Welcoming Auburn Eagle to AUFAMILY

RunInRed

My info doesn't seem to have made it over from AE. I had come to this site once before and signed in with FB, so I used that, but it would be nice to have my post counts from AE.

My info also did NOT carry over! Is there any way I can retrieve my info from AE? I'm "supersonicfame."

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the welcome. This site is nice -- but I'm one of those who likes change (Air Force brat, so I got used to it growing up).

Messed around yesterday quite a bit, just trying to get oriented. As far as I can tell, the major differences in 'attitude' at AUFamily and AE boil down to a couple of things:

1) It's generally a little looser over here.

• AUFamily allows rival fans; AE flushed all that were discovered upon discovery.
  • AUFamily allows more discussion of negatives; AE was sunshine-pumper friendly (full disclosure -- I'm definitely a sunshine-pumper).
  • AUFamily Mods (it seems from what I have read) are less likely to ban members than AE Mods.
  • AUFamily has not yet branded Weegs, allowing him to keep the 'Members-Media Access' tag (not sure what that means); AE (Bird) branded him 'BarryManiWeegs' for life over there.

2) On the other hand, there are a couple of ways in which it is stricter over here.

• The most interesting way in which AUFamily appears to be stricter is in terms of posting info. It seems that AUFamily requires a link to info, or at least strongly encourages it. At AE, on the other hand, there were many fairly well known (on the board) insiders who were trusted to bring what they had to the board. Since it was "inside" info, obviously there was no link. (This, frankly, is my biggest worry about the merger -- I don't want to lose the "inside scoop" AE provided.)
  • This one is counter-intuitive, but the fact that AUFamily is looser actually requires us to be more willing to police ourselves than AE did. Whereas at AE, one could always count on the Mods to step in (which in some ways was comforting), here we will have to fend for ourselves. The added freedom here comes with added responsiblity.

Would be interested to hear others' thoughts on these observations. Again, thanks for the welcome! AUFamily looks great, so far.

:we:

Thanks for the welcome. This site is nice -- but I'm one of those who likes change (Air Force brat, so I got used to it growing up).

Messed around yesterday quite a bit, just trying to get oriented. As far as I can tell, the major differences in 'attitude' at AUFamily and AE boil down to a couple of things:

• AUFamily allows rival fans; AE flushed all that were discovered upon discovery.
  • AUFamily allows more discussion of negatives; AE was sunshine-pumper friendly (full disclosure -- I'm definitely a sunshine-pumper).
  • AUFamily Mods (it seems from what I have read) are less likely to ban members than AE Mods.
  • AUFamily has not yet branded Weegs, allowing him to keep the 'Members-Media Access' tag (not sure what that means); AE (Bird) branded him 'BarryManiWeegs' for life over there.

2) On the other hand, there are a couple of ways in which it is stricter over here.

• The most interesting way in which AUFamily appears to be stricter is in terms of posting info. It seems that AUFamily requires a link to info, or at least strongly encourages it. At AE, on the other hand, there were many fairly well known (on the board) insiders who were trusted to bring what they had to the board. Since it was "inside" info, obviously there was no link. (This, frankly, is my biggest worry about the merger -- I don't want to lose the "inside scoop" AE provided.)
  • This one is counter-intuitive, but the fact that AUFamily is looser actually requires us to be more willing to police ourselves than AE did. Whereas at AE, one could always count on the Mods to step in (which in some ways was comforting), here we will have to fend for ourselves. The added freedom here comes with added responsiblity.

Would be interested to hear others' thoughts on these observations. Again, thanks for the welcome! AUFamily looks great, so far.

nanana.gif

nanana.gif

:laugh:

My info doesn't seem to have made it over from AE. I had come to this site once before and signed in with FB, so I used that, but it would be nice to have my post counts from AE.

My info also did NOT carry over! Is there any way I can retrieve my info from AE? I'm "supersonicfame."

Fixed. :)

AUFamily has not yet branded Weegs, allowing him to keep the 'Members-Media Access' tag (not sure what that means);AE (Bird) branded him 'BarryManiWeegs' for life over there.

All it means is the member has access to the Gallery and is allowed to upload photos. To obtain this access, a minimum post count of 100 much be reached.

The most interesting way in which AUFamily appears to be stricter is in terms of posting info. It seems that AUFamily requires a link to info, or at least strongly encourages it. At AE, on the other hand, there were many fairly well known (on the board) insiders who were trusted to bring what they had to the board. Since it was "inside" info, obviously there was no link. (This, frankly, is my biggest worry about the merger -- I don't want to lose the "inside scoop" AE provided.)

There is no intent to limit any 'inside scoop' - the more the merrier! We just can't have inside scoop be a summary of what is posted on other premium sites, etc.

I think time will ease any concern you have on this issue.

Again, welcome all and War Eagle!

AUFamily has not yet branded Weegs, allowing him to keep the 'Members-Media Access' tag (not sure what that means);AE (Bird) branded him 'BarryManiWeegs' for life over there.

All it means is the member has access to the Gallery and is allowed to upload photos. To obtain this access, a minimum post count of 100 much be reached.

The most interesting way in which AUFamily appears to be stricter is in terms of posting info. It seems that AUFamily requires a link to info, or at least strongly encourages it. At AE, on the other hand, there were many fairly well known (on the board) insiders who were trusted to bring what they had to the board. Since it was "inside" info, obviously there was no link. (This, frankly, is my biggest worry about the merger -- I don't want to lose the "inside scoop" AE provided.)

There is no intent to limit any 'inside scoop' - the more the merrier! We just can't have inside scoop be a summary of what is posted on other premium sites, etc.

I think time will ease any concern you have on this issue.

Again, welcome all and War Eagle!

Thanks! I feel welcome here. Nice to see some familiar avatars, but it's also fun to meet new folks!

War Eagle! Just got able to log in, looking forward to to see how the change works out. The only thing that worries me is allowing fans from other schools mainly across the state, if I wanted to here there take I would simply go to AL.com. I hope it is not quite like al.com but i am open to see how it works.

War Eagle! Just got able to log in, looking forward to to see how the change works out. The only thing that worries me is allowing fans from other schools mainly across the state, if I wanted to here there take I would simply go to AL.com. I hope it is not quite like al.com but i am open to see how it works.

Not even close to that level of turdness. Don't concern yourself with that. If it bothers you, there is an ignore function that allows you to ignore posts from members of your choosing.

I don't think I've seen a one since I've been here. Spent most of last night and all day here (off and on) trying to get my bearings. Really, seems a lot like AE.

By the way is there any way to get rid of the long number behind my name?

PM one of the AUFam Admins -- they've been very responsive to requests like this.

Wow they contacted me first so hopefully I can get Tiger4life25 atleast, I did notice that the person with Tiger4life has been a member since 09 with zero post. Oh well no big deal it just needs to be something I can remember.

Wow they contacted me first so hopefully I can get Tiger4life25 atleast, I did notice that the person with Tiger4life has been a member since 09 with zero post. Oh well no big deal it just needs to be something I can remember.

Done. :)

I didn't post much but was an avid reader of auburneagle. This new sight is blocked at work while auburneagle was not. Oh well, I guess I'll have to focus more on my job now. :-(

I didn't post much but was an avid reader of auburneagle. This new sight is blocked at work while auburneagle was not. Oh well, I guess I'll have to focus more on my job now. :-(

I think I read earlier somone said you could access the new site via AE. I haven't tried it. But I remember they said something like 'thanks for leaving it so I can get to it by AE, since AUFam is blocked at work'.

Now your employer will be unhappy again.

I think I read earlier somone said you could access the new site via AE. I haven't tried it. But I remember they said something like 'thanks for leaving it so I can get to it by AE, since AUFam is blocked at work'.

^^ This. You should be redirected automatically when you sign into AE.

^^ This. You should be redirected automatically when you sign into AE.

Thanks, but that doesn't work either. I already tried it. My employer is the DoD/US Government and they list AUFamily as a "game" and therefore will not allow it to load. I guess I'll just have to catch up when I'm at home. :dunno:

I miss the Auburn Eagle site very much!

I miss the Auburn Eagle site very much!

I've always thought home is where the people are (not the place). I've found most all of the AE folks over here, plus some new friends. It's really very similar, given the members here.

The AE site was great. This is an improvement, in my opinion.

Archived