Heath

Any thoughts on where he might be headed?  Does anyone think LSU has been courting him to help restore gorilla ball?  Was Coach Paw disappointed with our team batting average to the point that he may have nudged him a little?

But you're convinced it was all Paw's decision?  I mean, Heath's tutelage has led to some near staggering hitting numbers in the past, in all phases, thus one would think it would only be a matter of time before AU was hitting for average as well as power, especially with some very solid hitters already signed and on the way.  I thought Heath even may be in line for a head position somewhere.

Everyone that I've talked to thinks it was all Paw, but who knows.  They may be dead wrong.  I just kept hearing that, while it was great to be one of the nation's best in homerun hitting, that it was terrible we were also near the bottom of the league in total runs scored.  No ABC baseball whatever and he didn't teach them to choke up and make contact with 2 strikes which led to lots of strikeouts when we really needed to keep innings going.  I have just heard he really felt, for Auburn to be succesful, he needed to go in a different direction.  Who knows though, I guess.

Any thoughts on where he might be headed?  Does anyone think LSU has been courting him to help restore gorilla ball?  Was Coach Paw disappointed with our team batting average to the point that he may have nudged him a little?

I have no clue where he might be headed but I think Coach Paw wanted to move in another direction as far as hitting....IMO, I would have to agree with him b/c ALL we could do is hit HR's

Thanks for the info guys.  Yeah, I was terribly disappointed with our inability to manufacture runs, especially the one or two needed to win close games...As bad as the strikeouts were, the baserunning errors got under my skin as well, because they've happened in excess for so many consecutive years.

Thanks for the info guys.   Yeah, I was terribly disappointed with our inability to manufacture runs, especially the one or two needed to win close games...As bad as the strikeouts were, the baserunning errors got under my skin as well, because they've happened in excess for so many consecutive years.

Oh yeah!  Very frustrating and thank you for keeping up with the games all year and keeping everyone posted.  A lot of people were very grateful that couldn't watch the games in person or get radio/tv coverage.  Here's to a much better year next year!  War Eagle!!!

Archived