Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

My name is Clive. Grew up in Elba, AL. My father attended and graduated from 'ole API after WWII on the GI Bill. Thanks dad! I graduated from a smaller, closer to home college. Thanks dad! I have spent the last appr 30 yrs in NW Louisiana " rebuking the blasphemers". Personal observation: LSU fans have two things in common with bammers. First, a loss is always blamed on a combination of poor officiating and their better athletes that underperformed. (NEVER will they give any credit to a team that actually spanks them.) Secondly, they lack objectivity about almost all topics.  My first AU Football Game was a season home opener against the Moccasins from Chattanooga in the early sixties. Thanks dad. Great memories from the Gator Bowl trip, Pat & Terry led Tigers vs Ole Miss led by a cast wearing Archie Manning. Thanks dad. Several others along the way. Was invited by some dear bammer neighbors to attend the Punt Bama Punt Iron Bowl. Awesome. Thanks Dad for letting me go. Man, I miss my dad.

My mama used to bake cookies and send them to some of the players. This was around the time back when Lionel ' Little Train' James was playing. Man, I miss my mama too. She hated the other schools and their fans!

Wow a realist. ;) Welcome and War Eagle my friend. :we:

• 1 month later...

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My name is Harvey.  Born in Greenville, MS, grew up in Sledge, MS, graduated AU in 1964.  I am retired from MS Dept. of Corrections IT  dept. now living in Sarasota, FL.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Raleigh, NC and graduated from Auburn in 1965.  I recently was on a cruise and had on a Auburn tee when I heard "War Eagle".  There were 2,800 passangers from all over the world but as I have always heard anywhere you go, there will be another Was Eagle.  We found several that day.

Welcome to AE alicerj.

You grad. right before the Sidle and Fredrickson years I believe. You should check the oldest AE member thread in General Chat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, all.

I went to Auburn off and on for about 13 years, but at least I did manage to get a bachelor's and master's out of the deal. Graduated in '99 and '04, respectively. I was never a college football fan until I went to Auburn (was always more of an NFL fan).

Now, I'm living in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado with my wife (got her master's and doctorate from AU) and our 8-year old daughter. It's cute watching the Colorado/Colorado St. "rivalry" out here.  :laugh:

I'm Allen Holman. Born in York Al. My dad graduated from Auburn back in '34. My brother, who by the way was editor of the Plainsman in '76 and was also a Spade, graduated in '76. I caught the 3 'CO' disease while at Auburn-college football, coeds, and cold beer. And not necessarily in that order. So I didn't attain the heights of the older brother. But I did graduate in '83. Currently am married with 3 children and live in Nederland, Tx

I was a Beta for all you frat boys out there.

I'm Allen Holman. Born in York Al. My dad graduated from Auburn back in '34. My brother, who by the way was editor of the Plainsman in '76 and was also a Spade, graduated in '76. I caught the 3 'CO' disease while at Auburn-college football, coeds, and cold beer. And not necessarily in that order. So I didn't attain the heights of the older brother. But I did graduate in '83. Currently am married with 3 children and live in Nederland, Tx

That explains alot how you caught the 3 C's aubie....... j/k j/k

That explains alot how you caught the 3 C's aubie....... j/k j/k

LOL. Tis true, Tis true.

<-- Nic from Albany, GA.  Unfortunately I never went to AU, or any college for that matter.  I wasn't exactly the one who had his priorities straight after high school  :laugh:.

That being said I had a couple of people from back then who were big AU fans and it kind of just rubbed off on me over time and the rest as they say, is history.

Thanks guys, I'll definitely try and post a good bit but I have a habit of being more of a lurker.  Hopefully I can break out of my shell with the AE crowd though.

I'm Al, live in Chattanooga where I'm a pharmacist in a nuclear lab.  Graduated from Auburn in 1981, parents both graduated from Auburn, as have a son and a nephew.  Counting my years in school, I've had season tickets since 1977.  I'm currently on Auburn's Athletic Advisory Council, and am a life member of the Alumni Association and a member of the Samford Society.  Love Auburn!!

Just wanted to add my story,just jumped on board this great site today. Long story short,my mother graduated from AU and her AU bloood just drained into the rest of us. I went to AU 2000-2003, some things came up that forced me to come back to Mobile. Finshed school at West Florida(small school in Pensacola), still reside in Mobile and im a GIS ANALYST for the city. Im excited to be here and WAR EAGLE!!!!! :wareagle:

Wow. Just found this thread, but my name is Matthew, and I live in Albany, GA. I first got attracted to AU because of the colors, and when you're 5 blue goes great with anything. I am, I guess what you would call the black sheep in my family. The rest of my family members are thUGA fans. They like the braves, I like the dodgers. I am a huge sports fan, and I love to have a good discussion about anything AU. Just from experience, the members of this site are great( even Golf) and this is the best AU sports site on the net. :we:

Wow. Just found this thread, but my name is Matthew, and I live in Albany, GA. I first got attracted to AU because of the colors, and when you're 5 blue goes great with anything. I am, I guess what you would call the black sheep in my family. The rest of my family members are thUGA fans. They like the braves, I like the dodgers. I am a huge sports fan, and I love to have a good discussion about anything AU. Just from experience, the members of this site are great( even Golf) and this is the best AU sports site on the net. :we:

Well that explains alot live in god forsaken Albany. Oh and by the way you can leave anytime you want to ............pleaseeeeee

Archived