Seastrunk from LSU Board

AUSportTalk

Say what you want guys, but that relationship he has with Aub's recruiting coordinator is strong. I also realize recruits always say wonderful things after a visit but some of the things Seastrunk said about Auburn is revealing.

I think Auburn has no shot at Reed but it sure as hell seem like from some of the quotes that Seastrunk is trying to sell Auburn to the #2 RB Marcus Lattimore from SC

Seastrunk on Auburn;

“They treated me like a family and that is what I am looking for,” Seastrunk tells Inside the Auburn Tigers. “I want to find a place where my mama feels comfortable letting me go to college because I am her baby. I am the only thing she has left.”“I don’t know if they planned it, but when I got to Auburn they had everything listed for me about how they will use me, how they will work with me and I have never experienced this anywhere else,” Seastrunk notes. “I have been USC and a lot of other places and I can tell you the experience in Auburn is amazing.

“They haven’t lied to me or my mom,” he adds. “They have been straight honest with me. Auburn has an offensive coordinator (Gus Malzahn) who has worked with Darren McFadden. Auburn is a college that produced runners like Bo Jackson. They know their stuff. They know exactly what they need to do to get you where you need to be.”

Seastrunk checked out the Heisman trophies won by Jackson and Pat Sullivan and has dreams of winning one himself.

“You know, McFadden finished second as a freshman for the Heisman Trophy (with Gus Malzahn as the offensive coordinator),” Seastrunk says. “I don’t care what anybody says. I am going to win it. It is in my heart. God gave me some unique ability and I am going to use it to the best of my ability. It is just a blessing to have an opportunity to play football."

The running back watched Auburn scrimmage on Saturday and toured the facilities. He says from watching the Tigers in action that he believes he would fit in nicely with Malzahn’s offense and the team.

“I got a chance to meet some of the players and they were really nice to me,” he says. “They were really cool.”

Seastrunk points out that he and another prospect making an unofficial visit to Auburn this weekend, wide receiver Trovon Reed, are interested in attending college together. Seastrunk says that Reed is high on the Tigers, too. “Trovon, he’s my half-brother, and I love him to death. It doesn’t matter where we go, we are going to be successful. We both really love it at Auburn,” he says.

The running back is being recruited for the Tigers by Curtis Luper, whose father is a minister in Temple, Tex., and knows Seastrunk well.

“He is my pastor and he is a great guy,” Seastrunk says. “Knowing his son is at Auburn and that he is a God-fearing guy makes it even better. I know Coach Luper has the spirit of God in him and God has gotten me to where I am today.”

Seastrunk also notes that he enjoyed spending time with Auburn’s new head coach, Gene Chizik. “It was amazing talking to him,” he says. “He knows that they have a great chance at me. I enjoyed myself at Auburn and I could see myself going to college there.

I saw that posted somewhere the other day and my jaw dropped.  It is great to hear something like that coming from an LSU board because those guys are usually so arrogant and think they can't miss on anybody that they want.  It's almost as bad as the crap you see posted on the bSol board.  I think they are realizing that we have a great shot at this guy and can't find a way to spin it, even with those ugly purple and yellow sunglasses on.

SportsTalk, Can you provide a link to where you found this? As in the specific page you found the post.

grfsg,

You can find this post at tigerdroppings.com, recruiting board -- in their archives.  This was written after Lache's April visit to Auburn, when he had such a good time and said so many good things afterwards.  Not new news.

The thread that White Tiger is talking about is on tigerdroppings.com, and is about Tony Hurd Jr. They are sucking up hard to Seastrunk's aunt. Just FYI,... in case anyone wanted to sign up there, and butter her up from the Auburn side  ;)

The thread that White Tiger is talking about is on tigerdroppings.com, and is about Tony Hurd Jr. They are sucking up hard to Seastrunk's aunt. Just FYI,... in case anyone wanted to sign up there, and butter her up from the Auburn side  ;)

Yep, that's the one. WDE01 you said it better than I could about the "sucking up part" :laugh: It was so bad that I couldn't even think of a nice way to say it :laugh: :laugh:

Archived