College, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Miami (Fl.), Michigan, Mississippi, Mississippi State, North Carolina, NC State, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, South Carolina, Tennessee, UCLA, USC, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin, among others.

247Sports: 4* (the247 - No. 123)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN150 - No. 54)

Rivals: 5* (Rivals100 - No. 12)

Scout: 4*

A powerful running back who can blow through arm tackles and typically takes more than one defender to bring him down, Green has surprisingly quick feet for his size. He can clear traffic between the tackles, not getting tripped up because of his good balance. Not a conventional breakaway threat because of raw speed, but gets his share of long runs after breaking tackles at the line of scrimmage. Needs to catch more consistently.

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=5577351

I read that he canceled his Ole Miss Sunday trip so he and his mom could spend another day in Auburn. Was that a lie?

He was supposed to be at Ole Miss Sunday, pushed it back a day to stay in Auburn the extra time. Both statements are true in the right context.

I like him but a good bit of what Hoke has reported on that type stuff this week has been off. As he was wrong on Dye visiting yesterday.

He was supposed to be at Ole Miss Sunday, pushed it back a day to stay in Auburn the extra time. Both statements are true in the right context.

He left Auburn yesterday and is visiting Ole Miss now per BMatt.

In Green's interview on Rivals, he says that Chizik is a great guy and that he loves the school, the campus, and everything overall.  He said he had a great time.  He also said that he is definitely going back, no question about it

Personally, I think that Chizik is rubbing off on him in a very positive way.  Am I the only one that thinks that by him say "no question about it" was a cryptic way of saying he is ALL IN? Because we all know that our beloved Coach Chizik says those exact word. That is just food for though but... What if?

War Doggone Eagle!

The more I hear Chizik's name mentioned by recruits the better. He is fine with his assistants getting all the props, but from a perception perspective I wish Chizik was mentioned more.

War Eagle !

CTT said CGC was the man he always wanted in a player's living room to close the deal. BTW, he said this after CGC was hired at AU.

If that's true, then why didn't TT fire his DC and hire Chizik away from Iowa State.

C'mon man.  You think Tubby was going to hire Chizik back (after he was already a DC at Auburn once) from a HC position to be a DC at Auburn again?!?  banghead.gif

Does anybody else see green being 10x the college back of bryant jr?

I personally like Green better, but others on here feel that Bryant is the best back around.  To me Green ran great behind his pads and was always falling forward against what looked like some tough competition.  He was ten yards down the field before they even knew he had the ball.  In Bryant's film I left questioning his competition, but have no clue about either one of their high schools and who they compete against.  Give me Green, but that is just my humble opinion.

That's what I said...

I personally like Green better, but others on here feel that Bryant is the best back around.  To me Green ran great behind his pads and was always falling forward against what looked like some tough competition.  He was ten yards down the field before they even knew he had the ball.  In Bryant's film I left questioning his competition, but have no clue about either one of their high schools and who they compete against.  Give me Green, but that is just my humble opinion.

American Heritage(Bryant) is a school around my high school i graduated from. Before they added the 7a and 8a classes, Heritage was a 2a school who made it to/won states every year when I was in high school. I'm pretty sure they don't play glades central or pahokee, the powerhouses. Except for those teams, the 1a,2a,3a was usually somewhat weak. Though, they have sent kids to Michigan and other schools and their football team has built a program the past few years.

If that's true, then why didn't TT fire his DC and hire Chizik away from Iowa State.

C'mon man.  You think Tubby was going to hire Chizik back (after he was already a DC at Auburn once) from a HC position to be a DC at Auburn again?!?  banghead.gif

Also, Tubbs had a great DC here during is last year in Paul Rhoads.  :rolleyes:

That's what I said...

:laugh: It went full circle.

That's what I said...

No. Pushing it back a day would have been Monday because he was always scheduled to go to Ole Miss today/Sunday. Hoke was wrong when he said Green would not visit Ole Miss. His plans were never pushed back.

Carl Lawson is on the case now.

Carl ‏@CarlCarltp

new priority to add to my list......BRING DERRICK GREEN to AU. WDE

Bryant's better than Green in my opinion....

but I would be stoked to have either one.

Now that I think about it, Bryant's running style reminds me of Mike Blakely and Green reminds me of Jovon Robinson if we had to pick two guys on the current roster to compare them to.

Bryant's better than Green in my opinion....

but I would be stoked to have either one.

Now that I think about it, Bryant's running style reminds me of Mike Blakely and Green reminds me of Jovon Robinson if we had to pick two guys on the current roster to compare them to.

Bryant just doesn't impress me as much as I thought.  Looks to easy, too smooth for him...like his oline is really really good.  I like seeing Green's energy and fight.  He plays like an Auburn back from CTT's days...gets those knees high, chops his legs, twists and turns through tackles to get extra yards.  My comparison would be Bryant=Dyer and Green=Lattimore.  But I don't think either current recruit is quite as talented as the latter.

Nevermind about the "no question about it" quote from Green.  He said that on the ole miss rivals page too about Ole miss. I need consoling now

Archived