Derrick Green

RunInRed

Anyone know how Auburn is looking right now with Derrick Green?

No. Have not heard much since the coaching change.

I was about to ask the same thing E. Wrong thread I know but are DG and/or GB (lazy way to ask about GB) still possible?

Bryant dropped Auburn right after Gus was hired. Have not heard anything on Green. It looks like Gus wants Jonathan Ford

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was about to ask the same thing E. Wrong thread I know but are DG and/or GB (lazy way to ask about GB) still possible?

Bryant dropped Auburn right after Gus was hired. Have not heard anything on Green. It looks like Gus wants Jonathan Ford

Bryant committed to ND the other day... don't think we have much of a shot there...

Bryant committed to ND the other day... don't think we have much of a shot there...

He dropped Auburn a few days before committing to ND, like an hour after Gus was hired.

He dropped Auburn a few days before committing to ND, like an hour after Gus was hired.

Sorry, i didnt' meant to quote you. Was trying to respond to the question above yours.

Sorry, i didnt' meant to quote you. Was trying to respond to the question above yours.

Gotcha :cool:

Derrick Green has repeatedly said that he feels like he thinks he can compete with anyone.

From our side with Cam Artis-Payne being Juco, Tre Mason JR, Corey Grant JR, and the likelihood of Wilkins redshirting for size/ injury recovery, there is no reason not to take another back. In two years we are going to have two RBs on roster

Plus we're getting Jovon back...maybe

given the circumstances for him no longer being on the team....i highly doubt that's even a remote posibility

The chances are not great but not remote either.

given the circumstances for him no longer being on the team....i highly doubt that's even a remote posibility

Either way it seems like a bad idea. We may have not done anything wrong and neither did he, but considering the issues caused by it all it seems like a bad idea.

Either way it seems like a bad idea. We may have not done anything wrong and neither did he, but considering the issues caused by it all it seems like a bad idea.

Based on how Gus washed his hands from the previous regime that is probably very likely.

So, 50/50? ;D

Arriva Durci...We got the JUCO kid so I will not PANIC!!! I would like another RB.

@JHokanson

Auburn visited Hermitage (Va.) 5-star RB Derrick Green tonight. The latest

He is my fave of all the HS backs. He could be the All-American that Dyer should have been. Dyer....what a waste!

@JHokanson

He is my fave of all the HS backs. He could be the All-American that Dyer should have been. Dyer....what a waste!

jrljr I don't like your comment. Yes he blew several opportunities, but he still has his whole life ahead of him. Things could still turn out great for him, even without Auburn and possibly football. God bless him.

@JHokanson

jrljr I don't like your comment. Yes he blew several opportunities, but he still has his whole life ahead of him. Things could still turn out great for him, even without Auburn and possibly football. God bless him.

To complete the thread hijack, there's a good story about Mike here. Sounds like he's working hard to get back on track.

That said, I agree with jrljr about Green. Would love to see him in orange and blue!

:wareagle:

@JHokanson

I don't think that is what he meant. Knowing the way jrjlr posts, my guess is he meant, " what a waste! " (of talent on the football field). This is true.

Can you call a player that broke Bo Jackson's freshman rushing record, was national championship MVP, and ran for over 1000 yards his freshman and sophomore years a "waste" of anything on the field?

Can you call a player that broke Bo Jackson's freshman rushing record, was national championship MVP, and ran for over 1000 yards his freshman and sophomore years a "waste" of anything on the field?

Fo Auburn? No,,,For himself to this point? Yes

If that was all his goals were then no. But if he had higher goals like breaking career records at AU or the NCAA and going first round in the draft then YES.

Considering that, had he kept his head screwed on straight, he could well have broken a lot more records in his time here, you can say that his last two seasons have been a waste, at least with regard to playing football.

Archived