Derrick Green

RunInRed

Yet another 5* plays Auburn for a fool. Makes me feel pretty bad about all the other top recruits that everyone seems to "like our chances with". We are officially becoming the team that the top recruits just enjoy to mess with. Hopefully Gus will get us back to prominence...He needs a full year to recruit for sure.

Every "insider" predicted him to go to Michigan. There really wasn't much surprise here.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How were we played for a fool? Kids have to narrow down their choices and we happened to be one of his. I don't see anything wrong with that. We had our chances and he just chose somewhere else. With media coverage and every top player wanting to make his decision a public spectacle, this will happen more often than not. I am happy that we are in the running for top talent.

Yet another 5* plays Auburn for a fool. Makes me feel pretty bad about all the other top recruits that everyone seems to "like our chances with". We are officially becoming the team that the top recruits just enjoy to mess with. Hopefully Gus will get us back to prominence...He needs a full year to recruit for sure.

You gotta be joking right? We went 3-9 last season, we fired our whole coaching staff about a month ago, and we lost our RB coach this past past week. We did not get played, I'd say we were lucky enough to have an Auburn hat on the table.

"Plays Auburn for a fool", do you understand recruiting?? It came down to Michigan and Auburn, and he picked a school with a very rich tradition. Not a slight against us. Best wishes to the kid.

Very unclassy of him to pick up the Vols hat and put it back down again for his "show". These kids think their decision is going to rock the world and try to make too much of it.

Very unclassy of him to pick up the Vols hat and put it back down again for his "show". These kids think their decision is going to rock the world and try to make too much of it.

Obviously you havent seen many "college selections" lol

About the hats....Are those hats given to him on recruiting trips or does he have to buy them himself?

If they were given to him, we really should be giving out better hats. Is the athletic director in charge of that or the head coach? If it is the head coach, was Gus allowed to give him a new one when he was hired? If it is the athletic director, is this finally the straw that breaks the camel's back?

Cmon man. it is 18 year old kid enjoying the spotlight. Nothing wrong with it. Let him be a kid. Do you expect him to act like a 40 year old man.

Obviously you havent seen many "college selections" lol

Like when Lattimore picked up an Auburn hat and pulled out a South Carolina hat from underneath.

I'm almost sure a good quality hat would violate NCAA rules ...an impermissible gift.

Ive seen lots of announcements, the worst being crowell bringing a freakin dog on stage. There is a right and a wrong way to do things. More and more now days are going too far away from respectfully taking care of business. Its the fans fault for making these kids feel like they have to do these over the top or disrescetful announcements.

Man some of yall need to relax. No one should be upset or shocked. This has been coming for awhile. And how the heck is picking up a hat then putting it down disrespectful? Some of yall dont need to be here come signing day cuz u might lose your mind haha

I promise there would be a different feeling on here had he picked up the au hat and tossed it aside. Anyways Im not gonna argue about all that is wrong with recruiting these days.

Oh well, Good luck to him and his future.

Ive seen lots of announcements, the worst being crowell bringing a freakin dog on stage. There is a right and a wrong way to do things. More and more now days are going too far away from respectfully taking care of business. Its the fans fault for making these kids feel like they have to do these over the top or disrescetful announcements.

Your observations about being respectful may get more attention if your screen name didnt have "suck it" in the title.

Your observations about being respectful may get more attention if your screen name didnt have "suck it" in the title.

LOL. good point there John.

I am late to the announcement but my world didn't get shocked so I assume he did just what everyone in the world thought he would do. Ok I checked and I was right. Maybe his world is one of those globes that light up and what he really meant is that it had a short in it.

Archived